FSU No More: AMP Fired as Noles Coach

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

FSU No More: AMP Fired as Noles Coach

In late breaking news from last night, DADDY AMP has been fired as the coach of Florida State. The odd thing is that he was not fired by the university, but rather by a member of the NCAA's board. Here is a statement from the NCAA:

"After another major violation, it is our decision that Florida State no longer be a part of our online dynasty. The user again quit out of a game they were losing with recruits in the stands so that the result didn't post. This is the second time this has occurred, and with the amount of proof that exists this time, a bold move was made. This should also serve as a shot across the bow of any other member of the league, that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I think the league just let out a collective sigh of relief. Hate to lose an original OFFL guy, and a seemingly good-natured guy, but from day 1 he never got the sim concept. From winning the Heisman in year 1 of last year's OFFL because his RB had 100 catches til now, it's always been something.

I'll definitely miss AMP in a way though, and wish him the best.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

What the hell is going on? I've heard nothing of this. I haven't even played my game yet. Don't mean to come across harsh, I've been out of the house all day. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Just spoke to Basis, if I was gonna erase a score why would this be posted?

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19527

This is BS. I call it like I see it. If I was gonna erase a score, I sure as hell wouldn't have posted about my ass getting raped. I've already spoke to Basis about it. Apparently I have to have a majority to get back in so, whoever needs to vote, vote.

This game was over, and was reported to the dynasty. Not to mention I had to come back for 2 hours of recruiting a day later. So pissed.

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Dat. Appreciate it. (n)

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

A. I'm shocked that Amp was kicked out without being told. If he did indeed yank the plug (for the 2nd time) he should be gone, but he still should be told about it via PM and not find out about it in a thread like this.

B. It makes no sense to me that someone write up a thread saying how they were murdered by the CPU if they pulled the plug. I can definitely see someone (not that I'd do it) pulling the plug because of a game like that, but I certainly wouldn't post about how bad it was.

C. The OD seems to have been hinky lately so there's certainly the possibility that it simply didn't update.
    1. Max got reverted to 2009 or some shit because he had the file saved.
    2. Shaun's game against me (which was the same week as Amp's questionable game) didn't post either. Luckily it posted when I left the post game screens, but I don't think it ever would've posted if Shaun were the only one. Even after it posted for me, it always said "Reported by Jello1717" for Shaun's game.

In this scenario, it seems very likely that the game simply didn't post, especially given that Shaun's game against me didn't post for him when he left. I'm also pretty sure that one of Suge's games last season didn't post. If this is the case, then I'd say it's premature to boot Amp (if in fact our votes do matter).

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Exactly -- so why didn't you mention that the game didn't post when you noticed that?? I noticed it, and waited to see if you would mention it. Nothin. No preemptive explanation, or any explanation at all.

A long line of things going back to NCAA 09 has led up to this. They have been tolerated after repeatedly asking you to change things about your playing style. Without getting into it completely, the final gameplay straw was having a wide receiver with 35 catches and 1500 yards last season. Then, another ironic no post of your game when you had recruits in the stands.

I stand by the decision that I made on the spot. Anyone else can speak up.

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Basis, I did my recruiting and saw my loss. I'm done trying to convince you man. Oh and my big time WR, my bad. Next time I'll throw into triple coverage. It's been fun guys. Wish you the best of luck. Can someone remove the knife from my back?

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My side of the result didn't upload because I pressed the shiny X on the controller and shut down my console before I exited the game....ie I'm a dumbass.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    BTW, if this is going to a member vote, let us know Basis so we can get it over with.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I'm supportive of Basis' decision. AMP has been given more chances than anyone else has ever had. Worst case, if he gets tossed on a misunderstanding, he still can't really blame anyone but himself.

AMP it's not stabbing you in the back, we've been confronting you directly on this stuff from day 1, trying to give you chances to correct your gameplay. I can name 7-8 incidents off the top of my head. There's a laundry list of guys who don't want to play you, which makes scheduling more complicated for Basis. You literally had no rope left. So whether you're guilty this time or not, you have to understand that your removal is the entirely the result of the sum of your actions, not some unfair judgement on our part.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It isn't going to a vote.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

What has needed to be said has been said. I'm closing the thread, and we're moving forward.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I assumed as much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.