Future of FIFA...

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by The Richuation, Sep 26, 2012.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  2. hedache

hedache Walk On

You will never get a CCM in your lifetime. Have you read the article? It wasn't what I expected at all. But when I read it, it made sense that it was what it was. Complete business trap.

My naive crazy mind was thinking, oh they'll analyze game data, your tendencies in a game, like taking money finesse shots, moving the ball to the wings and crossing, etc. And adapt the CPU to cover areas like that more so than others or something. Make it think like human as much as possible. But no, it was just business analysis on how they can make people spend more money on FUT packs and season tickets and such.

And CCM can't make money for them as much as FUT would. Unless they figure out a system, like CBS fantasy football. If I'm not mistaken, at least I'm under that impression, you have to pay a fee to set up your fantasy league. If you had to pay a fee to run an online league. And then they could sell boost packs to serve you in your online career mode (like stadium upgrades, advertising campaign card to increase revenues from ticket sales, you name it). Then it kinda becomes a money making machine. Well ofcourse, we don't know how many people would be interested in this. But with the right structure, people can be sucked into this a lot better than FUT I think. Especially in Europe if not in the US since Americans have less knowledge and interest about the main structure of European Football.

RynoAid is a gamechanger isn't he. Maybe he can take these ideas and sell them to his bosses. He can move up the ladder with my brilliant ideas while I rot here in these forums :D Story of my life. Or more likely, he can be like "this idiot is spitting stupid ideas again" and never come back to this thread.

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Oh i read it... It made me sad.

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

It was a rhetorical question. Are you impressed with my language skills there? I donno where that came from.

5. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

sadly I fell for it too...it's looking real grim for an CCM in FIFA at this point, unless, like you said, they figure out a way to make money off it

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Ever think that perhaps one of the reasons there is no CCM in FIFA is because it would take a HUGE infrastructure to support it?

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I know nothing about programming... But would it be on the level with NCAA?

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Way, way, way, way bigger. FIFA is EA's #1 selling game and you guys play all year.

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

I'm all about taking part in creating that infrastructure. It is huge but if you plan it smart it can be dealt with. If FUT is what it is, and CM has the structure already that's running offline, I think it can be merged to a CCM.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You understand the logistics behind hosting that many people online. I would imagine it would be an order of magnitude bigger than Madden online.

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Nonetheless, I am quietly protesting by not paying for the online pass on my gamefly.com rental of FIFA13.

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

I think FUT is way way bigger. You can partition the CCM a lot easier. Imagine how in FUT everyone is involved with everyone basically when it comes to trading and selling and such. CCM is small groups of people in their own worlds. I think the bigger constraint is that they don't see it as the money maker at the moment.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When I image the data structures required to do both, I think that a CCM instance is far wider in scope. The interoperablility isn't a storage problem, it's a code problem.

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

If that's what's keeping u from the leagues I have an extra online pass just for u my friend

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Thanks my man, but I'm going to stay offline this time around.