Game Difficulty and Rules Discussion

Discussion in 'Football I.Q.' started by Snake Eyez, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Having played only a handful of full games so far on '14, I'm rather certain that we will start on AA difficulty. I'm a Heisman level player usually, but I think the low level of talent that we'll be starting with at our programs will make it challenging enough in the opening season on the field. Recruiting is supposed to be much more difficult now too, so I'm anxious to see just what kind of classes we can bring in.

I've not tested any sliders yet, either. Usually AA default is not enough of a challenge in the long term, so we'll probably need to make some adjustments at some point. However, these may not come until after our first season depending on how good we're doing.

2. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

3. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

I was going to vote H/H but your right the AI seemed tighter in the demo. We would probably get the piss pounded out of us in the season one.

4. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Commish, are playing the dynasty at normal game speed?

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

I would like to vote for 0% threshold on either slow or very slow. I would vote for slow over very slow if it was between the two.

6. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

From having played a couple of full games on default Heisman, the AI doesn't play as ridiculous as in year's past by any means... but the AI pass coverage still seems pretty strong, especially in m2m press. I think the majority of us would not fair too well on Heisman with C and D-rated squads. The CPU brings it's A-game even with lower rated teams. I'm open to using Heisman after year 1 or 2, but I think we'd need to use some modified sliders.

I've only played so far on "normal." I didn't care much for slow or very slow on last year's game... but I'm going to make another poll for game speed so everyone can have a say. Threshold I can't really say yet because I haven't experimented at all. I know what it does, and I did do alot of changes with it last yr... just can't say I have any preference yet for this year.

7. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

Thanks commish. I would definitely like to see the game speed played at NORMAL. It is good to see that you feel the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

I can deal with normal but then if we don't have 0% threshold 300 pound DT's are going to be chasing down WR's like its nothing

9. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

And will there be a vote on quarter length?

10. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

With the low schools, I agree with AA for the first season.

11. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

7 mins seems like a good happy-medium. What have you guys been playing on in your own time?

12. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

I play 7 min in my offline dynasty.

13. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

7 min is perfect.

And Id like to take back my comment from earlier after playing a few games I think normal is WAY more realistic this year. and 50% threshold seems perfect. Overall Im not sure how I feel about recruiting yet but im really surprised by this years version. Its the shit so far.

14. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Yeah, I'm enjoying the game a lot so far too

15. hugezombie

hugezombie Walk On

My votes are for 7 Min Quarters, slow game speed and AA difficulty

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.