Game Freeze - Rule Discussion

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Magoo, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Create a new rule for game freezes?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Guys, I think we have a great bunch of guys here and we all want to make this as sim as possible and follow the rules.

The current rule on game freezes is that it is an automatic sim loss. This game is buggy as hell and I know last year and this year I have had to deal with the game freezing up before it was even at the coin toss. I would like to put the game freeze rule out for discussion to come up with a rule that allows us to restart a game if we are not losing late in the game.

I would propose that the new rule be something like we get to restart the game if you can show proof or have someone be a witness that you are not restarting the game because you are losing. In other words if you are losing by 10pts or greater and the game freezes it will be a sim loss no matter what, if you are losing by 10pts or less and the game freezes and it is not in the 4th quarter you can restart the game. But again there must be proof that there was just cause for a restart. Maybe set a max of 2 restarts a season or something on top of the basic rule.

I think this is a simple enough rule that there should be no questions as to why a restart.

I think this rule or some variant would be a fair and sim rule that would allow us to play games that are important in the season that for what ever reason locks up without user cause.

Let me know guys if you would support a new rule or not?

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

No. The rule is NOT that it is an auto sim loss. It is an auto sim. I can't control who wins or loses.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Here is the rule straight from TSO:

WG.5.0 - Restarts: There will be NO restarts for user vs. cpu games. In the unlikely event that you experience a problem/emergency during your game, notify your commissioner immediately. Failure to instantly notify your commissioner will result in a sim. If restarts become a trend you will be dismissed from the dynasty.

The reason we started auto-sim was becuase it became an issue and there really is no way to tell if someone just quit or the game truly froze. Taking a picture of a frozen screen doesn't seem like ample proof. Now, in the case where you are playing your game online and other members happen to be on at that time, we can discuss possibly re-playing the game. But that needs to be a discussion rather than the player simply replaying it without talking to the commish.

4. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Thinks if Magoo would start playing better he wouldn't have to restart games..

5. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

U know that I did not restart the game. It locked up before I got to coin toss

6. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Ok that will work if that is the way we want to go.

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I don't think anything was decided. So we are sticking with our current rule? Auto sim if DC vs cpu?

8. BigKing

Since I'm the most reputable member of Overdrive, I'll decide. Decision coming once I sober up.

9. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Guess no-one cares but us three :3stars: ....?

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

i idnt know we were taking a vote. i thought clay reiterized the tso rule and that was that. Magoo i completely understand your view on this and somewhat agree. It does suck if you havent even started the game bc you cant get past the coin toss and you have to sim it. That isnt fair. Then again i can see what clayandlbf is saying bc if we change the rule to where you can restsrt the game then miraculously all a sudden there will be more "game freezes"....it sucks but if i had to place a vote i vote for things to stay the way they are right now. This is coming from someone who would have been undefeated and playing in the National Championship game if it werent for a sim loss bc of game freezes.

11. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

clayandlbf
    Cocky Marine

I can see both sides of the story, maybe the TSO rule will solve it and that is the last thing I want is mystery game freeze situations again like we had in a few past seasons. Was just trying to bring up the subject for open discussion to see what all you guys think. Since it reared its ugly head 3 times in the last 2 seasons, 2 of which dramatically affected National Title hopes.

12. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I personally want and like the auto sim with a DC vs cpu bc it makes it easier for me. It also eliminates conflicts where one user gets a restart but another doesn't. I know it isn't 100% fair if u have a genuine game freeze but I must say, since we implemented this rule, restarts have gone way down.

Also, I don't remember anyone else having the issue of the game locking up at the beginning since the patch but magoo.

13. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Mine locked up early in the fourth quarter and possibly cost me at title game...however I agree with you clayandlbf it needs to stay the way it is now.

14. BigKing

If there is a disconnect or a game gets frozen I would take a picture of the time of game and score. I would post that picture and wait to here from Clay. If the picture indicates that you wouldn't have caused the disconnect on purpose to avoid a loss then I think you should get to replay. In Cocky's scenario above, I would assume he had a decent lead in the fourth quarter and it would be apparent he didn't quit. Other situations would not be as clear and I think the sim would have to stand.

15. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

That is all cool with me, just like to have a good discussion. So we stay where we are at and we can move on. Good Deal!!! Session is adjourned.