Frosh Watch

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Who are the impact Freshman in the SEC this season?

[​IMG] Like many SEC coaches, Kapono has the luxury of not putting many freshman on the field right away. On defense, OLB Terrance Smith is in the 2 deep and should be an emerging star when he starts next season. DE Mario Edwards is a highly touted prospect who may see a redshirt this season, but will be a force in his career with the Seminoles. CB Keelin Smith has great size at 6'3" and will be on the field in nickel situations. On offense one frosh to watch is QB Jameis Winston. This kid is likely to redshirt and even then may be a backup for a year or two, but this young man has all the tools to be a superstar in FSU's spread attack.

[​IMG] The U has been raking in top shelf talent since the 80's, but this year they don't have any real impact freshman to make coach Boom29 's job easier.

[​IMG] Coach Dru50 inherits Keith Marshall at HB. This true freshman sits at #2 on his preseason depth chart, but with 95 speed and 94 acceleration, coach Dru would be smart to get this kid on the field, he's a big play waiting to happen!

[​IMG] While there are certainly some freshman on the roster, coach SatansAngel1104 will be able to keep them all firmly seated on the bench barring major injuries.

[​IMG] Coach recchem2000 's Tigers have a lot of young talent, they're just all sophomores. The most important frosh on the roster is LT Greg Robinson. The FR(RS) will start from day one and be asked to hold his own against some of the nations most electric pass rushers in the SEC.

[​IMG] Coach Cheez inherits speedy WR Drae Bowles...... wait, that won't matter since he doesn't throw the ball.... Well, if he did throw the ball, he could expect this kid to stretch defenses in the SEC after taking a season or two to develop at UT.

[​IMG] Razorbacks fans have had a lot to cheer for over the last year, including the hiring of powerhouse coach whygodwhy1111 ! Coach will have his work cut out for him to keep this team up to snuff in the brutal SEC west though, his squad has no real impact freshman.

[​IMG] Landon Collins is a true freshman FS stolen from LSU's back yard. This kid is unlikely to see much playing time right away, but with phenominal closing speed, solid zone coverage ratings and better than average (for a safety) hands, expect this kid to create turnovers for coach gowazzucougs and the tide for years to come. On offense, frosh wideout Eddie Williams is a big target at 6'4" and 210 lb who could see the field right away in 4 and 5 WR sets.

[​IMG] Coach MexiRican35 can expect his freshman to contribute by fetching water for the real players this season with one notable exception. CB Jalen Collins could be the next great LSU cover guy. Expect to see him in nickel and dime packages this season as he continues to develop.

[​IMG] The most highly touted recruit in the country landed at Mizzou for new coach Wyrmreaver . WR Dorial Green-Beckham, or DGB, is a 6-6, 220 lb monster in the most of Calvin Johnson. This kid will be on the field as the third receiver right away and should have a bright future ahead of him. Outside of DGB the team has Ohio prep star Maty Mauk in the fold at QB, but Mauk is likely to be on the bench for a few seasons at least.

[​IMG] Coach DirtycashDylan takes over the Gamecocks from the ole ball coach. The most impactfull frosh on the roster is far and away LT Brock Stadnik. This kid is a true freshman but has all the tools (90 OVR?!) to be a bookend LT for this team from day 1. Also expected to make an impact is MLB Mason Harris. Harris could see the field a lot or a little depending on what coach Dylan decides to do with the defense, but this kid has elite speed for an LB and should anchor this defense for the next few seasons.

[​IMG] Coach Jayrah is loaded at HB so who knows how he will use true freshman Trey Wiliams. Williams is a diminutive 5'8" and only 180 lb but the kid has heart, and more importantly, moves in the open field. Thomas Johnson and Mike Evans are the 4th and 5th WRs on this club behind 3 seniors, so expect those two to get some looks this season before being the starters next season. Another buzz-worthy aggie freshman is QB Matt Davis. Matt is unlikely to start for a few years but he wowed coaches when he ran sprint times comparable to the WRs and CBs. This kid has the potential to be a Denard Robinson type of talent.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

We all know DGB will be the freshman of the year Wyrmreaver

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

With the depth at rb Trey Williams will be watching this season and redshirting (hopefully). He is capable if we have an injury to step in and play though

4. Wyrmreaver

Yeah, he's like #4 on your roster I think? And a 79 OVR!? You are pretty well set at QB and HB..... just need to get some linebackers and safeties on campus it looks like

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Georgia will be starting the frosh HB and our freshman TE Ty Smith will also be starting.

6. Jayrah

He is 4th but my 3rd rb is a transfer so he has to sit the year out. I am using my 5th best rb as my 3rd string to try and save trey.

7. Wyrmreaver

Starting a lower rated player who has more speed and is an underclassmen...........

8. Wyrmreaver

Makes sense

9. Dru50

I'm running the spread, my other HB (who is rated 2 points higher) is 240 lbs with much worse quickness.

10. Wyrmreaver

I don't care Dru, I'm just yanking your chain

11. Jayrah

Freshman QB Johnny Manziel took over for Jameill Showers in the 2nd qtr, after Showers could not get his act together. Manziel went 21-33 for 318 and a TD. He did have 4 ints, but he made a strong case to take over the starting job from Showers, who went 7-14 for 70 and 3 ints in the first quarter and a half.

12. Wyrmreaver

Leading candidate for frosh of the year is clearly that HB now that we know he is starting...... DGB is probably the next guy on the list

13. Jayrah

Don't count out TAMU's new starter at qb. Freshman Johnny Manziel! Spread Air Raid could put up some big numbers for him.

14. Wyrmreaver

Looks like some big INTs so far....... :D

QBs with over 20 INTs don't get awards in my book!

15. Jayrah

Had to take some chances as I was down 24-0 when he entered the game. We'll clean it up hopefully.

16. Wyrmreaver

Now that we are in week 5, let's take a look at which young players are turning potential into production!

[​IMG] Nickel CB Keelin Smith has 11 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 INT and 1 FR. This kid is a star in the making for coach Kapono !

[​IMG] As predicted, no freshman making a real impact for the 'Canes and coach Boom29 .

[​IMG] True frosh Keith was off to a fast start after winning the starting job in the fall. The speedster had 278 yards rushing, 312 yards receiving and 5 TDs leading the team in all three categories before suffering a season ending injury. Too bad for coach Dru50 , no more HBs as the teams leading receiver I guess.... :p

[​IMG] As expected, SatansAngel1104 and the gators are keeping the kids on the bench so far this year.

[​IMG] LT Greg Robinson has been key for the Tigers and recchem2000 's fast start to the year, opening holes for the backs and protecting his QB.

[​IMG] Looks like Cheez has all his frosh wearing red shirts

[​IMG] Nothing to see here for coach whygodwhy1111

[​IMG] No freshman contributing so far for gowazzucougs

[​IMG] Johnny Manziel started the season under center, but after 3 TD and 12 INTs he is in coach Jayrah 's doghouse and sitting the bench. He could see the field again though, especially after his replacement's performance so far. Mike Evans is 2nd on the team in receiving yards at 267 and leads the way with 3 TD catches, an impressive start considering he appeared to be just the 4th best wideout before the season began.

[​IMG] Mason harris only has 4 tackles so far this year, but Brock Stadnik is holding down the LT spot for coach DirtycashDylan

[​IMG] Jalen collins has 10 tackles and an INT already this season for MexiRican35 and the Tigers

[​IMG] As expected, DGB has been an impact receiver for Mizzou. He currently leads the team with 360 yards receiving on just 10 receptions, 4 of them for TDs. Expect him to continue to have a solid year for Wyrmreaver

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Keelin Smith had the game of his life vs. TCU lol scoring 2 TDs and a 2-point conversion. He should be on the field a lot when we play @Missouri at Wyrmreaver . I'm not sure how we'll go about slowing down your offense so it should be a good one.

18. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

36 yards per catch seems a little high, don't ya think? ;)

19. Dru50

I'm actually glad the HB I have his hurt. His stats are sack because I went full velveeta when I had to play CPU Miami when my game with boom wouldn't record. Plus, maybe this will force me to figure out how to throw to my WRs....at least that's what I'm telling myself.

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

:eek: It didn't register until now that it was my team that took your HB out for the year. Way to go boys!!

21. Dru50

Sorry to disappoint you, but he survived that game. Mighty Vanderbilt did the deed...

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

ahhh. Sometimes two weeks blend into one.

23. Wyrmreaver

It will come down some..... most of that is on 3 catches of 60+ since he is my #3 I hit him more often on little slants, drags, and hitches.... but when the CPU is stupid enough to leave him open in the seem.......

Example, against Mexi he had 3 catches for 40 yards.... I tried to go deep to him once but mexi is not as dumb as the CPU and had him covered and got the INT

24. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I know what you mean. My #1 receiver is usually at around 10 yards per catch until he gets one over the top and then his numbers look respectable.

25. Dru50

My "#1" WR is lucky to average 10 ypc.

And the quotations were intentional. My WR corp is pitiful.