Game Freezing OD-Help!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Nov 10, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Posting this information to provide update to league and see if anyone is having same problem, which according to EA sports is happening to a "select group of users"...since the last patch.

The game freezes shortly after both teams are confirmed to play, as the screen moves forward this is when you see the game tips...about 10-15 seconds into that cycle, the game freezes...all you can do is restart.....after numerouse attempts....did some research and found these instructions:

Step 1: Power-cycle your Modem-DONE
    Turn off your modem and leave it unpowered for two minutes before restarting it. (This process will restart your Internet connection.)

Step 2: Connect your Console Straight to your Modem-DIRECT CONNECTION IS IN PLACE FULL TIME

Try connecting yourPLAYSTATION 3directly to the Cable/DSL modem using an ethernet cable. If the connection works, your connection issues are most likely being caused by your router.

Step 3: Disable your Media Server Connection-DONE
    The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.
    1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu
    2. Navigate to Settings
    3. Select Network Settings
    4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.
    Step 4: Disable your Router's Firewall-NOT USING A ROUTER

If you are using a router, please try disabling your firewall on the router to see if there is a conflict. If this resolves the issue, please contact your router manufacturer to ensure that the router is configured correctly to allow game play online.
    • Online Ports:
      • UDP 3658 (peer to peer)
      • TCP 6000 (VOIP)
    Step 5: Try Deleting Possible Corrupted Update Files....ALSO DELETED CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS..Have deleted everything but my profile, which I redid upon entering ODs

There may be a corruption in the game or update files that are stored on the system itself. Please try deleting these game files and try the connection again. To do this:
    1. Press the PS button on the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XrossMediaBar
    2. Select the Game tab.
    3. Select the Game Data Utility and press the X button.
    4. Find and delete all the game data or roster files listed.
      Note: When you play online, the online roster will automatically download before an actual match starts.
    Step 6: Create a New PSN Account
    You can also try creating a new Playstation Network account.
    1. Press the PS button the controller to enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XBM (XrossMediaBar).
    2. Select the Users tab.
    3. Select Create a New User Account and press the X button.
    4. Enter a name for the account and login to the new user account.
    5. Select the Friends tab.
    6. Select Sign up for Playstation Network and press the X button.
      Note: When creating the new Playstation Network account, please use a different, valid, accessible e-mail address.
    After creating new accounts...still getting the freeze....to date has only been OD games with cpu...assume it will be same problem with user to user.

Also retired from all 3 of my ODs, prior to creating new accounts.....not saving any OD files

Just got done with EA chat...they told me that my old ps3 ID can not be deleted....so there is still that link...so now am being told to call tech support.

Any help is appreciated.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Have you had someone else login as you to see if they could connect to an user game?

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

No...

However I was just able to play a user/cpu game in BCS Chaos...we just advanced...have no clue as to why.....as earlier I tried a user/cpu game in HOF...could not

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Update....just played user/user game in GG.....so maybe it just took a day for all those changes, new accounts to take place......or maybe EA fixed the problem?

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

lets hope

6. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Was able to get in 2 user games today and a cpu game today with no problems!.....

Lost a couple of recruits along the way with the new accounts...but overall it looks good!...

Lot of frustration and not much help from EA...

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Was it a User / CPU game you were having a problem with?

If so, was that CPU team previously controlled by a user?

If both of these are the case - what likely happened was that the previous user was using a custom PB. When he left, the custom playbook stayed. A cpu team can not run a custom playbook though when the user is no longer in the league. Thus, the game freezes.

This issue will continue to occur whenever a user plays that team. In order to fix the problem, all you need to do is have someone switch their playbook back to the default.

NOTE: You can not just switch over and change the default playbook yourself, or have another member currently in the dynasty do it.. If you or someone else just moves in to that role, it will bring your coaching data over with you - including your pb. Therefore, you must invite someone new into the dynasty to make this swap for you.​

8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    That sounds exactly like what happened.

9. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

The last game I played in an OD was a user to user, I used a CPB, but he did not....

Thanks for the detailed response...

10. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    There's one exception to that though now that I think of it; Numerous people had played this cpu team since the owner left. Wouldn't this be happening to everyone that played them?

11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

What team you thinking of?

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

sure thing. just figured I'd help if I could.

when we've encountered it in AM (including last night), every person who has played the CPU team in question froze. Still, it might be worth looking at.

13. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Alabama. I know I played them last season and most of the SEC users would have as well since he left early in season 3. I think you were the first user to play them in season 4 though.

14. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

In looking at the schl. for s4, looks like I am the first to play Alab'...but you would think that the advance from 3-4..and the fact he left in s3 would delete any issues

15. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I don't know about deleting the issues but you would definitely think that it would've cropped up last season as well if this were the issue.

16. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Update....had this crop up again today when another league user attempted to play Alabama/cpu....so under my new ps3 account, send an invite to my old ps3 tag to join league, once in the OD, picked Alabama, set playbook as Alabama, then retired from OD...

Game was played in an normal fashion...

So thanks to Cheez for helping us out!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

we will need to look at the teams that left the od recently, like Florida and utah......

18. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Will do...

19. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Fred Limbo

Utah/Florida set up with default tm off pbs

• Like Like x 1