game freeze and coordinating

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 26, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

beginning 3rd quarter at ND, down 1 score and with ball. fumble that was clearly not a fumble. you can't challenge as coordinator, but message comes up saying challenge in progress. but after 5 minutes, won't let me "x" out or push any buttons at all. gay. im replaying.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Cheater. ;)

3. vatechhokie01

bizarre replay game. Apparently my defense is now amazing. I did absolutely nothing to help the cause (3 INTs, numerous punts) while my defense had 2 pick-6s and held them in close yardage situations time and time again. Was up 28-10 at the half and they came back with 28-25 with ball in my territory, 2min left. They threw a pick-6. Who knew?

Now can I win 4 or 5 games and still get Paul Wulff fired? But hilariously, my offense (lots of new run game, etc) is pedestrian and the last 2 games my defense is lights out.

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

it's not "your defense" you're just the oc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. vatechhokie01

lmao...i hate you

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

yeah it's more like our defense!

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'm playing my game right now against the worst team I've played all season (NMSU D+). I could be dead wrong on this one, but I remember 7 minute quarters actually changing on my games yet it's 8 min quarters. In addition, it seems like the sliders are drastically different. This team is fast, really FAST. Already sacked three times on 2 drives. Stuffing the run in the backfield, etc. I smell something fishy and I'm calling EA on this one. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on the topic. Anybody else notice anything?

8. vatechhokie01

all ive noticed is the game getting easier, lol

9. vatechhokie01

up to you man. obviously the speculation is noted and quite possible (to be sure!)... but sadly still just speculation. my rule of thumb: if you play and lose and it doesnt count, you take a sim. Personally, and I will leave this somewhat up to the individual, if I am losing in the 4th and it freezes, I take a sim. If I'm losing with less than a minute and a half to go in the 3rd, I take a sim. But this is obviously case by case. If I'm losing at either of those times but down by one score and have the ball or something... I'd replay. But a) I think you should prob go ahead and take a sim (up to you) and b) I think EVERYONE should be posting these situations so that we can get some accountability and league feedback, etc.

but you're the man and sorry freakin NMSU turned into 'Bama.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Yeah I'm taking a sim for sure. I lost the game 4 full quarters. It just didn't count the game. I'm the kind of guy that once I've played a game I don't like to play it over. If I lose then I definitely don't want to run it back. I'm getting kinda anxious to see next season already. I redshirted a bunch of my incoming guys last year so hopefully I'll have a bit of talent this time around. As of now I have 1 good player on the whole team.