Game of the Week: Ohio State 48 Miami 22

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Jun 27, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

First off this game was a closely contested ballgame with a few crucial mistakes making a close game into the final result.​

First and foremost I want to give Coach Cocky a ton credit. His guys were prepared and ready to play and gave all we could handle. They're a good team, they will rebound and we might see them down the road again. Our guys were also well prepared on offense and defense. I told our guys if we were to win we needed to do three things. First we needed to force turnovers, second when we forced turnovers we needed to capitalize on them, and thirdly we needed to be smart with the football. Because we executed all three objectives we were successful, even with a controversial turnover. We executed our assignments to perfection; our gameball goes to Block O for allowing us to run for 250+ yards on the ground and 3 TD's (To a certain Big 10 School with strong LB's, pay attention). Our run game was successful that we only passed 9 times all game. We're going to enjoy this win tonight, and then its back to work preparing for Boise St.​

Thanks and GO BUCKS!!!

Questions will be taken now.​

2. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Lavar Aarington The daily Collegian

Coach GWILL....1st i'd like to quote myself, my prediction for last nights snoozefest, "I think it's over early. Miami tries to make a rally late to come within 17. A 31-7 lead turns into 41-24."
    Ohio St -41
    Miami - 24

I almost hit the game dead on! I knew the turmoil in Miami was real! Those kids played hard, but the focus, or should I say , the intangibles were definitely absent. Do you feel that Coach Cockies impending abandonment of his team had anything to do with the outcome of the game? On paper it looked close, However it was a blowout. Also, I asked you in the pre-game press conference, that if the game came down to coaching, do the 'Canes really have a chance. I guess they didn't! Your thoughts?

3. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I don't think that his potential coaching move had any effect on last night's game. They were going toe to toe with us until a turnover towards the end of the first half changed the game. After that, I think his team felt the effects of playing in the Shoe because the crowd never let up. When you make mistakes on the road they're hard to come back from and I think his team was over whelmed after that.

As far as coaching, they had a very solid gameplan. But like I said, they had a few turnovers and it knocked them out of their gameplan and coupled with fact our offense was rolling, they had to do anything to get back in the game. One major component of coaching is that you can only do what your team is executing.

4. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Lavar Aarington The Daily Collegian

Well coach.... Congratulations on this huge victory, your team looks unstoppable. Do you really think any team in the nation has a realistic chance in derailing the Buckeye's hopes for the 3-peat. I believe the last school to 3-peat in college football was the 1934-36 Minnesota Golden Gophers. Will you guarantee an undefeated season and stamp your Buckeye's as the only modern era college football dynasty?

5. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Gwill has a secret admirer that isn't so secret!