FULL!!! - XBOX 360 New Members League-

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by Wick36, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I will be the commissioner for a new members league this year.

Pace: Advance every 72 hours, or earlier if everyone finishes their game.
    Availability: Users should be able to play sometime between 6 and 11 pm eastern.
    Gameplay Difficulty: We will use All American with sliders.
    Recruiting Difficulty: Recruiting will be set to Heisman.
    Setup: Will we be using a 6 conference set up (PAC-12, Big Ten, ACC, SEC, Big XII, and Big East), so there will be 2 users in each conference. Each user will have 4 user games a year. We will not be using coaching carousel.

Please review this link about the rules.

If you're interested in joining, please post with...

GT:
    Availability:
    Team Selection:
    What does sim gameplay mean to you?:

-
    Big XII full
    Big Ten full
    SEC full

Roster

ACC
    azreinman - North Carolina
    xSavedByGracex - Miami

Big East
    the bigg dawgg - Louisville
    whales30 - USF

Big Ten
    Jolts57 - Wisconsin
    schreck822 - Notre Dame

Big XII
    Wick36 - Texas
    droid43 - Oklahoma State

PAC-12
    Theezy - Cal
    cyclonecountry - Stanford

SEC
    EMbow513 - Georgia
    xassassin4lifex - Missouri

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  2. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

GT: the bigg dawgg
    Availability: depends on when my kd goes to sleep but thats usually 10ish
    Team Selection: louisville
    What does sim gameplay mean to you?: it means playing the game the way its supposed to be played in real life.

can u only be n one league around here? im new and dont know how things work around here

3. Wick36

You can be in multiple, but you probably shouldn't be in more than 1 or 2 so you're giving it your full focus and won't find in a position where you're having a tough time getting your games in or content posted.

I am assuming you're already in a league? Let me know if you're still interested in this one and I'll add you to the list. (y)

4. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

nah i'm not but my buddy was tryin to get me into another league i was just wondering so i am interested here as well

5. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

GT: Spudseal2

Availability: Right now it's summer, so i'm free pretty much whenever, but when school starts on august 9th I'll usually only available from 7-10 PM PST time. Im also usually free on weekends.

Team selection: Rutgers

What does sim gameplay mean to you?: Playing how teams would play in real life. So calling your own plays, not going for it on 4th and forever. not trying fake field goals..etc.

6. Wick36

Added you both.

-

Big East is full.

7. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Thanks, I look forward to playing in this OD!

8. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Can i join bro?
    GT:EMbow513
    Availability: Anytime, i play football in real life but other than that im good
    Team Selection:Ohio State
    What does sim gameplay mean to you?: Playing realistically like teams would do in real life

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wick36

yep, adding you

10. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Damn wait hold on bro,can you change me to georgia? I feel more comfortable with them

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

GT: Jolts57
    Availability: Every night between 2pm-12am(at some point I'm on, depending on work)
    Team Selection: Wisconsin would be my first choice. If I can't get Wisconsin I would gladly take any Florida team
    What does sim gameplay mean to you?: It means mixing up plays. Not cheesing broken game mechanics such as running QBs scrambling every play, super blitzes, etc. Using more than one 3rd down play. IMO it's ok being predominately run or pass but ya gotta mix in the other sometimes.

12. Wick36

adding as wisconsin

13. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

GT: xSavedByGraceo

I was told about your OD by Drifterbub. I am interested and available weekdays from 8pm est until 1 am est, and flexible on weekends.

I would like Florida, or Miami.

Sim gameplay is realistic gameplay, being as realistic as possible within the game. Not going for it on 4th down unless necessary, running the same plays over and over again, Running way back with the QB etc.

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  14. Wick36

Adding you to the list.

15. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

Looking forward to it!

16. VolPett

VolPett Walk On

A 72 Hour League fits great with my schedule.

I am a available weeknights after 7:00.

I would love to play with Cal.

To me sim football means that if you're thinking about doing something during a game that you wouldn't see on Saturday, then don't do it.

17. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Hey Wick, this looks like a league I'd definitely be interested in. I'm not exactly new, I played in a new member league last season (BCS Blow Up) with a bunch of guys from premium leagues. We had a great run, made it through April and I wound up as commish due to some circumstances with the original guys. Anyway, I figure I can help lead the way with all the new guys in the league if you'd like. Let me know if that's cool, I really like the basic set up of the league and can get references from a bunch of premium guys if you'd like.

GT: Schreck822
    Availability: 6pm-midnight central most days, anytime weekend depending on what we have going on
    Team Selection: Notre Dame (figure it would be easy enough to put them in the ACC or B1G depending on how the rest of the new guys shake out. Big XII may also be reasonable as lately there has been some smoke about that actually happening. Long story short, ND is flexible if you're open to it)
    What does sim gameplay mean to you?: In my opinion it is summed up very well in the rules you linked to. It includes mixing up plays offensively and defensively, not calling money plays or exploiting weaknesses in the game, basically not cheesing. To me, it also involves how you recruit and everything else. One of the rules we had in our OD last season was no oversigning and limits on recruiting stars per spot. With recruiting on Heisman we might not have to worry too much about it, but would prefer not to see guys pulling in 7 or 8 five stars in a class.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  18. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Hey Schreck! Welcome back. I take it BCS Blowup disbanded?

19. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I'm afraid it's looking that way. Sonn sent out a message to the remaining guys a week or 2 ago and nobody really stepped up at all. I won't have time to take too big of a leadership role unfortunately, or I'd have offered to lead it. Just had baby #2 last week and my job makes it hard to be as active as I'd need to be. If there is a chance to pick it back up though, I'd love to, great league and great concept. If you guys get an opening over in the Redshirts anytime, I'd be happy to jump in :), will miss playing with you guys.

20. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

GT: THEEEZYY

Availability: It's the summer, so basically any time. But once school starts on Aug 20th, it will be limited to 8pm-11pm central.

Team Selection: Oregon Ducks, please.

What does sim gameplay mean to you?: This means playing the game like a true man. Don't quit when the going gets tough, cause the tough will get going soon enough. (Cheesy, I know <3 )

Btw, I am 15 years old. but i can assure you I am a mature, dedicated, and serious 15 year old.

21. Wick36

There will very likely be some recruiting restrictions with stars in place. There will definitely be something to prevent oversigning as well.
    Are you interested in anyone other than ND? We had someone in the Legacy take em and we put them in the Big 10 and it created some issues with the scheduling. I'll do it if they're the only team you're really interested in, though (and hope it is fixed this year, lol).

Adding you.

22. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

@Wick----Are you also adding VolPett too?

23. Wick36

Going to decline, based on your thread in the new members lounge. Feel free to PM me if you disagree.

No

24. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

If VolPett is not gonna be in, may I change to Cal? That was originally gonna be my first choice.

25. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

@Wick---Ok, sorry..Just wanted to make sure you read his Post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.