G-Unit's Year 1 Power Rankings & Stats

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

G-Unit's Year 1 Power Rankings & Stats

G-Unit's Year 1 Power Rankings

[​IMG]

Coach JFunk & Alabama had a huge suprise loss in week 6 when the Tide was upset 25-24 by South Carolina. I predicted the Tide would rebound & still go to the National Championship and it looks like I am right once again. With no offense to Coach runthepound, Alabama is the best team in the country.....bar none. They will win the National Championship over the North Carolina Tar Heels in 2010. Book it.

Key Stats:
    #1 Rush offense in the NCAA (2,171)
    #1 Total Defense in the NCAA (1,781)
    #7 Pass Defense in the NCAA (1,466)

Suprising Stat:
    #75 in Turnover differential in the NCAA (-1)

[​IMG]

Barring a suprise loss to NC State tonight, North Carolina will be playing Florida State in the ACC Championship & a spot in the BCS National Champ. That's why I am predicting a Alabama/N.Carolina Championship game. The Tar Heels have stuck out their chest and taken out some of the country's top teams (ie: LSU, GT, OU, Rutgers, The "U" & "FSU"). But go ahead and mark this down....North Carolina will fall to the Alabama Crimson Tide. Bama will flat-back the Tar Heels all day in the big game with Ingram & Richardson. With starting QB T.J Yates out the rest of the year, the Heels with have to trust their team with back-up freshmen Bryn Renner and he's just not ready.

Key Stats:
    #10 Pass offense in the NCAA (2,810)
    #13 Total Defense in the NCAA (2,397)
    #5 Rush defense (628)
    #27 Pass defense (1,769)
    #2 Turnover differential (+12)​

[​IMG]

What Coach King_CEPS and his Gamecocks have done in Year 1 is nothing short of miraculous in my opinion. And the way they have done it with a lower-tier defense in the nation is quite suprising. In week 6 they defeated the Alabama Crimson Tide and in week 2 they defeated UGA. With only games remaining versus Army and Clemson, the Gamecocks will be more than likely be seeing Bama again in the SEC Champ. Regardless, S.Carolina is a team on the rise in the SEC.

Key Stats:
    #9 in PPG (35.1)
    #20 in total offense (4,107)
    #4 Pass offense (3,169)

Suprising Stats:
    #79 Total defense (3,309)
    #105 Rush defense (1,294)​

[​IMG]

Even though OU has only one loss, it's really had to determine how good this team is. While dominating early-on in the season, they traveled to UNC and were dismantled & beaten 24-14. Then 4 weeks later beat Colorado, a team there much superior than with a game winning FG. With only games left with Baylor & Oklahoma State, the Sooners should be representing the Big 12 South versus Kansas (suprise, surpise...just ask CU, Neb, and OSU bout that one...). Also keep an eye on OU's passing game which has been suprisingly aweful regarding the talent they have at QB & receiver. Tailback D. Murray seems to be this team's savior offensively.

Key Stats:
    #7 in PPG (35.2)
    #3 Rush offense (2,043)
    #5 Total defense (2,045)
    #4 Rush defense (624)
    #4 Pass defense (1,421)
    #5 Turnover differential (+10)

Suprising Stats:
    #74 in total offense
    #101 in pass offense
    QB Landry Jones 4 TD's & 9 INT's​

[​IMG]

Coach Bamaboiking has been on a tear for the most part.....minus his upset loss to the Gamecocks. When I think UGA....I think "talented", "fast", "well coached", but always seems to be falling short of greatness. With the S.Carolina loss, in 2010 UGA will not be representing the SEC East in the SEC Champ game, which has been quite a suprise, but so is Florida at being 4-6 and on the verge of not going bowling. Regardless, this just shows you how dominate/tuff the SEC is, and one mistake/loss can really cost you down the line. But I have a feeling UGA still sneaks into a BCS at large game somehow. All the Dawgs got left on the reg season schedule is Troy and rival Georgia Tech. If the Dawgs win out, they could be playin in a big January game and I hope they do personally...they deserve it.

Key Stats:
    WR AJ Green-39 rec. 854 yds, 9 TD's
    #3 in PPG (38.3)
    #16 rush offense (1,539)
    #5 in turnover differential (+10)

Suprising Stats:
    #41 total defense

[​IMG]

The Hurricanes roared out the gate only allowing 10 point their first 4 games and looked like they were going to tear thru the 2010 schedule unscathed. But then there was UNC and Coach runthepound...Miami lost to UNC @home 17-7 and Coach JCA has still been unable to unseat RTP in a head-to-head match-up. Following the UNC loss it looks like Miami took Virginia for granted and was upset by the Cav's 28-21. Miami looks to have gotten back on track beating GA.Tech 59-0 with only VT left on the reg season schedule. It will be interesting to see where the Hurricanes end up in bowl week.

Key Stats:
    #7 rush offense (1,787)
    #23 total defense (2,601)

Suprising Stats:
    Jacory Harris 2,148 pass yds, 14 TD's, 14 INT's​

[​IMG]

Coach Dean and his Tigers got off to a stellar 2010 start whipping up on #2 Boise State, and S. Carolina...beginning the season 6-0. But then felt the wrath of Razorback Ryan Mallet and the Hogs losing to Arkansas at home 49-42. The Tigers then lost a tough game to Ole Miss two weeks later 38-20. For the most part the Tigers have had a good start under there new regime and it looks like Alabama will have their hands full once again as the Tigers continue to rise. Look out though....Auburn could really screw things up for the BCS and country if they were to upset Alabama on the road in one week. The Tigers would have to do it without starting QB Cameron Newton who is out the rest of the season maybe with a abdominal tear.

Key Stats:
    #3 in total offense (5,795)
    #5 in pass offense (3,143)
    #10 in rush offense (1,680)

Suprising Stats:
    #120 (last) in total defense (4,164)
    #120 (last) in pass defense (3,119)​

[​IMG]

Nebraksa is another team that got off to a great start only to falter towards the end of the season. Neb started out 8-0 and looked well on their way to the Big 12 Champ until they fell upset to Iowa State on the road 47-27 in which might have been the biggest upset in the 2010 season. Nebraska still has an outside shot at the Big 12 champ but there going to need some luck from Mizzou to beat Kansas and the Nebraska still needs to beat Colorado in their final game.

Key Stats:
    #7 PPG (35.2)

Suprising Stat:
    #55 total defense (3,085)
    #83 pass defense (2,238)​

[​IMG]

Coach Trude has done well with the talent he has to work with at Buffalo. At 6-4 and still a huge road game at Nebraska. The Buff's still have an outside shot at the Big 12 Champ game. Regardless, Coach Trude has the Buff's back in bowl play which is something the Buff's havent seen in recent years. With a solid recruiting class, Colorado will be a team to reckon with from year 2 on. Coach Trude is known for his recruiting abilities and building programs to contenders.

Key Stats:
    Scotty MCKnight/Toney Clemsons duo combine for 69 rec, 1,136 yds, 5 TD's
    CB Jimmy Smith 4 INT's

Suprising Stats:
    #94 in total offense (2,881)
    #87 rush offense (907)
    #88 pass defense (2,286)
    #89 turnover differential (-4)
    Right tackle Bryce Givens has allowed 10 sacks​

[​IMG]

The Cowboys have been one thing constant all year.....inconsistant. If it wasnt for their excellent offensive line play and run game, this team would more than likely would be a below .500 ballclub. On top of that, Kendall Hunter's college career will be known as a complete one year wonder and a recruiting bust as he has only managed one full season under a starting position. After this weeks ugly loss to the Kansas Jayhawks, the Pokes are reeling and need a big win going into bowl season. But that's probably not going to happen as they face OU in their final game. With Hunter out another 2 weeks and QB Brandon Weeden out for the rest of the season, OSU will really have to have some help from the football gods to beat a 1-loss Sooner team.

Key Stats:
    #2 rush offense (2,060)
    #15 total defense (2,483)
    #5 pass defense (1,446)

Suprise Stats:
    #109 total offense (3,108)
    #120 (last) pass offense (1,048)​

[​IMG]

The Wolf Pack got off to a late start doing a radical coaching change roughly mid-season but believe it or not, it looks like it was the right move. Coach Wreck'em has the Pack on the right track and look to be going bowling for the first time in quite a few years. On top of that, the Pack has been suprisingly reeling in recruits from left and right field. I am excited to see how this team finishes in year 2010 and cant wait to see what the Wolfpack looks like for year 2. If they can upset UNC today on the road (2:30 p est gametime)....the NC State AD better be getting his check book out.

Key Stats:
    #24 pass offense (2,524)

Suprise Stats:
    #70 total defense (3,210)
    #95 rush defense (1,236)
    #82 turnover differential (-2)​

[​IMG]

Maryland Head Coach GSUtiger had to take an unexpected leave from the team for several weeks during the season and the Terps felt his absence while he was gone. But all is not bad, the Terps are bowl elgible and believe it or not, should they have beaten FSU this week (they didnt) they would have been playing in the ACC Championship game in Tampa. If Maryland can finish strong with a win over NC State and a bowl victory, that would be huge for the Terps going into year two.

Key Stats:
    Darel Scott 983 rush yds, 5.3 avg, 11 TD's
    MLB Alex Wujciak-66 tackles, 5 TFL,
    Kicker Nick Ferrara 11 for 12

Suprise Stats:
    #105 in total offense (2,962)
    #113 total defense (3,880)
    #117 rush defense (1,545)​

OTHER INTERESTING FACTS FROM YEAR 1:

-(7-3) Nevada averages 41.5 Points per game
    -(1-8) UNLV averages 6.7 points per game
    -#1 North Carolina has allowed the 5th most sacks in the Nation (36)
    -#8 Oklahoma has allowed only 9 all season, followed by Alabama with 11
    -(7-3) Kansas leads the country in sacks with 40
    -UCLA & Western Kentucky have only recovered 1 fumble all season
    -(3-8) Minnesota leads the country with 25 INT's and only has three wins!!!
    -#11 Georgia only has (33) 3rd down conversions, tied for last in the country
    -#8 OU has a %94 Redzone percentage...the next closest is Colorado at %88
    -#8 OU has only had 17 penalties all season
    -(3-8) Minnesota has 116 penalties for 975 yards!!!
    -#14 Miami has only fumbled twice all year
    -#1 UNC has the 7th most takeaways (30) all season. That pesky Kansas is 2nd in the country with (32)
    -Oregon State is 6th in the country with only 1 loss
    -Fresno State can win the WAC and knock off #2 Boise State with a win.
    -Central Michigan is 9-2 and not ranked...WTF. Wheres the love for the Chippiwaus
    -Little one star program UAB (home of Roddy White) is 6-3 overall w/a shot at the C-USA Title (will be playing Tulsa)
    -OU Tailback DeMarco Murray is averaging 8.0 yds/per carry
    -UNC Left Tackle Carl Gaskins is 3rd in the country in sacks allowed (12)
    -Alabama's DE Luther Davis has 13 sacks and leads the country
    -OU Kicker Patrick Ohara hasnt missded a FG all season, is 14 for 14​

2. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Good stuff G. Bama still has a rough road ahead. The Iron Bowl is next week followed by a likely rematch with South Carolina. And of course even then the BCS will have to wise up and rank me ahead of Boise State because I doubt they lose again.

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

2 things, I dont think Oklahoma should be ahead of me...they are a 1 trick pony with murray, and #2, the #1 team is Oklahoma Lite...dont make McElroy pass the ball lol....thats why if they do go to NC i got UNC...that defense is too much...they have 3 out of 4 defensive backs on the Thorpe List. Yea I said it!

4. Iron Mickey

I was very close to putting you above OU....it was a close call.

In regards to Bama, like I said there going to jump Boise and take it all. UNC losing Yates kills that UNC offense that wasnt that strong anyways.

Alabama can run the ball on anyone.

5. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

great work man. i had my eyes set on th ACC champ game and a match up against RTP but FSU had other plans. i think year 2 will be alot better for the Terps

6. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Wow, #3 nice. Good work G-Unit I always like the power rankings you do. Hopefully the Gamecocks can shock Bama one more time.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job man, I also enjoy the power rankings. We will be higher next year, guaranteed! Virginia was just better than us that day. We couldn't score and couldn't tackle, very bad combination. lol

8. JFunk34

McElroy will be fine. He started out rough but has played very well recently. Like G said we feel like we can run the ball on anyone but we feel very comfortable passing the ball as well now. Alabama learned a lot from the loss to South Carolina and we are very confident moving forward.

9. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

you are lucky you wont see me! you guys managed to bully every offense so far, but you havent seen one like mine, 2500YD passer, 2 1000yd rushers and 1 1000yd receiver, with #2 close behind. SCAR basically showed me i have to be agressive.

10. Iron Mickey

Damn, someone is feeling a bit cocky....lol.

11. JFunk34

And you haven't seen a defense or a running backs like mine. No one on your offense scares me and your defense is a joke.

12. Iron Mickey

oh damn....lol.

13. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

mallarky

14. JFunk34

LOL. :p

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

GREAT job on this! i actually read it yesterday but forgot to comment back on it. All in all i think the rankings at this point in the game are pretty accurate. id say the only mistake is i didnt get ranked #1. totally kidding.