Front page for The Trifecta is complete

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by RynoAid, Jul 20, 2010.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Front page for The Trifecta is complete

You can now access all of The Trifecta's key links off the front page of the site through the nav bar. www.traditionfootball.com

You should also be able to login and post blog articles in wordpress. Just make sure you check the right category on the right hand side when you create a new post. You need to select The Tradition News category. You can embed html and such on the website.

let me know if you have any questions.

one quick tip...

to create a thumbnail image for your news articles.. you just need to upload an image from your harddrive using the icon just above the post box... one you've uploaded, select the "use as thumbnail" box... and bam... it will look like my Pitt preview.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thanks Ryno.

Quick question-is there a tutorial or something for the wordpress? I'm challenged with some of this new tech stuff.

3. Dru50

Guys, I'm bumping this because I need one of you to volunteer to be our front page content manager. I would do it, but my home pc constantly has issues, and my work laptop/iPhone can't access the front page site due to the flash program required.

All you would have to do is make sure that we are keeping some good content flowing to the front page, you could probably copy things that are already done here in the forum or on the dynasty wire.

Who's gonna step up to the plate?

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm kinda confused about all this. I see the word press section and it doesn't look to complicated, however where is our "content" going to be? When I click on the trifecta logo it takes me to the dynasty hub page....?

5. Dru50

That's what I need some help with. Ryno set this up, but since I can't see it I have no idea how it is supposed to work. Whoever would be in charge of this could feel free to reach out to Ryno/Drifter or maybe Shaunlmason to get an idea of how it works. Supposedly it's really easy to use and I think the idea is to have some of our forum/dynasty wire content linked to the front page somehow so people who look at the site get an idea of what we do here.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I can't even tell if I'm logged on when I go to the main page. I don't see an option to log-in but it doesn't say I'm already logged in. I went to the Trifecta page on website but I couldn't figure out how to post new articles. If we can figure this out I'd be happy to try and help out but I'd need a tutorial on WordPress. I know of that program but I have yet to use it.

7. BDSDIGITAL

If you scroll down there is a log in option to the bottom right. I didn't realize that I wasn't logged in either. I assumed I was since I stay logged into the forum page. The word press thing looks pretty easy.

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I'll also look into it when I get home from work today.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I didn't notice that log-in option at the bottom of the main. Yeah it does look pretty easy. I did a test article and it seemed to come out ok. One thing I'm not sure about is how to direct to Trifecta page, but I can play around with that feature a little later tonight.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

11. BDSDIGITAL

That's really good Brave. Great Job.

12. Dru50

Great stuff brave. I could actually view the article on my iPhone via the link you posted.

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

If anyone wants something posted to main page of Tradition just shoot me a link to the article.

Brian, if you get me stories for Players of the Week I can post those. I'd also prefer to get pictures of said players, if possible. I'm pretty sure I have one for Chekwa so would just need a pic for Gilbert and Dunn. Any pics would need to be uploaded to EA Sports World as they cannot be taken off Dynasty Wire site.

14. BDSDIGITAL

Well that sucks about the pictures. I assume that the pictures that the game automatically uploads to the dynasty wire don't go to your easportsworld page.

15. BDSDIGITAL

and the dynasty hub is all jacked up right now. It's not showing any of the stories so I can't fool with it. I'll try later today. I have a meeting with some Kenyan's this morning....I wish I knew Swahili :(