Game informer dynasty and RTG news... important stuff to commish's from here!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by LB Fitted, May 23, 2011.

1. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...g-ncaa-39-s-dynasty-mode.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

basic quick info for dynasty and rtg is

it said there wont be a bcs playoff system...

it said to super sim and advance week from cpu you have to pay 2.99 and commish's have to pay 6.99 for a commish pack that allows them to do all of that and run up to 5 dynasties. RTG you can now play a full hs season and build pts to go into ur college career. And you can import your whole hs league through team builder if you want to play against

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for the post.

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Not a whole lot here. Would like to hear about recruiting tuning.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    The pertinent bits for those of you at work:

Custom Conferences
    • Instead of just being able to swap teams between conferences, now you can expand or shrink conferences from four to sixteen teams
    • You can set conference rules from allowing Thursday games, protected rivals, division names/alignment, scheduling of conference games, location of the conference championship game, and more
    • You can also edit the bowl tie-ins, so the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl could not include the Big 12 or remove tie-ins altogether and just go off of straight BCS rankings. You could even make it so independents like Notre Dame don't have a tie-in to any bowls, which sounds like a great plan
    • No conference creation or BCS playoff-style tournament
    • Conferences can be changed from year to year

Create a Coach/Coaching Carousel
    • Start out as either a head coach (use an existing coach or one create one from scratch) or coordinator. Coordinators naturally only call and run plays for their side of the ball. Coordinators will still recruit, however
    • Can edit any coaches/players that are existing on the disc. This can be posted as a file online for others to download
    • The game wants to replicate the coaching carousel of the NCAA, so your contract status and goals will be closely monitored from year to year. Depending on the school, you'll get goals like getting a bowl birth, having a top recruiting class, winning a national championship, and much more. For coordinators, goals will be stat based
    • Your coaching prestige and job security change from week to week, so you'll have to ride the rollercoaster all season, and this also affects your recruiting. If you're on the hot seat, for example, players may be less inclined to sign onto your program
    • AI coaches will retire, get fired, and hop from job to job, and this will affect the entire coaching landscape. The AI will hire coaches based on things like whether a candidates is an alum or not, coaching style, etc. You will also get offers while you are currently employed
    • Although you can start out as a coordinator, when you are a head coach you do not hire your coordinator positions
    • In online dynasties, the commish sets what level everyone is at, whether that's one-star defensive coordinators or full-on high-caliber head coaches
    Online Dynasty Web Browser
    • Commish can advance the week from the web – but only if you pay a one-time fee of $2.99 or 240 Microsoft Points
    • You can super-sim your games versus the CPU on the web – including calling plays, modifying your depth chart, and more. You can also pause the game at any time, sim forward a quarter, etc. Again, however, this will cost you a one-time fee of $2.99 or 240 Microsoft Points
    • Both of the above browser features can be bought in one Commissioner Pack for $6.99/560 MP, and the pack also includes the ability to be commish to up to five dynasties

Misc.
    • Custom Playbooks: Add remove plays and formations at will. You can set up exactly how you see your playbook, from grouping all medium passes to putting all play-action plays together, and more. This is not sortable via your NCAA browser page
    • Recruiting in Dynasty mode has been tuned, but not changed greatly

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Check the last bullet in my update.

6. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i really dont like that they charge commish's to do those things...that kinda sucks...

7. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

no prob

8. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

also they said on the fb page there will be blogs all week that go in depth in each catagory

9. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

well, well, well...EA is charging its customers $2.99 or $6.99 for additional content...They have a point I guess; I mean we are only paying $60 for the game...

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Only $7...

Shit, they should charge more for those sweet add-ons

11. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i think its a problem because if not enough people decide to pay for this feature....it will probably go away next year

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thank you for the post LB and thank you Shaun for the work version.

I personally think its a positive move for EA - provide the extra stuff and charge extra for it. I would pay twice as much for the ability to spectate games real-time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I paid for it this year. Those are features outside the box and web based. I don't think it is unreasonable to charge a smal fee for the browser based features. Its a nice perk, but the web support comes at a cost to them too.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sweet.. and its only $7

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think it is be@ause they want money? :/

were adults here let's not sugar coat it, they are a company for profit, and with no competition we have to do what they say. I remember a few years back my employer was charging cust for something dumb that was not necessary, we eventually reversed course per we had people leaving to go to competition.when there is no competition you don't have that dynamic here with the customer base. :(

I love NCAA franchis so I will pay it, but I don't like being bullied to pay for a feature that they could just aloow woth the 60$ cost of the game.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Oh how I wish I could unlike this. I would pay twice as much for them to keep that out until the servers are less shaky.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    They are offering functionality OUTSIDE the game that no other company is currently offering. There is no such thing as a free lunch. I expect and support them charging for functionality that is not required to play the game and costs them server maintenance and development time.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Iron Mickey

EA asked me to forward this to you....;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Keller

Where do you think the extra money goes?

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

looks like no recruiting changes other than "tuning"

21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

in someones back pocket

22. Iron Mickey

Strippers and Beer?

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I respect your opinion on the matter and all, but I have had mult dynasties just stop working and EA support could not resolve my issues on this, so yeah I think I should get a courtesy lunch here :)

Why we are on subject, what is opinion of some my TS brethren on paying for monthly service to play a game like NCAa online? I would be game for that if it were ran with stronger servers and had better support like some MMO on PC ( WoW, Starcraft, etc.) ?

I am probably daydreaming outload and off topic here, but curious what you guys think?

24. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I'm less than happy about this. I really hope you can find more than 5 serviceable fbs and kickers. Also hope you can find some decent 3* guys and have some 5* busts.

25. Keller

Like MMO's? You mean the games that charge a monthly fee? You mean you'd rather do that? LOL