GAME IS OUT - State of the Franchise OMFL Style

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 11, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

GAME IS OUT - State of the Franchise OMFL Style

[​IMG]

Thank goodness THE GAME IS OUT! Man I didn't think September 10th was ever going to get here. I didn't realize what a long break that was at the end of the season until the new game comes out. I think this year we will really try and have something for those who want it and a break for those who don't. I am really excited about what this season holds.

First season at TF as premier league. This year the TF has announced their premier status leagues and the OMFL is one of them. With this new status comes some exciting new changes and exciting new things that will be open to all OMFL owners and the OMFL itself. A new website and content which will all be unveiled here shortly.

New and improved content. Our new system of owners who are now agreeing to put out new content and more often. This content will be from the great owners who make up the OMFL, owners just like you. We will have insightful thoughts, trash talk, and game break downs and even some predictions and possibly rankings and much much much more. We will also have our amazing team of Sci and Dunlap who will be putting out the OMFL Talk Show more often this year. These guys are so good they have been asked to work for the TF itself. It's just the kind of talent we have here in the OMFL.

New and improved cap system. Our good buddie Winuvas is back, this time for good because we aren't letting him leave. He's not only back to help with our Cap Book but he has brought with him a new and improved Cap system and Offseason schedule. This system has been discussed, tweaked, and adjusted to fit our needs here in the OMFL and will one of the best systems out there that any league could possibly use. I will take a little time to get used to it, but we will adjust quick and have a killer system which will be as realistic as possible.

Improved rules to be as sim like as possible. We have taken a look at the things that were abused and used as unsim in games. We have taken a look at each and every rule and have adjusted and will continue to adjust these new rules, even with the new game. I feel with our rules, owners, and board members that we have in place, we will be able to present the most sim-like game play around. Will it be perfect, not unless we stop actually playing games it won't, but it will be tweaked, adjusted, and made to fit exactly what we need and want here.

New OMFL structure. We have put together a new structure, which included new, written out requirements of board members and owners. New structure to put new board members in positions where they can better succeed and a structure that keeps everyone busy and giving everyone more input. I am really excited about the future of the OMFL and our new systems.

Another challenging and up beat OMFL Season. Hands down I feel the OMFL offers the most competitive, fun, sim-like experience that leagues can offer. Are we the best, by no means. I don't know that there is a best, different leagues for different folks, but I do think I like what we have here. This year looks to be as competitive as any other with new owners and new switches of teams, things are going to be exciting from day one.

Things are as exciting as ever for the OMFL and it's owners. A waiting list of over 10 people and a full league full of great owners and great people. I think the future is bright, even if things are not perfect.

Speaking of things not being perfect, there is also a few 'dirty laundry' things that need to be discussed.

I will be the first to admit that I am not and do not pretend to be the best commish around or even close to being a perfect human much less a perfect commish. I've got my issues and to be honest I suffer from 'idiot' quite often. All i can say is I am sorry to the owners of the OMFL for my remarks and for my idiotic things that are done from time to time. I am working on it with help from our board. I have worked very hard over the past few days touching base with as many owners as possible on AIM and having private convos about their status here in the OMFL and their status with me as the commish. So far the feedback has been 99% good.

I have had a conversation with an owner who, well honestly let me have it pretty good. I was told that a lot of you guys won't say it, but simply don't like me. I've made some mistakes, clearly a lot of them, but I want to make things right. I want to make the OMFL strong and make it right.

To do this I am putting out a 'questionnaire' so to speak. Basically two open ended questions and comments. 1st - what do you think of the OMFL and your status in the OMFL. 2nd - What if anything needs to be improved with the OMFL and its leadership. 3rd - Your open to give me any and all comments that you feel towards me and the things I personally can do to make things better. You can send a PM to SaintsDave who will edit out all names and put all comments in an email and email it to me in a week. This is your chance to tell me how you feel, good or bad.

I will also continue to talk with each of you as much as possible on AIM to keep it private. There are rumors and I am willing to face those rumors and face what comes with them. I know the OMFL is here to stay. Yes, I have struggled with what to do with my personal ownership here in the OMFL, but I do know I want whats best for the league and it's owners. I am here to stay, as long as I am wanted to stay. If I am causing issues and holding the league back, then I will take the necessary steps in fixing these issues.

Things are not perfect in the OMFL, but they are strong. The future it bright and this season is going to be one of the best.

We have some things to work through. Me personally and also as a league. Things like when to start, rosters, changes, ect. I can't promise you how it will work out, but I can promise you that it WILL work out. The OMFL is stronger than ever.

We also welcome our new premier brothers in the PMFL. We will miss our owner Chunk who is their Co-Commish, but we also understand their growth and need for his attention. I welcome and look forward to a great brotherhood and working relationship between the two leagues. There is nothing but great things coming from them and a ton of great owners.

Things are great in the OMFL. We will be starting soon. There will be bumps and bruises but we will continue to grow, make mistakes, fix them, and flourish.

The best is yet to come OMFL. Let's get ready for a great season.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEE!

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Dunlap already told me he would be wearing a cute dress and stilettos for our 1st Podcast this season.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Thanks Sci...I just spit my coffee all over my laptop..

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Now this gets me pumped! Good statement Nate!

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im so ready to get this going.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Way to round up the troops commish lets get it on, well after I repair my PS3 anyway :-(

8. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

I'm new but good statement, can't wait to get the season started!

9. natedawg212000

Dave said he has not received any info from any owners, this is your chance to tell us what you think if you so choose to do so.

10. natedawg212000

Just a little bump for those who haven't read

11. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Any openings?

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

There is a thread for guys wanting to join up. Just post in there with info that is asked for and you can get on the list.