Game Impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 17, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

I just wanted take a minute, and in the face of some criticism (which we all have and will have which is fine) and say that I think this game is unbelievable. They have done an amazing job. I am absolutely excited and impressed with the build, gameplay, and style.

Yes it has some issues with the CPU no-huddle, too many INTs on both sides of the ball, a few robo-MLBs, and the like, but simply put: this game is unreal. It's a video game and they have done a darn good job at making it at least on its way to realistic.

This said, I just read this review over at Operation Sports and it was like reading my own thoughts. My favorite quote is: "The best part about NCAA 12 is that it has forced me to completely relearn how to play the series."

Anyway, in the face of some criticisms...some of my own... this game is great. If you are struggling, "re-learn" the game. And read this article to be encouraged...

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/610/ncaa-football-12-review/

2. TJM

TJM Walk On

Good thing I never really played to much of the previous NCAAs, so was just basically learning everything this past week. It is actually pretty cool you need to know somewhat about actual football strategy, gameplans, reading defenses, etc...

They did a great job with the game, although there are still quite a bit of acradiness and glitches (from playing and also people over at OS who play this game way to much more than us). Outside of the game, EA and NCAA have always had trouble with server issues from what I remember. Although the Online Dynasty site is still in Beta (a 1+ yr), it is still pretty much completely bugged out.

I really enjoy it though.

3. TJM

TJM Walk On

I also like how the stadiums for teams like Tulane and Tulsa look full at the beginning of the game but somehow drop down to about 50% during cut scenes. Its cool though because it should be like 50%, but playing in the Superdome with somewhere around 70,000 seats Im guessing, I think Tulane is only getting 20000

4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

actually at my home game vs hawaii the stadium was about half full or less the entire game including intro. loved that...ironically.