FYI - Rule Edit

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Previously, our rule stated: "If one team is ahead by at least 7 points and at least one quarter has been played, the game shall be restarted assuming that the score and time remaining is the same as if the disconnect had not happened.

I have since ommited the restriction for "at least one quarter being played". Just wanted to let everyone know, this will hopfully help eliminate some confusion. Basically, if you are up by at least 7 points and a disconnect occurs, the game is restarted assuming you are up and you play the remaining time. If it is less than 7, refer the rules.

• Disconnects: If one team is ahead by at least 7 points, the game shall be restarted assuming that the score and time remaining is the same as if the disconnect had not happened. For example, Team A is ahead 7-0 early in the second quarter when the disconnect occurs. The game should be restarted, and Team B is assumed to be behind by 7 points with however much time was remaining. This rule should be followed as closely as possible. For instance if it is a 7 point lead with 3 minutes remaining in the third quarter, you should restart the game assuming one team has a 7-point lead and play ONE quarter and 3 additional minutes into the second quarter.
      • The winning team will finish the game vs the CPU and the other will drop. If by chance there is a tie after the game would be "over" play out the entire rest of the game as "overtime."
      • If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with less than 2 quarters played, the game will be restarted from the beginning.
      • If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with at least a half played, the game will be restarted in accordance with the first example.

2. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

C Young we'll still replay our game from the start at 0-0.

3. C Young

C Young Walk On

Cool, lets pray for no disconnects lol

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Sweet so I followed protocol with me and gwills disconnect. That's what I thought the rule was