Fumbleitis Breaks Out In Denver, No Cure Found

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Broncos218, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

It's been tough holding onto the ball these days in Denver. Knowshon Moreno was the first Broncos player to be stricken by the epidemic. In Week 1, down a point yet in position to kick a short game-winning field goal in the 4th quarter, Moreno coughed up the ball and thus the win too. "I knew that Oakland air had something in it," said the Broncos' coach recently, "I don't know why the NFL still mandates that anyone ever be forced to play there." Then in Week 2, Moreno's illness spread to the starting running back, Ahmad Bradshaw. Bradshaw fumbled not once, twice, or even three times. 4 fumbles for the RB killed any momentum, and Denver didn't score until the dying minutes in another loss. But now even more worrisome, the fumbleitis has spread even more in Week 3, as fumbles by Bradshaw, Osweiler, and Felix Jones put Denver in a massive hole early and led the team to a third straight loss.

Now after 3 games, the Broncos have fumbled 8 times, losing possession 5 times. No other team has more than 2 lost fumbles.

[​IMG]
    Even Jets players could force a fumble right now

"I don't even know where to begin," said an irate Coach Tyler following the most recent fumble fiesta. "We might just have to hire Tiki Barber and have him teach our team how to not drop the ball." However, for the time being, the coach has instructed all of his running backs to not eat any butter and to duct tape a ball to their hands and have it remain there until the team's next game. "Maybe they'll finally learn what it's like to have a football in their hands for more than 2 yards at a time." The Broncos plan to stick with the RBs already on the roster, but may switch up playing time for each back.

[​IMG]
    Bronco players will be using plenty of this until their next game

• Like Like x 2
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Four fumbles in your last game? That's a killer. Do you use R1 at all when you are running with the ball through traffic?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Occasionally, but not often. Usually just in goal-line type plays and late-game situations. It's not something I really expect to continue happening tho, I never had fumbling issues w/ Buffalo

• Like Like x 1