Future of RS

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, Apr 3, 2013.

1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

[​IMG]

Guys, I just want to address the league and share some words on how we will proceed until the next title release. I plan on running this league in it's current format for the entire summer and straight into M25. If my day counting is correct, we can squeeze 3, MAYBE 4 more seasons out before the next game drops. That includes a week or 2 off to cool down before we start 25. This would be ideal.

I am aware however, that Summer is approaching. With the nice weather and football being out of season, there tends to be a lot of people dropping Madden this time of year. If you look around the site, ALL the leagues are losing members. However, I am not going anywhere and will commish this thing till the wheels fall off. Ideally, I would like to stay at or above 24 users to keep 1 CPU team in each division. We do have a fast advance pace in this league, but really 1 hour of Madden is not that much. I am married with 2 young children, a full-time job, play in an inter-mural sports league, hit the gym regularly, and commish this league, yet I can still find the time to play my games. So if I can find the time, you can too I'm sure. Of course we all take vacations, and need to be away from the XBOX for a couple of days, so that is what AP is for. If you plan and schedule with your opponents in a timely, it is VERY EASY to get your game played every week.

So I am looking to see who is in this league for the long haul. I need to know who will be dedicated to this league till the end. I am asking this because I do not want to spend my precious time chasing guys down to schedule games, and post summaries, and shit. We are all adults and I am no one's baby sitter. If you are going to just go M.I.A. on the league, just drop out now and give me the respect of telling me straight up. Don't just stop getting on the forums and quit being active.

Now for those of you who are dedicated, and solid owners in this league. As I said, I will promise you that I will stay here till the end. I love football, and the chess match involved. I love competing in this league and love the guys in it. So I am not going anywhere. So to those of you who are staying, I am asking a favor. Please stay active and diligent in your scheduling and summaries. Participate in the chat room and stay active in the forums. We have the playoffs coming up, then the funnest time of the year, the off-season. Now that my co-commish is gone, I am looking for a replacement.

I need 3-4 guys who can help with the following tasks:
    • Scheduling, and posting scheduling threads with the match-ups every advance
    • Summaries and make sure teams are posting them
    • Waiver Wire
    • Off-Season Tasks: Keeping track of FA signings and Draft picks
    Anyone who is interested let me know via PM.
    Also, I need you all to help with recruiting. As I said,m I just would be happy staying above 24, but more is always better. We need quality guys in here who play good football, and are dedicated. There are guys who have already brought great owners into the league like, Craig Brown, AwaLL, mmorgan184, so I thank you guys.
    Please respond to this thread so I know you have read it. Thanks again guys, and am excited to continue the league with you all! RS is a blast!

Boman5 - HOU
    Crowe - JAX
    Papa Perry - IND
    oneshot24 - NE
    whatspeakyou - NYJ
    AwaLL - MIA
    nellycuz - PIT
    mmorgan184 - CLE
    Snake Eyez - CIN
    zhoov45 - BAL
    Aspect1 - OAK
    AWinkler02 - DEN
    kylefergy3 - KC
    T.B.A.R. - SD
    SmashMouthFB33 - DAL
    The Rulah - WAS
    Craig Brown - PHI
    nicknick68 - NYG
    PantherKing1983 - CAR
    jay2149 - ATL
    Coachmedicis - NO
    Chief9 - TB
    Anthrax78 - SF
    xassassin4lifex - STL
    Will Atkinson - SEA
    RRAHx2 - ARI
    GDip - CHI
    ConiglioSG - MIN
    Elemnt - DET

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

Love this league and how you operate things!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Ill stick around and stay active until break.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GDip

GDip Walk On

I'll be here, looking forward to staying around for 25 as well

• Like Like x 1
  5. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Im staying here through madden 25

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

I'm def in

• Like Like x 1
  7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'm in it to win it, have had last couple games simmed due to no responses from my opponents...

• Like Like x 1
  8. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Im in this league till madden 25, and im here for that as well. Love this league, the people in it, and the way things are run around here. The best league around by far.

• Like Like x 3
  9. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

I am with you guys Win or Tie....:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I can track the scheduling and game summaries if you give me the admin for the Maddendaddy site so I can update it whenever we advance. It'll be easier for me to quickly access who needs to post summaries and who needs to schedule with who.

11. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

By the way we have a hell of a race for a couple of playoff spots in the NFC!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

I'm still in it dispite a terrible year

• Like Like x 1
  13. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

It happens to the best of us man.. plus you lost some good guys this off-season including Matty.

14. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

man my Qb play has Sucked bad i'm doing quarterback by committee

15. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

You should focus on developing Rancour, guy has Superstar potential and we have about 3 seasons left probably. He is just a less accurate version of Matt Ryan right now.

16. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

i believe in you morgan just hope i dont get fired believing in Rancour

17. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

RRAHx2

I'll be up front...I can't tell you until late tomorrow night. A couple of weeks ago I joined an independent softball team. We won't get our schedule until after the preseason tournament championship tomorrow night but there has been rumors of 4 games a week due to us having 16 teams this year when we've previously only had around 8. If that's true all I'm going to be is a scheduling burden and I'll feel obligated to drop.

18. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I plan on sticking around.

Back in December I was in four CCs (including this one)... this is the only one I stuck with because it's still fun, it's run well, it moves fast enough to keep me interested, and I get to run with my favorite team. :)

So yeah, I've slacked on summaries this year and I don't get on Skype, but I've managed my team every bit of the way and I'd like to not only stay through the life cycle of this year's game.. but I'm already looking forward to being here again for M25.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SmashMouthFB33

SmashMouthFB33 Walk On

I too have struggled with summaries. I will attempt to do a better job

• Like Like x 1
  20. nicknick68

nicknick68 Walk On

I'm in love this league

• Like Like x 1
  21. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

Let's do it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Will Atkinson

Will Atkinson Walk On

I'll be remaining as the proverbial whipping post of the NFC West!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Im in for the long haul, we have a good thing here!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Love this league can't wait.

• Like Like x 1
  25. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Glad madden 25 will most likely have fatigue, that will fix a lot of flaws in this game imo