G-Unit's Annual Cream of Crop Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, May 2, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

G-Unit's Annual Cream of Crop Power Rankings

[​IMG]

CREAM OF THE CROP LEAGUE USER TEAM POWER RANKINGS

(THRU WEEK 7)

***I want to see everyones conference match-up predictions and winners below this post***

[​IMG]

1. Florida State #2(7-0) Coach Runthepound and his Seminoles are still undefeated since he took over last season as FSU Coach. Will anyone beat this loaded team and powerhouse? Can Coach Dean and his Gators do it in the swamp? We'll see!! The Seminoles are the #2 offense in the country and have a 100% red zone percentage, but suprisingly are the #114 total defense also.

Key Wins------@Penn State
    -----vs Miami

[​IMG]

2. Florida (7-0) #1 Coach Dean and his Gators are on a tear similar to his National Championship run a couple seasons ago. With the #3 offense in the country that can score from anywhere on the field...the Gators are going to be tough to stop. A MEGA CoC match-up should be happenening in several weeks long as the football God's allow when they host Coach RTP and his Florida State Seminoles.

Key Wins-------@Tennessee
    -------@LSU

Upcoming------vs Georgia
    ------vs Florida State

[​IMG]

3. Michigan (5-0) #3The Wolverines the past four years are a team that has dazzled early in the year, but faultered late in the season, especially in BCS Bowl Games. Michigan is the Nations top rushing team in the country also led by QB Kerr. Can Michigan take back the Big Ten also from Ohio State?

Key Wins-------@Miami
    -------vs Wisconsin

Upcoming------@Penn State
    -------@Ohio State

[​IMG]

4. LSU (5-1) #6 Coach Shadows Tigers took a tough loss at all place Death Valley versus Florida. They will need to rebound quickly and get their minds right again for tough SEC opponent Tennessee in a few weeks. LSU still can make ammends by getting by in the SEC Champ and seeing Florida again. Many people inside and outside of LSU believe Coach Shadow made a big mistake letting "Hard Knocks" on Campus and has been a tremendous distraction on the team. LSU has the #2 pass offense in the country also.

Key Wins-------@Ohio State

Key Losses-----vs Florida

Upcoming------@Tennessee
    ------@Miami

[​IMG]

5. Georgia Tech (5-0) #4 The Yellow Jackets again have gotten off to a good start. Things were slow offensively the first few weeks, but the "O" has been ramped up the past few weeks in big wins including vs Tennessee. The defense has really stepped up this year w/the #29 overall total defense and #2 run "D". Big game this week with Coach JCA and his Miami Hurricanes.

Key Wins-------vs Tennesse

Upcoming------@Miami
    ------vs NC State
    ------vs Georgia
    ------@Hawaii

[​IMG]

6. NC State (5-1) #20 This is probably a controversial spot, but I have my reasons....NC State seems to have gotten their offense rollin and got a big forst win early in the year for Coach Tide versus Georgia. Rumor on the street is Coach Tide will be moving to a Triple Option attack in the offseason. NC State has been very efficent on third downs with a 57% conversion rate.

Key Wins-------@ Georgia 31-21

Key Losses-----vs Wisconsin 21-14

Upcoming------@Florida State
    ------@Georgia Tech
    ------vs #5 Utah

[​IMG]

7. Miami (4-2) #18 Coach JCA’s Hurricanes have a chance to really move up the AP Polls and in the ACC if they can get a win tonight in a prime-time game versus GA Tech. QB Darrell Marquardt has been stellar leading this young Hurricane team and the arrow is pointing up. Miami is #1 in the country with a 63% 3rd down conversion rate on offense.

Key Wins-------None ATM

Key Losses-----vs Michigan 31-27
    -----vs Florida State 35-24

Upcoming------vs Georgia Tech
    -------vs LSU

[​IMG]

8. Wisconsin (4-2) #21
    This time last year the Badgers were 4-4 overall and really had some tough losses. This season Coach Tuco's Badgers seem more seasoned even after two really heart breaking losses to Tennesse and Michigan in the final seconds. But Wisconsin is rallying and really has a chance to stir things up in the top 25 and Big 10 conference still. The Badgers also have the #12 rush offense in the country.

Key Wins-------@ NC State 21-14

Key Losses-----vs Tennessee 35-32
    -----vs Michigan 24-21

Upcoming------@Notre Dame
    ------vs Penn State
    ------@#10 Iowa

[​IMG]

9. Tennessee (4-2) #15 Tennesse is coming off a tough loss on the road to Georgia Tech. But Tennessee can still cause alot of damage in the SEC with a upset win over LSU, which in turn would put them in the SEC Championship........

Key Wins-------@Wisconsin 35-32

Key Losses-----vs Florida 20-14
    -----@Georgia Tech 28-11

Upcoming------vs LSU

[​IMG]

10. Ohio State (4-2) #7 The Buckeyes have really made a nice turnaround on the season after really struggling the first few weeks of the season. But with Coach JFunk's never die attitude...I knew this embattled team would fight back with fury. It will be intresting to see if the Buckeyes can protect their Big 10 Title vs Michigan. Of they do, it will be HUGE!! The Buckeyes have the #9 Rush offense, but unfortunatley are #118 in turnover differential.

Key Wins-------@Penn State 17-7

Key Losses-----@LSU 28-0
    -----vs Georgia 41-34

Upcoming------vs Michigan

[​IMG]

11. Georgia (4-2) #22 Coach Jig and his Bulldogs really seemed to have things rollin until they went to Alabama and took a tough loss. Like Tennessee, Georgia could really throw a kink in the SEC with an upset victory over Florida in a few weeks. The Bulldogs have the #3 passing offense in the country. There defense is really struggling though ranked #118 overall.

Key Wins-------@OSU 41-34

Key Losses-----vs NC State 31-21
    -----@Alabama

Upcoming------vs Florida
    ------@Georgia Tech

[​IMG]

12. Penn State (4-2) #9If you would have asked me at the begining of the year if Penn State would have two losses at the mid-point of the season I would have probably called you crazy. But they do, but they have had a tough schedule also. It was also suprising to many that the Nittany Lions didnt beat OSU this year, but thats why they play the game. But Penn State can still cause havoc with two remaining Big 10 games with Michigan and Wisconsin. The Lions have the #2 rush offense in the country.

Key Wins-------None ATM

Key Losses-----vs FSU 27-17
    -----@OSU 17-7

Upcoming------vs Michigan
    ------@Wisconsin

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

This is what we pay you for Unit. Good work son! I can only hope me and Dean are both undefeated when our match up rolls around. I still have a game against the upset minded Mr. Tide that should prove to be a tough game.

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job G-Unit, I always enjoy seeing your Power Rankings.

4. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Good post...that bama lost sent shock waves through the entire campus..hopefully we can pull off a upset against the gators or tech..can't wait to see the results of the noles/gators

5. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Great post (as usual)

If everything holds according to form, National championship- Michigan vs. Florida/Florida State winner

6. Iron Mickey

Here are my predictions:

ACC-Florida State
    Big Ten-Ohio State
    SEC-Florida

National Championship.......Florida State over Utah

7. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Sorry, I forgot to give my picks.

ACC - FSU
    SEC - LSU
    Big 10 - Michigan

8. Iron Mickey

Come on guys....give your predicitons

9. Dean

Dean Walk On

Good stuff as usual

SEC-Florida
    ACC- Georgia Tech
    Big 10- Michigan

10. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

ACC- Florida State

Big Ten- Michigan

SEC- LSU

National Championship- Michigan over Florida State

11. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Great job G, I wouldn't have the Wolverines that high though, we were lucky to win both user games to this point

12. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

ACC- FSU
    Big Ten- Michigan
    SEC- LSU
    National Champion- FSU

13. Iron Mickey

Plenty of guys that have not responded....

Let's get some talk goin.....I want to see some bold predictions and statements made.

Noknee? You die off man? Havent heard or seen anything from you man

Shadow....whats up man? You havent said a thing since your loss to Dean (FLA). This is a first that I have not seen u have a bold opinion...Did Dean break your will/confidence? lol

14. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

The Dawgs are looking to make an apperance in the SECOND Championship game

15. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Hood- from what I have seen, that is your M.O., Michigan finds a way to way to get it done late in games.

Conferences
    SEC- Florida
    ACC- FSU
    Big Ten- Michigan

NC- Florida over Michigan

16. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

Good post "G" but I dont know about my 6th spot man, your putting a lot of pressure on me man.

SEC:Florida
    Big Ten: Michigan
    ACC: Georgia Tech
    National Championship: Georgia Tech over Michigan