FSU suggest's self imposed penalty.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JOEDESIGNS, Aug 11, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

FSU suggest's self imposed penalty.

-Should FSU make it to the ACC game and win - Bonus recruit goes to Miami

-Should FSU play each user game - Bonus recruit to UF

-Next Season FSU can't recruit anyone of the free recruits including the top 3

This is my mess and I want to fix it.

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Just a couple details-

We haven't yet determined if a bonus recruit will be given for a conference championship. Might be, might not. There's a thread where we've been discussing this recently.

Not likely that any bonus recruits will be given for playing all your user games. That was the old system.

Also, just so I'm totally clear, are you admitting guilt here?

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I guess my feelings about penalties comes down to this:

Amp, did you pull the plug on a game because you were losing?

Yes or No

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

To answer you and Dat in the same post, no. I didn't do it, but this is the only way to make everyone feel ok about it and I'm good with it. I'll take a hit but it keeps my integrity and hopefully makes everyone happy at the same time. I know the penalty has to be stiffer than the "crime." And I get to see it first hand since FSU is ACTUALLY doing this. Thought I might as well join the team. However, I don't want to turn this post into the first one and I want you guys to understand I DID NOT pull the plug. I just want it to be done so we can move on. Me and AG had this same talk last night, so I figured I'd put it our here for you guys.

5. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Amp,

Im the new kid on the block so I hate speaking up when things like this happend. I just went thorugh it with a play that I now admit was "WRONG" You are living up to your error and thats a great thing.

The thing Ive noticed is you have been very quiet on the boards and on your blog? When I first came to the league, you were always active. Now, I very rarely ever see you. If your real busy with stuff outside and dont have much time, perhaps you should ask for some time off. I noticed you play your games at the last minute the past couple of weeks. This is not the same guy i talked smack with about the ACC at the start of the year. Its none of my business what happends outside the these walls in your pesonal life. Im sure you have work and school which can take away. Trust me, I have a 15 month old, a wife, and a fulltime job and its hard enough keeping up with everything.

I hate to see someone go through something like this if they are having issues. If your having problems with the internet, take a break until its resolved.

Good Luck and I will hopefully see ya next week
    (y)

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Know what happens when you pull out a Jackets stinger? It dies.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

As you were posting this, Nesbitt just ran 50 yards for a score on the FSU Secondary

8. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Two of the three things you listed are just rewarding other teams. As I see it, the problems this created are this:

1. You got the best recruit in the country on a game you probably would have lost.

2. You stayed in the National Championship for the same reason.

Therefore, the consequences should fix those.

1. You have to cut that #1 prospect in the off-season. Period. If you get to keep this guy, then the whole thing is a joke. We get to sit around for the next 4 seasons reading about how great this guy is when you probably never should have gotten him in the first place.

2. If you're still undefeated come your game with Florida, he gets to play vs the CPU. Simming games against the CPU won't help because you'll win those anyways. You should have a loss on your record, and this is only way to likely get that.

9. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

How about making him start in a hole. A future game this season down 14-0 in the first? Someone who is ranked near or around the USF squad?

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think the NCAA might come down a bit harder on FSU than this.

11. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I personally dont want him to cut that RB.

I think he should try and make him transfer first.

Redshirt as a Freshman, bench 4th or 5th string after that. I would hate for a player that good to just be gone.

Try and force the RB to transfer out rather then just eliminate him, FSU just cant play him.

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Good point by Bruce if Marcus Baker is somehow included in the penalty. This guy really is a monster. I don't want to see him cut either. We could put him on "academic probation" and see if it forces a transfer after a year or two.

I doubt Basis likes the idea of getting a "free" win (although I guess it would partially make up for possibly/probably missing out on Baker). Forcing a 14 point deficit at halftime against a decent CPU opponent would probably be fair, but I don't know how that's accomplished.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Basis is probably right. We shouldn't get caught up in balancing the situation out in some way. If we were to replicate the deficit in a future game, all we're really doing is setting the clock back to just before the incident happened. We are not addressing the fact that the incident occurred. It's more like a do-over, which is more like a favor than a penalty.

Penalizing recruiting is something that needs to be thought out carefully, since the game has player progression issues, which means small penalties will not likely have much of an effect. If we're all going to be A+ teams in a couple years anyway, how do we address the issue in a meaningful way? (That's not a question I'm looking for an answer to - just letting you know where my head is at.)

I'm working it out right now, but let me say this - no one has yet touched the kind of severity I'm thinking of. It will be meaningful - it will be fair - but it's not going to be any kind of slap on the wrist.

AG

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am 100% NOT IN FAVOR of playing a CPU FSU team.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That's what I thought you'd say.

16. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I'll leave this one up to the Commish. I do like the idea of Baker transferring as opposed to being cut.