G-Unit's Power Rankings (Thru Week 10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

G-Unit's Power Rankings (Thru Week 10)

[​IMG]

(THRU WEEK 10)

Icon Legend:
    Icon Meaning
    [​IMG] Dangerously Hot Team
    [​IMG] Stock Up
    [​IMG] Stock Down
    [​IMG] Neutral/Idle
    [​IMG] Steady
    [​IMG] Team on Upset watch

RANK TEAM RECORD BCS Ranking STATUS COMMENTS
    1. [​IMG] (10-0) #1 [​IMG] The Alabama Crimson Tide are bar-none the most talented team in the country by far standards. And they have shown it defeating opponents left & right. They have logged 3 complete shut-outs and their closest game to defeat was a 7-point win on the road versus a top 5 team Iowa Hawkeyes. Tailback & Heisman Canidate Trent Richardson has carried the Tide offense all year and makes their One-Back system go. The Tide still have two tough games...one being the Iron Bowl down at Auburn in week 12 and potentially the SEC Championship versus UGA. While saying all those nice things about Alabama and their season so far...if they falter down the line and do not go to the National Championship, Coach Funk is going to have a very upset fan base. Last year the Tide disappointed with a epic loss to South Carolina and it ruined their NC run. Last season they were the most talented team in the country also, so the pressure is on to win, & win National Championships in Tuscaloosa, not just SEC Championships.
    2. [​IMG] (9-0) #2 [​IMG] Looks like Coach Tuco & his Sooners are living up to the pre-season hype of National Contender as the #2 team in the country. The Sooners still have two huge ball games before they can start booking airfare for the '11 NC. The Sooners will play host to Coach RTP's Tar Heels in week 13, a team that beat him last year. Then they will face the Missouri Tigers more than likely once again in the Big 12 Champ ship, a team they iced in the final seconds in route to a hard-earned win. If Coach Tuco and his ball club can fight thru these final games unscathed, they will deservingly so represent the Big 12 in the National Championship. One concerning thing bout the Sooner is their pass offense which QB Landry Jones is a career low in passing with only 10/6 TD-Interception Ratio.
    3. [​IMG] (9-1) #4 [​IMG] The Hurricanes looked like they were on the same level with Alabama earlier in the year knocking Conference opponents out of their socks including several shut-outs. But the Canes hit a road-bump when they dropped a game to the speedy Noles earlier in the year. But after a HUGE week 9 win over the Tar Heels the Hurricanes seem to be back to form and ready to make a final push for the 2011 National Title. It's amazing what they have accomplished as a team so far with the disappointing play of Qb Jacory Harris who has a 8/13 TD-Interption Ratio on the year.
    4. [​IMG] (8-1) #14 [​IMG] Coach Mizzourah & his Tigers have taken the Big 12 by storm. The Tigers took out the Huskers in week 6 and barely lost to OU the following week in OT. Missouri looks like they will represent the North & get a chance at revenge versus OU in the Title game. WR Jerral Jackson has been the leader on offense leading the team with 8 TD's. Coach Mizzourah has been excellent getting this team where they are with a Non-Elite roster.
    5. [​IMG] (10-0) #6 [​IMG] The Noles made a drastic move during the season and went and hired back former FSU Coach & two-time ACC Champion DrunkenSoldier to revive the program. It took alot of $$$ to lure him back, but it already seems to be paying off as the Noles are 10-0 & about to play in the ACC Champ. On top of that they are #5 in the Country & have a legit outside shot at the National Title game. Coach Drunken will need to beat Miami once again though in order to do so. This should be an epic game for the decade & state of Florida.
    6. [​IMG] (8-1) #8 [​IMG] Oh what could have been......The Georgia Bulldogs were by far the most hyped team in the Country and picked by lot of the media members to win the BCS National Championship. Coach Bamaboiking said his team would never lose another SEC game during his tenure and he already broke his promise less than one year later. The good news is that Bama will get to avenge his conference loss in the SEC Champ this year versus Auburn, the team that worked his ball club a few weeks ago, or the Alabama Crimson Tide. If Georgia can rebound and win the SEC they will be back on top of the world, not to mention a sweet BCS Bowl game.
    7. [​IMG] (8-1) #7 [​IMG] Coach Jerz & his Huskers have been everything that everyone expected here in his first full season. There a pound the rock type team that plays solid defense on the other side. Tailback Rex Burkhead has been running over opponents all season & is a Heisman Candidate. The Husker passing game has to be concerning though and leaves them highly one-dimensional versus elite teams, QB Cody Green really hasn't been efficient on the year with a 13/8 TD-to-Interception Ratio. The Huskers need Mizzou to drop a conference game in order to get back in the Big 12 Champ.
    8. [​IMG] (7-2) #13 [​IMG] I am putting the Alabama Crimson Tide on UPSET ALERT because of this Tiger Team. The Auburn Tigers are roaring right now after battering the former #1 team in the country (UGA). And the defense is the key it seems for the Tigers as in 2010 Coach Dean's aquad was one of the worst defenses in the Country. Two weeks ago they forced 5 Georgia turnovers and have been much more better throughout the season. If Auburn upsets #1 Alabama in a couple weeks....you can go ahead & chalk my vote for the Nation's Coach of the Year award. This team is extremley dangerous & Bama better not overlook them. QB Cam Newton has been a great leader for this team.
    9. [​IMG] (7-2) #9 [​IMG] Coach runthepound is new to having two losses already by week 10. The Tar Heels rocked 2010 all the way to National Champions, but the drop-off in the '11 squad was just too great. The Heels will be back in contention soon as some new young talent develops in the next year or two. This '11 squad too also has a chance to get a BCS at-large bid if they can pull the upset off @Oklahoma later in the year.
    10. [​IMG] (8-2) #10 [​IMG] The Gamecocks surprised everyone in the Country snatching the SEC East Division Title and appearing in the SEC Champ game. This year their were no surprises and no Garcia and you could tell early on in the season in some big-time games. But over the course of the season the Cocks have settled down and picked up their play on offense. With Tailback Marcus Lattimore emerging as a star, and some young recruits this team will be back in the SEC Champ soon.
    11. [​IMG] (4-5) NR [​IMG] Even though the Terps got a down arrow, they could flip that back North with a couple more wins and a Bowl appearance. Coach GSUtiger has shown strong-will and determine-ship with his young ball club. The future is bright for the long-haul with the Terps.
    12. [​IMG] (3-7) NR [​IMG] It's hard to believe this Cowboy team was once Ranked #17 in the Country....WTF happened? This team might be the most unlucky team in the Nation losing a few games on bogus plays in final seconds. But they also played so terrible at times and just couldnt seem to recover all year. This team is 6' foot deep and already rotting for the 2011 season. Pressure will be on to turn things around for the Pokes for 2012 after such a disappointing season.

2. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Nice work G-Unit!

3. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job man. I like the up arrow for my Canes!(y)

4. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

what makes this season great is the user potential story lines.

5. Iron Mickey

very true

6. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

good stuff. I like how in depth you went. I don't know if I have really beaten anyone to deserve 4th but I will take it and hopefully win a Big 12 Championship :)

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

great write up. by the end of the year Maryland will have an UP arrow

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Good work as always G-unit.

9. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG] were not quit dangerous yet, not unless we can win the ACC

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

OKie ST must have the worst luck, when can u strip the HB and he still has time to pick it up himself and run another 40 yds for a TD, G your lucky you have any sticks left because thats worth a throw down

11. Iron Mickey

I know man, it's been a rough year. I can take a loss with the best of em. We will come back stronger next season. I plan on making a couple drastic changes schematically.