FYI - Skill Level and Subs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 25, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

FYI - Skill Level and Subs

Just wanted to let you guys know about two hot button issues that the OMFLBoard is discussing right now.

Skill Level - A lot of leagues are swapping to ALL MADDEN, but it has its own set of issues and doesn't necessarily 'fix' the 'easy' score issues that we have with ALL PRO. So we have decided to watch how some of the other leagues are doing and to try this out during the Toliet Bowl this up coming post season. If it works out, next season we will swap; if not, then we won't.

Subs - Looks like, within the next few days, we will announce our 'system' for playing sub games and CPU games. It looks like we will NOT be allowing any more CPU games. We have discussed a few different options, and will be announcing our decision here shortly!

Game on!

OMFL4LIFE ~Nate

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was just to ask about an All Madden switch. Or reiterate sportsmanship, 50 point games every week is very unrealistic. I think somebody hung 69 on the Chiefs or Rams last year. If I was coaching 'em I probably would of been pissed. Hopefully we make the switch, I enjoy All Madden. All Madden makes you "work" more on the sticks instead of the CPU "covering" for you. Plus the defense will react to those "money" plays sooner.

3. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I agree really hope we switch to all madden..It will make the offense mind of people work harder and cut down on money plays

4. natedawg212000

what upsets me here is this league plays 90% zone, which imo is cheap and easy. In ALL MADDEN everyone plays as super human and swapping to ALL MADDEN will greatly increase the separation between good and bad players. If someone hung 60 on a bad team last year, it will be 100 when we swap to ALL MADDEN because it will greatly increase between good and bad players. IMO the game is flawed badly on ALL MADDEN and does some really stupid things and makes every single player super human. Zone defensives will be almost unbeatable unless you have a 90s qb. I am not saying we WONT do it, but we are discussing it.

5. natedawg212000

btw, it WONT cut down on money plays, it will just CHANGE the money plays. It's madden, nothing except good sim player will cut down on money plays.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nate, you should of just put this out here for us non board members to discuss. It would of gave the board a better overall view of how the league felt as a whole. Made it easier for the board to vote yes or no. Unless the OMFL is built on Communism, lol jk.

7. natedawg212000

8. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

I think the switch is bad idea players that have low raiting become super stars and crazy reactions by LB and DBS for picks

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think they react just fine (this is my first time in life playing on a setting other than All Madden) so I guess its personal opinion. Either way I'm playing. Maybe in Madden11 ppl would want to play "Big Boy" rules

10. joseph201105

All the big time online franchises use All-pro I have played in a league that was all-madden and u had guys that had 40 catch rattings picking of 7 balls a season that is just not realistic

11. natedawg212000

ive played madden for 10 years online and have NEVER played in any ALL MADDEN league, so please lose the 'big boy' rules comment. It makes every player a super star and will greatly hurt the lesser players of this league while the big boys in the league will be better than ever. The game has been proved by videos that its buggy on ALL MADDEN and does funky things. We are going to play the toilet bowl this offseason with ALL MADDEN and see how things go and make the decision there. BTW, this is the league discussion for the rule, so i am not sure where the comment came from either. I dont remember you being this against the grain the last time you were here, maybe I should have ;)

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Most ints are user controlled. All you do is click and hit triangle, when you manually catch the int/catch is "easier". Argument denied. lol. Most league leaders in ints arent the best in the league. Their the guys getting picked on, so 7 is a realistic (or possible) number. Plus ratings are dumbed down so its not like completely sucks.

But whateva...

13. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah in another franchise I play in we started out playing All Madden and it was absolutely stupid how many turnovers there were. I mean literally you could not throw even near the worst corner or he would intercept and crazy amounts of fumbles, it was not very realistic. I personally would say stick to the All Pro.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Erased my original comments. Really not going to get worked up over video games.

PM SENT

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

1.Every year I get Madden and put it on all-madden level from the second I get it. Thats just the way me and my friends play when we go head to head.

2.One of my boys who now plays on all-madden used to play me on pro level. his reason for that was the game came on that level. he also said that it makes u a better user since the cpu players suck so much that it makes u switch to make the plays.

3.since i also play ranked games online i actually kinda like the fact we play on the same level so that i can run plays in both league and ranked and know the timing is the same. to me all that changes with these different user levels is timing and how much u have to switch to make user plays. to me it really doesn't matter what we do because i prefer to make as many plays as possible as a user anyways so that pretty much takes the cpu out of the equation. zone can be shredded. man can be shredded.

4.in MEGA we are probably going to all-madden which i am in favor of because we cannot move anybody pre-snap. in this league we have the ability to move not only 1 guy, but 2 so i dont think the all pro level is as bad as it seems.

5.let the cards fall where they may.

16. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

You haven't even made it in the "OMFL Big Boy League" to be worrying about "Big Boy" rules.

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

ooooh whats the Madden Big Boy League ;)

18. natedawg212000

No one getting worked up, its a discussion, but you can't hate on ppl for having their thoughts. We are going to give it a try out and see what the owners think.

19. natedawg212000

the owners will have a huge say so in this issue.

20. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

i guess we will just have to play with it an see

21. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I say stick with all-pro because like trude said its the way ranked games are played. If I go practice online I know what im dealing with in the franchise.

Now I understand the movement and reaction speed of the defense causes less room of error but significant practice will help users.

Now I will still lose only lose 1-2 games a season either way but my preference is all-pro. Man defense is flawed in this game so to complain about zone is ridiculous. Hopefully madden 11 will fix these issues but until then I say we stay at all-pro.

22. natedawg212000

I'll agree to disagree Mustang. I run about 60/40 man over zone and I have no issues with it. I think its an easy cop out to say you can only run zone.

23. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

i agree with mustang that man is flawed... If someone runs man defense you can just audible to a crossing route and win EVERY time... it doesn't matter if you have Revis covering Dookie Dookenstien, if you run a crossing route he will get open.... I still play a bit of man to play by the rules but i prefer zone because you can actually put people in areas where you are getting killed.... Man coverage is good in certain situations however, i usually get my interceptions while playing man, but also give up a good bit of my TD's....

24. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

If it matters at all, imo all-pro is the way to go.

25. joseph201105

I guess we should set up a poll and have it up for a week and see what people think