Future Drafts in Madden 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Future Drafts in Madden 10

Well, I definitely learned a lot last night. Here's what I noted:

1. We should not go beyond 4 rounds until we have this down to a science. It drug on for a bit when people could not see a picked/not picked area.

2. Gonna have to use either a different system than Mumble or I'll have to figure out how to manipulate it better. Last night went okay but could have went smoother and quicker.

3. Gonna have to plan better. Yeah, getting a draft list together 15 minutes before draft is a bad idea. :)

4. Gonna have to kill my Trillian Messenger (joke here). I now have an inkling of what Mel Kiper Jr. and Chris Mortensen go through. HOLY JESUS...Talking to 5 different people, making picks for 2 people, while trying to pull people into Mumble rooms...yeah...HOLY JESUS... It was fun but man was it taxing. Not to say no one else did their part though, just saying from my perspective it was very overwhelming at times.

Although, now that we have an idea of how to do a draft, I think we could allow trading of draft picks during the season. However, and I stress however, I think we should wait until the start of offseason two to discuss this one, or at least after this year's trade deadline.

Anywho, it was fun but a lot longer than I anticipated.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya, we learned a lot of things this offseason and i think next offseason will be much much more smooth. I also think, just for sake of ppl quitting during the season or being booted, we should always wait till the offseason to allow trades. This leaves some integrity with the team for the new owners, especially new owners taking bad teams.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree. I joined a league once and it was very disheartening to already be down 3 draft picks. Picks should be only in the offseason. I also think that we should think about doing the draft before FA. I signed some 2 pt players last week to fill my roster that I wouldn't have if the draft had come first. I think it gives people more of an idea of what to go after in FA once the draft is over. Last night I won Brandon Attkinson in the 3rd. If I would have done that before FA, I would have never bid on Jamaal Jackson and saved myself 9 pts. Plus IMO it makes people go after specific players more in FA, instead of just trying to fill every hole at once. I would know right now that my biggest need is OLB and would go after him like Nate did Edwards before bidding on a bunch of players like I did. I think in the end it would have been so much smoother. We DEFINITELY learned alot as a league this off-season. This won't just help us with the rest of Madden 10. I think we come out as one of the best online leagues when Madden 11 hits! Am I being too partial to my league? haha

4. natedawg212000

;) yes, and thats a good thing. LOL

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I also agree that we should go with something other than Mumble as Win says. I would like to also think about some kind of deadline to make draft pick trades. We need time to make sure that we have the draft order down and with trades being made at the last minute really confused some people. Also, would like to see a global list of players that we can see taken down once drafted. I followed my list as much as I could last night and I still got a little lost during round 4.

6. natedawg212000

well dunlap started doing a great job by uploading his master list after each round. Doesnt help during the round, but helps some.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Honestly for being such a rough first run, it went pretty well. At least now we know what to expect and as such can get moving to make sure the next draft goes a bit smoother.

8. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I thought I posted this already but now I don't see it, so I'll post it again.

I thought Mumble worked well. Maybe we should of just had everyone in 1 room and setup to push 2 talk. If theres something free and better then I guess we can do that too.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, Mumble worked okay. For a free program that is fairly easy to use (for most) it worked well. But if there is something better (I know people mentioned AIM chat rooms), we could possibly combine the two maybe...just thinking out loud.

10. natedawg212000

ya. i didnt mind mumble. it took us a while to all get rolling, but once we did it was smooth. i dont know if one room would work but its worth a shot.