G-Unit's Cream of the Crop User Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

G-Unit's Cream of the Crop User Power Rankings

[​IMG]

CREAM OF THE CROP LEAGUE USER TEAM POWER RANKINGS

(THRU WEEK 9)

***I want to see everyones conference match-up predictions and winners below this post***

[​IMG]

1. Florida State (9-0) Coach Runthepound and his #3 Seminoles have taken the Country & the ACC by storm. Coach RTP whipped Wisconsin, beat Georgia Tech by 10, and Miami defeated handily also. FSU has a big game in week 10 versus #22 NC State and New Ball Coach MisterTIDE. Other big news for the Noles is Star QB Steve Moore is out 4-weeks with a torn abdominal muscle. This is a critical blow for FSU as they are a HEAVY passing offense with timing type offensive scheme. I will stand by the Noles though and predict a 14-point victory over NC State. I don’t see Coach Dean’s Gators beating this FSU ball club either with a healthy Moore back in the line-up. I have this team winning the ACC and the National Championship. Pressure is on, the way Coach Runthepound likes it.

[​IMG]

2. Michigan (8-0) The Wolverines have lived inside the Top 5 for the past three seasons and have taken part as the runner-up in two National Championships in that time span also. So the big question coming out of Ann-Harbor is when are we going to win the Big One here? Well I got bad news for all you Big Blue fans….while I predict Michigan to beat Ohio State…AGAIN this year and go to the National Championship. The Wolverines are going to lose for the 3rd time in the National Championship in Coach Hood’s excellent career. That’s right; Coach Hood and his speedy vaunted triple-option attack led by Kerr make it back to the title game, but fall short against FSU.

[​IMG]

3. Ohio State (8-0) I know a lot of Buckeye fans are probably calling me a lot of bad names. But let’s be honest here….the truth sometimes hurts. And Coach Jfunk and his Buckeyes have been butt-hurt by Coach Hood and the Big Blue of Michigan year after year as OSU cannot get past the Wolverines. Though OSU has some very nice wins over Miami, LSU, and Penn State and is the current #1 Ranked team in the country. I am just not sold on the Buckeyes to hold on and stave off the Wolverines. This team is solid from head-to-toe though and Buckeye QB Sam Bailey is highly underrated as a Qb in the Country.

[​IMG]

4. Florida (7-1) Coach Dean and his Gators have been riding a high of wins for several years and a national Championship. But things came to an abrupt halt last night when the Georgia Bulldogs created the biggest upset of the year and quite possibly in Cream of the Crop history defeating the Gators 38-35 on a last second TD pass. Things wont get any easier for Coach Dean as he will also have to match-up with Coach RTP’s Noles and face the ill willed, Coach Shadow-led LSU Tigers also in the SEC Championship more than likely.

[​IMG]

5. LSU (6-2) Coach Shadows Tigers had “high hopes†and aspirations heading into this year and by all accounts can still capture them even though the Tigers have two-losses on the year. True Freshman Pennington will be the key and if the Tigers can defeat Coach NoKnee’s Tennessee ball club next week they will be heading back to the SEC Championship for a rematch versus the Florida Gators.

[​IMG]

6. Tennessee (6-2) Very similar story for the Vols with the LSU Tigers stated above. A win next week put’s Tenn in the drivers seats for a spot in the SEC Championship and keeps them alive also for an outside shot at the NC Title game. Big, big game next week between these two programs. UT Tailback Mitchell Stewart will need a big time career game I believe, along with WR Chris Douglas in order to defeat the LSU Tigers.

[​IMG]

7. Penn State (5-2) Coach King is in his second year of building his powerhouse program to an elite, true triple option attack. He has recruited the players and has begun to fill those spots that have held him back the past year. With an even better recruiting class and recruits developing for next season. Expect the Nittany Lions to be a National Contender. For this year, PSU has some tough losses to Michigan and OSU. Almost knocking off OSU, only losing 28-24. This program is on the up and up.

[​IMG]

8. Georgia (3-5) Some outsiders might find this ranking for Georgia offensive…but this football program in one week made leaps and bounds as in comparison to what Coach Daplaymaker did in a season and a half. By defeating the defending National Champion Gators 38-35 last week, The Univ. of Georgia has let the country know their back and a force to be reckoned with. This is a young Bulldog team with not much winning, or Bowl experience in the past 4-years. That could be changing as the Bulldogs only need to win 3 more games to become bowl eligible. Depending on how well the Bulldogs do in their recruiting class this year, they could be potentially a 10-win football program by next year. They sure as hell have caught the attention of the cross-town rivals Georgia Tech. Stay Tuned.

[​IMG]

9. Georgia Tech (6-2) Though the Jackets have had disappointing losses early this year to the Florida Gators at home and Florida State on the road. Much like LSU and Tennessee, the Yellow Jackets have a chance to make amends on this season if they can hold onto the ACC-Coastal Division for the second straight year and go to the ACC Championship game. Barring an upset with NC State defeating FSU, GT could potentially play FSU in a rematch of this year’s 10-point loss down in Tallahassee. Peter Bradley, and Xavier Fitzpatrick have not won an ACC Title during their great four-year tenure together at Tech. If it’s going to happen, Tech will need to play the way they did two weeks ago versus Miami to have a chance.

[​IMG]

10. Miami (6-3) Coach JCA’s Hurricanes have been rebuilding since their magical National Championship run two years ago. Young and athletic Qb Darrell Marquardt is the future of the program and is going to be tough to stop in the next coming seasons. On top of that, The “U†has two large and physical specimens at WR with John Bennett and Austin Copeland. Bennett is at a towering 6’7†tall. Miami had a tough close lost to a Veteran filled Georgia Tech team, and also was just outgunned in a lost to FSU ball club.

[​IMG]

11. Wisconsin (4-4)
    The Badgers have been a tough team to gauge. With the tandem of QB James and Tailback Chris Young I expected the Badgers to be a bit more explosive offensively. Coach Tuco’s Badgers have squeaked out some tough games in 2014, but the Badger defensive has been quite impressive coming up with some major season saving Big Ten stops this year versus the likes of Notre Dame and Northwestern. I figured with the great young recruiting classes Coach Tuco has brought in the past two years they would be competing with the likes of Michigan and Ohio State this year. But maybe 2015 will be the year they compete for their first Big Ten Title in Coach Tuco’s career.

[​IMG]

12. NC State (6-3) The Wolfpack had a devasting blow occur to their football program two days ago when Coach Trude got up and walked out on his ball club in the middle of the season. According to NC States Athletic Director Lee Fowler, he said Coach Trude walked right in his office and quit Monday, and then walked out. Things were looking so promising for the Pack after Coach Trude took over two years ago. Now the Wolfpack is trying to rebound mid-season and AD Lee Fowler is doing it in questionable fashion Hiring Coach MisterTide from the AAAAA-High School (Rayburn High) Ranks instead of promoting current defensive coordinator Rex Langer. Coach Tide has inherited a young, but talented ball club. The traditional offense also that was implemented by Coach Trude is not similar to the spread attack Coach Tide runs. So there will be a definite adjustment period from this point on thru the off-season. Rumor is Coach Tide has pulled “several†scholly offers & promises that were currently made by the previous regime. After a tough loss to Tennessee last week, NC State will have their hands full in week 10 trying to defeat the undefeated Florida State Seminoles. If the pack were to pull the upset off, it would be one of the biggest in the schools history and would set them on track for the ACC-Atlantic Division. The pack will need big plays from standout tailback David Hunt and Freshman QB Anthony Bell.

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Man that is a heck of a write up! Great Job G Unit!

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

I think your rankings are spot on. Looks like we will have a playoff of sorts this season. Michigan/Ohio State winner vs Florida/Florida State winner for all the marbles.

My predictions
    Big Ten- Ohio State
    ACC- Florida State
    SEC- Florida

BCS championship- FSU over OSU

4. runthepound

oh and I am calling BS on the modesty you have for GT. You know them Yellow Jackets should be ranked higher than that.

5. runthepound

Conference Predictions

ACC- FSU
    SEC- UF
    Big Ten- Michigan

6. Iron Mickey

lol...I try to be more tough on my team.

7. Iron Mickey

ACC-FSU
    Big Ten-Michigan
    SEC-LSU

8. Iron Mickey

**BUMP**

9. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Nice writeup. My only losses were against FLA and OSU, and i had a 10 point lead in each. Sucks but that's what it is. I can't wait for the tenn game, always a fun one.

10. Iron Mickey

whats your conference predictions?

11. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Michigan, LSU, FSU win the conferences imo... but it's obviously very close.

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

ACC- Florida State
    Big 10- Ohio State
    SEC-Florida

National Championship- Florida State over Ohio State

13. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Awesome write up, GT should be higher though and you know it.

ACC- Florida State
    Big Ten- Michigan
    SEC- Florida

Nat'l Title- Michigan vs. Florida State

14. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Fuck me! I quit if I don't beat Hood this year....

Okay I'm bluffing. I fully expect Michigan to win the Big 10 again this year. But it should be a great game as always.

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

ACC-FSU
    SEC-Florida
    Big Ten-Ohio State

By the way, I was as impressed as anyone with Drow's win over the Unstoppable Dean and his Gators, but my Rebuilding Canes did beat his Bulldogs in Athens this year. We were even up 23-0 at one point. It's ok though, you can kick us while we're down, give me another year or two and we'll be raising another Crystal Ball on South Beach!

16. Iron Mickey

good point JCA. I forgot about that actually...lol

17. Noknee

Noknee Walk On

Good rundown although I think my Tennessee team is too high at #6, should be down closer to #9.

18. Dean

Dean Walk On

ACC- FSU
    Big Ten- Ohio St.
    SEC- Florida

NC- Ohio St vs ???

19. MisterTIDE51

MisterTIDE51 Walk On

ACC-FSU
    Big Ten-Michigan
    SEC-Florida

20. Iron Mickey

Bout time you joined in you bastard

21. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Well his opinion means exactly dick.