Galatasaray SK

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by hedache, Feb 1, 2011.

1. hedache

hedache Walk On

More coming soon!​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hedache

hedache Walk On

Galatasaray Squad
    1 TUR GK Aykut Erçetin
    55 TUR MF Sabri Sarıoğlu
    2 AUS DF Lucas Neill
    76 TUR DF Servet Çetin
    22 TUR DF Hakan Balta
    19 ALB MF Lorik Cana
    10 TUR MF Arda Turan
    20 COL MF Juan Pablo Pino
    21 BOS MF Zvjezdan Misimovic
    99 AUS MF Harry Kewell
    15 CZE FW Milan Baroš

86 TUR GK Ufuk Ceylan
    87 COL GK Robinson Zapata
    12 TUR GK Emirhan Ergün

3 TUR DF Çağlar Birinci
    5 TUR DF Gökhan Zan
    6 ARG DF Emiliano Insua
    23 TUR DF Serkan Kurtuluş

7 TUR MF Aydın Yılmaz
    8 TUR MF Barış Özbek
    16 TUR MF Mustafa Sarp
    18 TUR MF Ayhan Akman
    25 TUR MF Yekta Kurtuluş
    27 ARG MF Emmanuel Culio
    52 TUR MF Emre Çolak
    80 TUR MF Kazım Kazım

28 ROM FW Bogdan Stancu
    66 TUR FW Anıl Dilaver

* Subject to change

3. hedache

hedache Walk On

Galatasaray comes through in season opener, 2-1.

Galatasaray - Fulham
    2 Goals 1​
    13 Shots 9​
    8 Target 6​
    61% Possession 39%​
    21 Tackles 21​
    1 Fouls 3​
    0 :yellowcard: 1​
    0 :redcard: 0​
    0 Injuries 0​
    3 Offsides 0​
    1 Corners 2​

Galatasaray: 20' :goal: Elano​
    Fulham: 20' :yellowcard: Paintsil​
    Fulham: 73' :goal: Zamora​
    Galatasaray: 83' :goal: Kewell​

Notes: Milan Baros with 2 assists. Lorik Cana selected man of the match with 8.0 rating. Manager hedache had to do some pep talk in the locker room after the game for the poor performance in the last 20 minutes of the game that put the victory in jeopardy.

*Stat format provided by Fulham, thanks.

4. hedache

hedache Walk On

SISSOKO TO GALATASARAY

[​IMG]

* Source: 2.6.11 Foto Mac (Turkish Media)
    In an effort to strengthen their defense Galatasaray has come to terms with Mohammed Sissoko's club Juventus to sign the big defender to add size to their back line. According to the terms that sent Sissoko to Italy, Liverpool will also be paid a transfer fee once this deal goes through.

Galatasaray club is now negotiating with Sissoko's manager and there are only minor details standing between the club and a deal with the player. Sissoko will become the first Malian player to join the Turkish side.

Given the performance of Sabri Sarioglu on right back, Sissoko is probably considered on the left which rises some questions since Galatasaray already has 3 left backs in their squad.

Head of Galatasaray's transfer committee Adnan Sezgin told the media that one of the minor problems in sealing the deal is that transfer deadline was 1.31.11 in the Turkish League. There are talks with the FA to pull a special occasion extension permission which may make some other teams unhappy about double standards by the FA.

We will be following the developments and providing our readers with the updates.

In other news, manager hedache told the media not to worry about the back to back losses of 3-0 and 1-0 against Juventus. "Should anyone be alarmed for letting in 3 goals within the span of half an hour, no. This is a friendly game and we are trying different options to have alternates to our usual game plan and apparently what we tried in that half will not be an alternate against teams like Juventus."

Asked about the Sissoko transfer, hedache would not comment, "I will not comment on bogus stories by the media due to lack of stories."

5. hedache

hedache Walk On

Cold blooded Lions get out of St. Pete alive, 1-0.

Zenith - Galatasaray
    0 Goals 1​
    6 Shots 6​
    4 Target 3​
    47% Possession 53%​
    10 Tackles 15​
    3 Fouls 4​
    0 :yellowcard: 1​
    0 Injuries 1​

Galatasaray: 40' :goal: A. Turan​
    Galatasaray: 68' :yellowcard: M. Baros​

Notes: Lorik Cana was selected Man of the Match yet again with a 7.8 rating. He is proving to be a key member in the midfield helping both offense and defense with his non stop energy.

Zenith started the game strong but Harry Kewell was brought down in the box which lead to the game's only goal from a penalty kick. Galatasaray started the second half strong, kept possesion of the ball and was able to settle in Zenith's half creating some chances. Misimovic's header rebounded off the post in front of Baros and he was only able to nail it on the post for a second time, which would have sealed a win.

Zenith was able to rebound back in the later part of second half putting incredible pressure on the Turkish side. Had many opportunities that were great chances to tie the game but couldn't capitalize. Galatasaray defense was just clearing the ball to half line and crossing their fingers in the last 5 minutes of the game. The final whistle was great relief for millions of Turkish fans in front of their TVs.

Arda Turan PK

Misimovic and Baros hits the post.

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

Week 2 - Match Day 4​
    Galatasaray takes an unpleasant cold shower in Hamburg

Hamburg SV - Galatasaray
    2 Goals 0​
    7 Shots 8​
    4 Target 4​
    47% Possession 53%​
    21 Tackles 14​
    0 Fouls 1​
    0 :yellowcard: 0​
    2 Offsides 0​
    0 Corners 3​

Hamburg: 20' :goal: 9. P. Guerrero​
    Hamburg: 36' :goal: 11. E. Elia​

Notes: H. Westermann was selected man of the match with a 7.6 rating.

These two teams faced each other so many times, there's some special history forming between these two sides with Galatasaray having the edge on scores. That was not the story on Thursday night. The man in front of the Hamburg net stood big, when he didn't, the posts did or the lack of Galatasaray's finishing abilities.

"Germany has a huge Turkish population, when we visit German teams, it's like home. In fact it's worse than home. My players were focused on signing jerseys and balls, taking pictures with the fans, rather than beating a Hamburg side that we know we can. We did not come out there prepared, and the other side came extra prepared. That made the difference. I want to say it will not happen again, but it's in any Turkish team's characteristics to behave like this. When you win 2 games in a row, you need to realize it's not the top of the world." said manager Hedache in the post game press conference. We are sure he said a lot more than that in the locker rooms since no one came out of the locker rooms for an extra 30 minutes after the game.

Like the coach mentioned, Hamburg started great. They seemed like they had possession until Galatasaray's attacks started. And the first few chances were denied giving Hamburg fans a chance to take a breath. Then came Guerrero's goal followed by a pretty bicycle kick from Elia. From there on it was ahhhs and ohhhs for these two sides. Galatasaray put pressure but could not finish to save their lives. And a very solid Hamburg defence kept these chances to very much less than it could have been with their successful tackles.

For the native Turkish fans, there is always the second leg to look forward to in Istanbul. Imtech Arena was not the best memories from this season.

Guerrero

Elia with the possible highlight of the week

7. hedache

hedache Walk On

Hamburg v Galatasaray Game to be REPLAYED!
    It seems like things won't cool down between Galatasaray and Hamburg. The Turkish side is now suggesting that the game was not played accordingly to comply with TFL rules. TFL strongly suggests games of a match week should be played after 12:01AM of Friday. Even though it was past midnight on the east coast, home of Hamburg (Imtech Arena) for TFL League 1 games is located on the west coast putting the game time before midnight.

"The game was apparently played before midnight and should be repeated. We have our lawyers preparing the documents to submit to the TFL disciplinary committee. We trust in the judgement that will be made by the organization." told hedache in the press release by the club.

"We are also submitting complaint about Hamburg coach @elprez98 due to his unsportsmanlike conduct right after the game. It was unfortunate that I heard him say something in the lines of [now that I have spanked your butt...] and finished with the exact words of [now you can go to bed honey]."

Hamburg's defense was that their manager's words were directed at his wife and not for the respected Galatasaray manager on the other end of the headset. It should be common sense to pick your words carefully during a match with such high ratings being followed by large crowds.

Elia to Galatasaray?
    After scoring a highlight reel goal last night, it was inevitable that transfer talks were in place. To prevent same thing happening again, Galatasaray is aiming to sign the Dutch star. It is told that they are in talks with EA to get this in for the February 23rd transfer update but EA is not cooperating well with the issue.

8. hedache

hedache Walk On

Galatasaray Subs Pass Test

[​IMG]

In two friendly games played right after the controversial CSKA Moscow game, Galatasaray manager hedache decided to give his stars the remainder of the day off and started 7 of his subs against Juventus.

Despite giving many chances to Juventus, Italian side could not capitalize on these opportunities and Galatasaray somehow managed to come up top with a 2-0 lead. Juventus efforts would bring a last minute goal to make the final score 2-1 but it was too little too late.

Since Lorik Cana is a key man in midfield, especially defensively, which is the backbone of Galatasaray's game plan, Mustafa Sarp (shown in picture) proved his coach that he can fill in that role when needed. Reserve center backs Gokhan Zan and Ali Turan did a decent job and showed they are good alternatives for the starting 11 in this position. Hedache was not very impressed with youngster Aydin Yilmaz replacing Misimovic in an attacking midfielder position, as well as Serdar Ozkan on the left wing. Pino is most likely to get a chance in this team after the transfer update who did a decent job on right mid.

In the second leg of the back to back games, Juventus shut down Galatasaray to a 1-0 against the same squad that was being tested.

CSKA Moscow Pulls Team Off the Field
    On Saturday morning's schedule Galatasaray faced CSKA at home and played a solid game not giving the opponent many chances. In the 90th minute Misimovic scored a goal which was Galatasaray's 4th in the game. A frustrated CSKA side, who had been sliding all over the place and picking yellow cards after trailing 3-0, scored 3 goals in their own net after the 4th, with Galatasaray players and fans watching in surprise and shock. CSKA coach called his player to the locker rooms before there was ever a final whistle which left the game incomplete without an official score.

"We will win games and lose games. This is the nature of the game. I don't understand the CSKA behaviour. We tried our best to make them comfortable in Istanbul and I thought we've been a good host through out this event. It's an unfortunate situation for the league.". Those were the words of hedache, surprised and disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hedache

hedache Walk On

Subs Impress Again
    In an effort to see further how the reserves could perform, hedache only gave chance to Milan Baros and Harry Kewell in the starting line up from their regular 11 in a friendly against B. Dortmund. Despite a very exciting game with chances on both ends, including a few posts for both sides, it was a goalless draw at the end of 120 minutes. The reserves yet past another test and gave the message that they're ready for duty if called.

10. hedache

hedache Walk On

Wolfsburg Gets Robbed at Turk Telecom Arena
    Galatasaray - Wolfsburg
    3 Goals 0​
    6 Shots 8​
    5 Target 3​
    55% Possession 45%​
    17 Tackles 17​
    3 Fouls 2​
    0 Injuries 0​
    1 Offsides 1​
    0 Corners 1​
    Galatasaray: [​IMG] 44',76',85' 99. H. Kewell​
    Notes: Harry Kewell had a hat trick and proved how deadly he can be in a game where exciting moments were mostly around Galatasaray box. Galatasaray came into Wolfsburg half rare but lethal. 3 counter attack goals and one hitting the post. On the other end, there were so many key moments Wolfsburg forwards could not capitalize to take this game to a total different direction. At the end of the day, Galatasaray walked out with the 3 points securing 9 points in 4 games, 2 more games to go this week which should mean a Champions League spot for them.​
    After video review, it was apparent that for the final goal on 85' Kewell was offside when Misimovic headed the ball for a rebound off the post. Fortunately this goal wasn't a game deciding goal but the incident definitely rose some questions about TFL League 1 officiating.​

11. hedache

hedache Walk On

Red and Yellow Strikes Again At Home

Galatasaray - Benfica
    4 Goals 1​
    7 Shots 12​
    6 Target 6​
    55% Possession 45%​
    20 Tackles 14​
    0 Fouls 0​
    3 Offsides 0​
    0 Corners 2​

Galatasaray:
    :goal: 26' H. Kewell
    :goal: 29' M. Baros
    :goal: 49' Z. Misimovic
    [​IMG] 90' Z. Misimovic

Assist:

H. Kewell (2)
    M. Baros

MOM: L. Neill 8.6 (My screen) L. Cana 9.7 (Timpegoose screen)

Benfica:
    [​IMG]67' Cardozo

Another game at home with a happy ending. The score may not show it but Benfica gave Galatasaray a hard time at the first quarter of the game. Saviola failed to put in a close up header which could have been a good turning point for the Portugese visitors, instead Harry Kewell was strong dribbling into the box through two big Benfica defenders and deadly with his soft touch. Baros striked for a second goal quickly, and it was there, Benfica was in a big hole against the red and yellows known for their tough defense to go through.​
    "It wasn't our best effort but once again our forwards finished perfect. In the past we've had trouble finishing but lately things have been going good for us. I think Hamburg loss was a good slap in the face, and giving a lot of chances in most of our friendly game to our subs that have been waiting for duty made the starters realize that their job is not guaranteed."​
    Coach Hedache was happy with the late results but without a huge grin on his face, since the scores haven't really been the result of the usual dominating game. "It's almost like the better we play, less we score. I'll take the 3 points today. I hope we add more solidity to our game on top of the scoring for a strong showdown in the Champions League that's coming up."​
    Galatasaray hopes to close the week with another win against Bayer Leverkusen. Even though they are listed as visitors, Galatasaray never feels like they're on the road when they're in Germany, due to the enthusiastic high Turkish population. They hope it won't be another distraction like Hamburg game where they forget to play soccer and get busy with signing autographs.​
    Highlights will posted later due to satellite link problems with the broadcasting company.​

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

Hedache Splits Ways With Galatasaray

The wait is over. The outcome was imminent. Hedache has not been shy about his discomfort of the Galatasaray board politics. Especially the route the club has taken with the transfer strategy has made hedache an unhappy man the second half of the season, as well as many fans.

"I will not be working for this management. Hopefully there will be a change next month and I would be willing to come back under a new management with better future plans for this club."

There were many attractive offers available for hedache, but to some his final decision was odd.

"I know Bursaspor and Trabzonspor are great organizations, and I'd be honored to serve them and help them in any way I could. But my final decision targets being close to home and working with some familiar names."

Hedache will be the football director for İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi SK, a football team owned by the Municipality of İstanbul, playing their games at Ataturk Olympic Stadium (76,000 capacity). But only attracts literally couple hundred fans each game.

Coach Abdullah Avcı is a former Galatasaray youth football coach and has coached the Turkey U-17 team leading them to a European championship gold medal and 4th place at the FIFA Youth-World championships in Peru. With stars like Nuri Şahin, Deniz Yilmaz, and Tevfik Köse, Abdullah Avci was confident of success.

Assistant coach Arif Erdem is also a former member of the Galatasaray family. He was in the 2000 UEFA Cup winning squad, a fan favorite with his infamous dives in the box earning many PKs for his team over the years.

[​IMG]
    Abdullah Avci and Arif Erdem on the bench.

"Being home and working with these guys was the major decision makers for me. I will make sure Istanbul BB finishes the season at a respectable position. I learned a lot from my mistakes last season, as well as the mistakes we made as a club. I want to apologize the fans for an embarrassing season, and I promise I will be back on duty in the near future."

İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi SK is preparing for the new season with their new boss in place. In their first friendly after the official announcement of hedache becoming the director of football, they came out with a huge victory against their possible rivals in the upcoming season AS Roma. 4 goals by Slovakian international Filip Holosko in the opening 47 minutes was a shocker for the Italian giants. Time will show if this is just a fluke or not.

13. hedache

hedache Walk On

[​IMG]

The former coach for a reformed team. Galatasaray SK announces that they're in contract negotiations with their former coach hedache, this time for bigger responsibilities. It's reported that hedache is returning to his home town and home club.​

Galatasaray, with a new President Unal Aysal, along with his new board members, also brought in the legendary coach Fatih Terim whom won them 4 titles back to back and iced that with the UEFA Cup and European Super Cup in 2000. The new management not only got rid of majority of the squad after a disaster season (worst in team history), also signed some big names to bring success back to this club. Just what hedache asked for before he left the club for Istanbul BB and moved on to Olympique Lyon in this current TFL season.​

For Galatasaray, the missing piece is hedache it seems like, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to come back and lead this club as their football director. It's no rumor that he is ready to sign a blank contract for his club. "Galatasaray is everything for me. I do not need to negotiate for contract value. They say come in and do the job, I will do it for whatever salary they think I deserve. I've learned a lot while I was away. Now with the right pieces in place, I want to bring some success to this club. I want to make our fans proud again. I want everyone to put on their reds and yellows and proudly walk on the streets. I will be attending games with my jersey on this coming season to show how much the colors mean to us."​

The only question in minds is how will hedache adapt to FIFA 12 gameplay. He will be missing remarkable preseason time due to personal matters, which may reflect to the team's preparations for the new season. Some say it will not make much of a difference, the plan is there the team is there, shouldn't be a big issue. Others suggest the first season will be a tough battle adapting and catching up with other teams that had a better preseason period. Time will tell.​