Game issues/setting suggestions

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by GDip, Aug 27, 2012.

1. GDip

GDip Walk On

Sorry if there is already a thread for this I looked and couldn't find one.

First, has anyone notice the effects of the wind are sometimes reversed. In other words, my kicks go farther kicking against the wind than with it.

Also, I remember reading that RadarRider wants to put the pass rush at 100. While I haven't tried that setting yet, I don't see a need to. Both me and the CPU are getting a couple sacks everygame, so it's where it needs to be IMO.

So what have you guys found? I will continue to update this and invite everyone else to do the same!

2. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

I would say put speed threshold at 0... Sometimes it seems like almost any player who gets behind the defense can take it to the house lol...
    Penalties? Seems to not be that many at all (only holding calls). But I wouldn't want to turn it up to the point where they are too common.
    Pass reaction? Sometimes the defense will seemingly ignore the ball in the air - maybe my DBs are just no good or a glitch?

Otherwise - I really don't think the settings needs to be tinkered with much of the settings. Gameplay seems realistic and I have always had realistic stats at the end of games. I end up with a reasonable number of sacks an interceptions as well as realistic pass and rushing yards.

3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I have stated in a previous post that the only "major" adjustment will be threshold and that is yet to be determined. All-Pro, Slow speed is the way to go.

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Try it with the settings we have stated 10 min quarters, 20 sec run off, slow speed and speed threshold at 30 I believe are the settings RadarRider stated. If I am incorrect Ken please feel free to correct me (y)

5. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Sorry, Try:
    All Pro
    10Min
    20 second run of,
    Slow Speed
    15 Threshold (Test it, if it works I would consider that a nice compromise)

6. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Where are the settings posted? I'm trying to run an offline lg and set it the same way as ours.

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Settings are posted in the rules thread but also here you go:

Quarter: 10 min
    Accel Clock: 20 sec
    Threshold Speed: 15
    Difficulty: All-Pro
    Game Speed: Slow

Nothing else should change (y)

8. GDip

GDip Walk On

Things I've noticed. In the scrimmage from our community the clock only runs off about 8-10 seconds which I think leads to my second and third issues: these games seem to be really high scoring and mine took quite a bit longer than an hour to play. From looking at the results of tournament thread theres quite a few blowouts and 40 and 50 burgers on the board.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

We can look into a minutes adjustment. play games outside of the community if you want to test out different times with league members.

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I noticed that also about the 8-10 seconds thing, I believe it's because the accel clock may not be on in the community settings I will have elemnt take a look as I believe he created the room. (y)

As for the high scoring thing, it is more lenient on the putting up big point totals right now as everyone is getting a feel for their team. However, I assure you during the season this in no way shape or form will be tolerated if a game is a blow out. I will simply not allow it, you will be required to run clock. I will be closely monitoring this. Now if it's 45-35 I'm not going to be on people for that.

11. Makoewler13

Makoewler13 Walk On

i just finished a game with aspect1 and it took well over an hour, although there was a slight lag that made it a little slow

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Using the community room, or own settings? I am trying to gauge if people are having issues with it because the accel clock isn't on, I noticed it in my game today.

13. Makoewler13

Makoewler13 Walk On

it was in the community

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I will have Elemnt check out the settings and make sure accel clock is down to so drops to 20 secs, if that still seems to be too long we will re-evaluate.

This weekend, RadarRider and myself will be playing a multitude of games against each other testing out the settings and trying to find what will work best as we want games just under an hour but still with a good feeling that they are getting enough plays per game in. Once we decide on them then we will be able to let everyone know of any changes ASAP so people can practice and get used to the settings.

We want this to be a good successful league so we will be doing everything we can to make sure it is right along with that and you can expect us to be working hard to make this the best league for Madden 13 on XBox, yes I said the best on XBox 360 here on TSO. However, we will only go as far as everyone wants us to go so this is where the input from you comes into play. I made the thread about questions comments concerns or issues aspect. I encourage anyone to ask anything in there and as soon as either Radar or myself can answer we certainly will. (y)

Fast Feet Pete
    Bryce Rogers
    Aspect1
    MS8403
    SFRANGER6969
    MartyBall101
    LB Fitted
    iBleedOrange247
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    Papa Perry
    RRAHx2
    kdpnutter
    Matthew Keves
    Makoewler13
    RichFire956
    SmashMouthFB33
    nellycuz
    SunofGod5
    The Rulah
    CTfromDC
    Drama84
    Boman5
    Elemnt
    gerg
    sschevyridah
    hugezombie
    GDip
    RadarRider
    Selvy9
    Sarvinator
    oneshot24

15. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

yea maybe a higher run off if possible? cus i wouldnt want to drop the game minutes down then it feels like we barely get realistic stats in

16. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

LB Fitted your gameface cracks me up everytime i look at it.

Anyways, i think an hour of gameplay is enough to get realistic stats and im sure no one here wants to play 1 game for over 60 minutes, but keep in mind that we gain XP off of players goals and stats. Normally i wouldnt care if London Fletcher had 4 tackles a game, but realistically, he had 166 tackles last year and led the league. Since madden xp is realistic, just keep in mind that for the sake of player progression we dont jip ourselves.

17. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

lol it amazes me how dead on it is minus the hair and random freckles lol

18. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Ok I posted this in the wrong thread by accident, I'll change my other post in a minute but give this a shot.

15 minutes
    14 second run off

*and I may have a decent all-pro slider set, will keep everyone updated.

kdpnutter RadarRider Elemnt

19. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

15 minute is too long. and its not clock run-off it is the minimum time on the PLay Clock before each play.

20. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

We ran a game with 8 minutes last night, I got my ass whipped but it took us about 60 minutes. It was slightly pass heavy game because I was playing from behind. My first game was run heavy and it was 10 min quarters and I felt like we were done in 45 mins.

Either way a playstyle shifts everything. The panthers run/pass ratio last year was 1 rush for every 1.15 passes. Pretty balanced offense and thats what I shoot for. Given that I think the happiness will run somewhere around the 10 minute quarter mark but maybe a slightly lower minimum time on play clock. 20 seconds I love from the "Peyton at the line" standpoint but realistically you don't need long. I do like to make a read on safties/db's and decide hike or audible to diferent play in the set. 10 seconds left is too little and 20 may be too much based on the length of the game. Maybe shoot somewhere in between? 14-16

21. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

14 second play clock is what I meant, and it doesn't feel too long on 15 with that run off.

22. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

15 min quarters is crazy...I'd say what we are playing our tournament games on right now is about right...

23. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I'm sure this isn't groundbreaking thinking, but the easiest way to speed up the game is to call your plays faster. If you take 20 seconds to pick a play, there's no clock acceleration and you're playing in real time. In the NFL coordinators call their plays very quickly usually...it then takes time to call it in and make personnel adjustments. It shouldn't be consistently taking longer than 7-10 seconds to call your play. if you do take longer, at least understand you're the reason the game takes so long.
    Shorten the clock to 15 seconds, call plays quicker, and you'll cut 10-15 minutes off your games. If 15 seconds isn't enough, hit A to rush your guys to the line pre-snap.

24. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Only problem with this is that you want to give guys a few seconds to set up their defense, not rushing every play.

25. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Right, but the D can try to anticipate based on down and distance what formation the offense will run, so if it's 3rd and 12 they can already be in the nickel/dime playbook and have a play in mind.