FSU vs Mia

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 21, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU vs Mia

Hey,

I'm gonna try and go home this weekend so we can play. However, I want to try and connect here if we can. I'll be on for a little while tonight, and during the day tomorrow.

Hit me up with a message on live if you can go tomorrow during the day, and what times.

If I am not able to go home this weekend then you can play the CPU.

2. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Maybe, since it seems like we are the only two who can't connect, I should move to the Big 12 if a spot opens up... Also, I honestly am at the point that I don't think it is the router, because I put the Xbox port on my router into DMZ (demilitarized zone) when we were trying to connect last time so there is absolutely NO restriction on that port. I don't have any problems except with you for some reason.

Finally, if anything, I think its only fair that you play vs. the CPU this time, as I got that opportunity last season. If you want me to, I have no problem with playing vs. the CPU, as I am looking to make the National Title, but it seems you have an outside shot still too. So I am fine with whatever preference you have. And I am not sure if I will be around from late tomorrow night until Sunday night, if that influences you going home.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This is a problem on my side...if you want to move to the Big 12 that's fine with me, but I'm not going to make you. I'll drop from the league before that.

I can most likely travel back so we can play, but if you are going to be out doing whatever then I won't, but I need a definate answer. I live 3 hours away.

I have this issue with multiple others, and they have all been fixed. Not saying this one can be, just saying this isn't something new.

4. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I am about 95% sure I won't be around this weekend. I will be until tomorrow evening, but then I am on the road (one side of the family does Christmas really late because no one can ever get together any earlier) and won't be back on until Sunday - not sure how late yet, but it won't be too early. Once you mentioned going back home, I knew that I needed to figure it out so you didn't do that if I wasn't going to be around...

As for transferring to Big XII, etc. I wouldn't mind. But there isn't a spot right now. Of course, I have a solid team at Miami, but am still open to a rebuilding project. If it does happen, it doesn't seem like it needs to be immediate, as we can resolve these games vs. CPU (not the best option, but gets us by). So, do you want the CPU game this time?

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I don't WANT the CPU game, if you know what I mean.

Both of us have an equal oppurtunity at the NC. If I beat you, I'll rematch UNC or you in the ACC Championship game. If I won out I'd most likely still get in. Maybe even with two losses if I won the ACC, considering my only losses would be to #3 UNC and #1 Mia.

I will most likely be going back home anyways. I will probably be home around noon Saturday, and leave around 6-7 pm central on Sunday.

We're both unavailable for two days. Is there not anyway we could play Sunday night?

I think the fairest thing to do if we can not play is just to sim it. Ultimately it is my issue, but I'd appreciate if it was simmed. I don't think a loss for you would hurt your NC chances...

You still need to beat UNC regardless, and if he beats you he basically wins the division.

No what I mean? If we can't play Saturday or Sunday do you want to just sim it?

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Here's my 2cents....for what its worth.

You guys can have all the time you need, it would be REALLY nice to actually see this one played somehow, but, if it cannot be, I really think it should be a sim. I just feel it should be ALL on the users or ALL on the CPU if you get my drift, that could be as fair as wee could get b/c one guy against the CPU will just result in a W and I think we all know that.

We'll see though, no need to jump to conclusions yet.

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

My 2 cents

This is a very touchy situation guys. As far as division races both of you still have teams behind you so your both actually playing for rank, national title hopes, and momentum. I agree with what has been said in the case of you 2 absolutely not being able to connect or play that its simmed. It is Murk's issue but then again he cannot help that his school has the strict settings. Spatin have you connected directly into the modem or are you even able to?

One more thing I would suggest is possibly both of you picking representatives to play your game. I'm sure both of you could find someone to match your playing styles.

Again I'm just suggesting but I believe that would possibly be what I would do if this situation come up in The Rivalry

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Well, if he is available tomorrow and Sunday I can play. No doubt.

There doesn't need to be an extension because I'm not going to be able to stay at home longer then Sunday because I obviously need to be back Monday morning (5:45) for school.

Unless you want to wait an entire week, and I don't.

9. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I should be back by Sunday night to play... You said you would be there until 6:00 P.M. (CST) or so, right Murk? If that's the case, I can let her know that we need to get back BEFORE that, hopefully between 4:00-5:30 and we can play then if that works for you.

However, I also agree that if we can't connect, or something goes wrong and we can't get the game in, a simulation might be the best option. I don't know that I would want someone else to play for me, to be honest. And I think a CPU game would at least match us up pretty evenly, so probably the "fairest" thing left, barring we can't get the game in.

So... Sunday, between 4:00-6:00 PM (CST) for the game? --- I will have a much more accurate time later, so I will keep you updated.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I can start a game any time before 7 pm central.

So those times work for me. Just let me know when the time gets closer.

I'll find out later today if I will be going back or not, most likely yes, but I'll keep you posted.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I still don't know, will find out tomorrow

12. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Murk, I should be back around 5:00 P.M. tonight, and should be able to play basically right then.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

k, I'll be on at that time..