Future of BoF

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Aug 19, 2011.

?

What should we do?

1. Start over

50.0%
  2. Continue with our original setup

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE VOTING OR REPLYING

Guys, I have been asked a lot lately about the future of coaching movements and as the rule states, I have intended for everyone to stay in their respective conference and only accept inconference jobs. Most concerns have been about Big 12 teams potentially ending up at Texas or Oklahoma and they don't see it as fair as the MWC only has Boise and the Big East only has TCU and West Virginia and all of those teams are not considered of the elite status as Texas and OU are. Now since I am willing to make a change in the best interest of the league I want to put this on you guys:

Would anyone be willing to start over? Just so everyone is clear I have no intention in changing our current ruleset if we do not start over. If we do I want us to start off in the same small conference so we will only be going to Conference USA or the MAC. While C-USA isn't the more balanced all the teams are located in recruiting hotbeds so you will have a better shot at building your team while waiting for that first big time offer to come rolling in. The MAC is more balanced but it will be harder for some teams to recruit than others. No matter which conference we choose you will be able to accept any HC offered to you.

One thing is for certain, there will be more user games with the new setup and I think it will help with the overall competitiveness of this OD. If we start over we will wait until I find a replacement for Erik the Red because I have not heard from him and I'd rather start with 12 than 11 and then eventually have to find another guy anyways. Also, if the release date of the patch is supposed to be within a week of the day I find a replacement we will wait. It will fix the injury bug and other things.

CnoteGT
    smlVICTORIES53
    Strombeo
    Baron
    LB Fitted
    Jman
    Coach_III
    H0TT NIKKELs
    Magoo
    Ruckus Redbird19

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

When you say "waiting for that first big time offer" are you saying we'd be allowed to move out of conference to another school?

I.E. I'm at say Kent State and then eventually, Ohio State offers me a job, am I allowed to that. Or are we staying completely within our leagues?

Just want that clarification. As for restarting in general, I'm in favor of it, simply because like... Oklahoma and Texas are often called overpowered (recruiting wise) in leagues where anyone can go to any team whatsoever.

3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

My question as well..are we restricted to that conference or can we go anywhere when in the new setup?

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Only restriction will be the starting conference. After that you can move to any team that offers you a head coach job. We may want to look at instituting some kinda time frame for jumping to keep people changing every friggin' year

5. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

if i recall the game kinda naturally makes it hurt for you with your coaching loyalty being effected in recruiting and kids decision to come to you

6. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i prefer not to start over...but if its best for the league i dont mind

7. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Instead of everyone being in the same conference how bout splitting between Mac cusa and wac. That way it would setup a nice user setup and gives teams a good chance to recruit. Because if we are all in same conference a user could lose all the user games and that would really hurt their recruiting. That way we could still have 3-6 user games and still have some nice user bowl games.

8. Baron

Magoo raises some good points.

9. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

really start over? +sigh+ i guess. i hate the first season of a dynasty. i dont think i can sit through another crap season. i will only agree if i can be uab.

i wasnt planing on accepting any other jobs. i just want to take a crap program and make it better through recruiting. my reasoning for taking isu is that they had alot of young talent that was bound to mix well with my new recruits. anyways im not a fan of starting over but i wont quit the league so ill do whatever you guys decide. if we do start over please give me UAB

10. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

how about only letting people change jobs to conference usa or do a lateral move to a program with the same amount of stars

11. CnoteGT

CnoteGT Walk On

I agree with Ruckus Redbird19 when it comes to startin over becuase its kind of a drag since we just went through a whole year, but i'll do whatever is decided. Also i think you should give Magoo ideas some thought.

12. Papa Perry

I may split between C-USA and the MAC but not a third. If we do that though I may only allow starting off with a 2 star or below team because the MAC doesn't have any 3* teams and C-USA has 4 or 5. Another thing I may look into is starting off at any 2* or below school.

13. Papa Perry

It's not that easy

14. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Perry, I'm game for whatever. I really don't have a preference in this one. Not trying to be difficult, I just don't.

15. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I like the indifference you are projecting. So while you are in this mode I will ask, when your wife starts making boat loads of money, will you continue to be indifferent to her sending me a couple grand a month? And will she be able to fun perry a woman?

16. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

I voted no but it looks like im in the minority. Job offers aren't given out like people think they are. Three things have to happen. 1. retirement 2. fired for not fulfilling his contract (the computer coaches have contracts too) 3. someone moves on to another job.

You can look now and see what coaches might be fired. I have done like 4 CC online with one of my friends to test it out. The job that always opens up is Penn State (Joe Pa retires) then what ever coach takes his job their team has an opening then it starts from there. Then you sprinkle in people getting fired. Also you don't always get offered a job at a better school. You might get a job offer at a school that's bad to turn them around.

From the responses in reading people don't want to start over but they going with the majority....lol Also we one of the few leagues around here that haven't had any major problems if its not broke don't fix it :)

17. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

We may be able to work something out, I'm totally indifferent to it.

18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Now that I think about it more. I don't really want to start over

19. Strombeo

Strombeo Walk On

I am okay either way but I do feel that if we started over I really like the idea of any 2-star team... Maybe we could do 2 custom conferences with any 2-star team? - get it so we all have he same amount of user games in conference, and then get a couple non-conference games against non-conference teams?

20. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

no custom conferences please.....

• Like Like x 1
  21. Baron

After playing my Bowl game, I don't really know how I feel about restarting. On the one hand, the Oklahoma-Texas thing does kinda concern me, but year 1 is always a tough part of a dynasty.

Sorry to flip flop back and forth, but now I honestly don't feel strongly one way or the other.

22. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

+1

23. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

i think anybody who takes texas or ou is taking the easy road and they are softies

24. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

so cant we just say nobody take texas or oklahoma and keep this one going?

25. Ruckus Redbird19

Ruckus Redbird19 Walk On

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.