Game Freeze Up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Parrothead, Aug 19, 2010.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Game Freeze Up

What do I do if the game freezes? I'm in the 3rd quarter, down by 10, but there's still plenty of time (about 5:30 left in the 3rd). I've got a picture and video to show it's froze, but need some feedback on this before I turn it off/restart.

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm going to go ahead and restart it. Feel free to throw out the results if need be. Also, if you'd like the photo/video evidence, I'll post it. Just let me know.

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I'm good with the restart.

I can't throw out results like NCAA... I mean NCAA'09 and NCAA'10 (can't believe they f'd that up in NCAA'11)

So what normally happens in this case is I get very unfair, and let my gut tell me what to do, and yes i do treat everyone differently.

Options I have available as commish:
    1) don't care, let the dude do whatever he wants (multiple reasons I let things slide)

2) 1 game suspension, next restart is a 2 game suspension

3) Boot the f'r

I started with a whole rule, treated everyone the same, punishment if warranted and all that, but that was only because of one dude, eventually the guy thought I was out to get him and quit the league.... so now instead of going through the happy horseshit of being fair and listening to someone tell me I'm headhunting, I just go headhunting. (y)

I do however like to see guys post when they have to restart.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

The second game turned into a shootout with me returning the opening kickoff for 6 and then returning an INT for 6 on their very first play. I ran clock like crazy the whole second half, but still managed to have 2 int's for 6 and that kickoff return (all in the first half). I don't restart even if my best guy gets hurt for the season or junk like that. As I mentioned, I did take a quick snapshot and then also a video with my iphone. I'll gladly upload it if you'd like, as this game turned out much differently in terms of points scored. Tennessee would be happy either way, as Vince Young got knocked out of the first game for a couple of weeks. In this one, he held on. Let me know if you want the video.

5. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

No, don't need it.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just had it happen again in my game against the Cardinals. This time it was 2 minutes into the game. Am I the only one that is having these kinds of issues with this thing? It seems like it's totally random when it happens. My QB was walking up to the line for the first play for the Raiders...

7. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I thing there was one more "restart".

BTW, first time it's a restart, second time it's a "restart", third time I just ask you if you were losing or did you just lose one of your starts for the season. :D

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I've been taking video on my iphone each time just to back it up. Seriously. If I'm required to have a game simmed or whatever, I'm fine with that. I just wish the junk would stop freezing up on me. It's only happened in franchise mode, whether it's online or offline, and it's really starting to piss me off.

I know Riptides has told me it's happened to him a couple times when he's been playing regular games, but I don't know if the freezing issue is happening to anyone else. Is it?

9. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I think I've seen one other restart besides yours. I'm also in week 4 season 2 of my offline franchise with Buffalo and Carolina, so 37 games in and no freezes. I've had some shutters like NCAA'11 but no freezes. However I do have my game downloaded to the hard drive so maybe that's it.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll try downloading it, then. Not sure that should make a difference at all, though. If it's going to keep freezing on me like every other week in terms of games, I'll have to call it, though. I don't want to waste time trying to get a game in only to have it freeze and have me start the whole thing over.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have also experienced shutters like Psycho has mentioned but no freezes yet. Unfortunately I don't have the space to download Madden if this does indeed happen.

12. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Unless it's your CD skipping during shutters (shutter being the norm in this game), and not being able to pick up where it left off, then it won't fix it.

If it does fix it, then your DvD-Drive is on borrowed time.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

While I'd love for that to solve it, I would also not be a fan of knowing my DVD-Drive is ready to kick the bucket. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Up 37-6 on the Chargers with 3 minutes to go in the game when it freezes up again. Sim this one, as I'm not playing a whole second game to count as one. I'm going to have to think about whether or not I should stay in this thing.

15. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

That does suck.

I wonder if it would happen against users? I'm assuming it would, just curious.

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm assuming it would, too. Not a fan of the freezing at all. I don't want to waste anyone's time, including mine, so it's probably best that I drop out at this point. Was really looking forward to playing in this league with the salary cap and knowing that everyone in the league logged on around when I did. Sucks. Sorry for dropping out mid-season.

17. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

NOt your fault, no big deal.

After patch#1 if you want to try to give it another go just give me the word and I'll re-invite you.

18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

When is that supposed to come out? Any idea? If it's soon, I may just stay in and try to play each game. I don't believe the Raiders have a user game until week 6 or so. Like I said, I want to stay in it because of the matching gameplay times and all.

19. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I'll look to see when the user games are, I would like to try to keep you around just in case the patch fixes the freeze for you. What we can do is let you attempt a user game an see if it freezes. If it does, the next user game comes around I'll boot you then reinvite you the next week, and we can run like that for a couple of weeks to see if a patch is going to fix it.

BTW - normally Madden'11 first patches come up about a month to a month an a half after release.

User games
    Week 6 : SF
    Week 8 : Seattle
    Week 11 : Pitt
    Week 16 : Indy (may or may not be a user)

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Ok. I'll stick around until after the patch to see if that clears things up. Like I said, don't want to waste anyone's time (including mine). I know how valuable it is to guys like us now. haha