Future of C2C (NCAA 11)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Future of C2C (NCAA 11)

I was just thinking this could give us another chatter thread (like we need another one) but I was wondering how the new game may impact some of you as far as if you will choose a new team, what type of offense you may be running if the right changes are made to suit you, or even what your play style might change to.

I ofcourse will be sticking with Bama considering this is probably the only OD I'm in that I thoroughly enjoy controlling my favorite team. But I know I've seen Brave mention how he hates Florida and Juggernaut mentioned he would like to be ND if Twist decides to give them up. Seeing that Castor is an OSU fan as is Brave, Brave may stick with Florida but Twist giving up ND could cause a chain reaction depending on where Twist wants to go from there.

For example:

Juggernaut -> ND
    Brave -> Big 12
    Twist -> SEC
    Bogey (If he wants to pass up Utah) -> Pac 10 (Make them the only 3 user conference since its hard to schedule nonconference with Pac-10 due to 9 conference regular season games)

That is just an example but what are y'alls thoughts?

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Have you seen Florida's real life recruiting class this season? I'd be crazy to switch to another school :). Actually I have thought a little about next season. Not sure if I would stick with Florida or switch to a school where I have to do a bit of rebuilding. Maybe I'll move over to Lane's old stomping grounds.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

If we stick with the current format of battling with the top teams (which I actually think has worked pretty well) I would either stay with Texas or could be talked into switching to a team that has a good passing game. I would like to use USC, since I watched alot of Pac 10 football growing up but I'm not sure that killajo would want to switch, seeing as he lives out west and all.

As long as I can still instant commit recruits like a mo-fo it's all good with me.
    (y)

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't think I would have any interest switching teams at all.

5. Papa Perry

I you beat me with Tennessee like you have Florida I would have to retire lol. Actually that would be interesting playing each other every season like the other teams in C2C. Or if you do choose to stay as Florida we could do custom conference to switch Tennessee and Florida (I've done this before in another OD so I know it can be done)

6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I would stick with Michigan.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Dru if you leave Texas I'll take them :)

8. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I have zero interest in staying with the Utes, in my two leagues I'm Utah and Oregon, I don't think I have won a big recruiting battle yet this season. I'm down for a move...

9. BDSDIGITAL

Just out of my own curiosity, if you moved right now who would you want?

I'm just curious.

10. BDSDIGITAL

Just out of my own curiosity, if you moved right now who would you want?

I'm just curious.

11. Dru50

With 12 people and it seeming like more than a couple of people are interested in a switch of teams, maybe we should start thinking about reducing the number of conferences? With the calibre of teams most of us use, really there is only one Pac 10 team that can compete recruiting long term, but there are multiple Big 12, Big 10, ACC and SEC schools that can roll with the big boys given some help.

Just a thought.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Well I wouldnt like taking USC away from Jo and the Pac 10 from the dynasty and this is Coast2Coast.

I could see us moving to ACC, Big XII, Big Ten and SEC. Moving Max, Jo, and Bogey into one of those four.

13. Dru50

I hear ya, it's just too bad that there isn't another Cali school that's worth a damn football wise. Oregon will start out competitive but if we got this thing rolling right away for 2011 they could quickly fall behind recruiting wise.

Like I said, I'm not overly attached to Texas and if it would help the league in next years game I could probably be convinced to hand them over to max and I could take another school.

14. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Id like the Cornhuskers

15. Dru50

Another solution could be moving Boise St or Utah or other teams to the Pac 10 to give more options there, but I'm not certain those schools really recruit any better than Oregon does.

16. BDSDIGITAL

I don't know, I think you can make any of the california schools good programs. You would just have a bit of an uphill climb getting over the USC Monster.. So it would have to be someone that could win with less talent in order to get talent in the door... I'd hate to see anyone forced to move to another team that didn't want to move though...I could see us all in 4 conferences though too.

17. Dru50

I guess the Pac 10 argument hinges on how much killa is attached to using USC in 2011.

18. Papa Perry

I can't remember if it was Cal or UCLA I used in a non-TF dynasty I was in earlier into the NCAA 10 season but it was actually quite easy to rake in the recruits

You have to think, the Proximity to home factor plays into the hands of the Cali, Texas, and Florida schools more than the other ones. Pick up FIU or North Texas in a small school dynasty and see how fast they grow.

19. Dru50

I've used UCLA in a smaller dynasty before and did well recruiting, but of course in that one no one was using USC and there were only 5 guys in the dynasty to compete with and none were the power schools. That's the trick with our set up, all of us are using power schools that recruit nationally and can pluck Cali recruits here and there.

Probably hard to see how well one of those schools would work is to see how bad the rosters of UCLA/Stanford/Cal in next years game.

20. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I might go with a trio: Georgia, LSU or Penn State.

21. Papa Perry

We havent brought this up in a while but I was gonna let you guys know that if Roman Ceasar doesn't do rosters this year I am thinking of doing them. Anyone willing to help pm me. Also just to help with the process other than naming them I'll make edits to other players so if you guys could send me some roster templates after spring practice (for teams who are pretty much set in stone) that would be awesome

22. BDSDIGITAL

Wow really. Actually I think you would do a good job on them. I know others have tried and most have failed.

23. Papa Perry

As long as you have the team templates and as long as EA doesn't totally FUBAR the rosters it's quite easy to do. I did my own the season before last (didn't have XBL) and it took me about a week to name them without any changes. It would work better if I could get an early release copy but my 2 shopping options around here are Walmart and Gamestop. Hopefully they will have the Team Builder early again this year that way I will know who to change position wise after they are named.

24. Dru50

I'd be willing to help Papa if it will get us rolling quicker. I would likely just take whatever information is available online about whatever teams you'd want me to work on.

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I should be able to help as well, though I've never attempted anything like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.