Game Of The Week Thread

Discussion in 'The Final Countdown' started by Bucs, May 11, 2014.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Week 1 Game of The Week: Cowboy Kickoff

[​IMG]

#13 [​IMG] vs #1 [​IMG]

Welcome to Dallas where we will kick off TFC Game of the Week Series. First up we have the Cowboy Classic where we have a match up of two power house teams anxious to start off Season 3 with a big statement win. Austin1990 's #13 Virginia will face hornfaninbama 's #1 Alabama . Virginia comes in as two time back to back undefeated National Champion but the pollsters are showing him no respect with a #13 ranking to start the season. He gets to prove them wrong right off the bat by facing a team the pollsters love in #1 Alabama. The Tide are no slouch coming off an impressive BCS win over Michigan and an SEC title.

Virginia hasn't lost in two seasons since Coach Powers has taken over and show no signs of letting up . Alabama is the storied program out to prove that IT is the best team in the nation. The immovable force meets the unstoppable object or however that saying goes. Should make for a great game.

Offensive Edge: I give the edge in the category to Virginia. While the talent on paper favors Alabama by a country mile they are unveiling a brand new pistol offense in Tuscaloosa, while Virginia has run the triple option to two national title.

Defensive Edge: Alabama. If any body can slow down or stop this option attack it is this defense. They are deep and just athletic enough to maybe poke a few holes . I don't think they will completely stifle UVA, but they might just be able to make a few stops at key times.

Players To Watch: Alabama's TJ Yeldon. He has the potential to dictate the flow of the entire game. Virginia's David Watford . UVA WILL have to pass well against Bama.

Keys to The game: The Virginia Defense. Not quite sure that they will be able to stand up to the Alabama offense that features weapons like TJ Yeldon , Amari Cooper and Chester Ingram. UVA lost a lot on that side of the ball compared to last season.

Prediction: All the empirical data says it isn't smart to bet against UVA, but I'm predicting Alabama in a 35-31 Victory.

Other Games to Keep an Eye On: #8 Texas (MaxATX34 ) vs #17 Florida State (recchem2000 )

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Great write up man!

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Week 2 Game of the Week : New Faces, New Places

[​IMG]

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

This week North Carolina (Papa Perry ) will host Oklahoma (Baron ) in a match up of two of the newest coaches in The Final Countdown. Both these guys are looking to bring their squads back to relevance and this Week 2 match up will give them a good barometer of where exactly their teams are . UNC is coming off a nice win over South Carolina to start the season while Oklahoma beat up on Pac 12 Oregon State.

Offensive Edge:
    Oklahoma. This was a close one but I think the Sooner offense will have an easier match up today against the UNC Defense.

Defensive Edge: Oklahoma. They are a deeper squad than the Tar Heels and I believe they have more play makers on that side of the ball.

Players To Watch: For North Carolina watch SR QB Marquise Williams , he is quite the athlete and will be a handful running around back there. Also watch HB Romar Morris his 92 speed and 99 acceleration is nothing to play with. For Oklahoma WR Sterling Sheppard is quite the deep threat with 98 acceleration, 93 spectacular catch and 90 catch. Charles Tapper is a terror at the LE spot for the Sooners as well with 93 acceleration coming of the edge and 92 pursuit, he could be a disruptive in the run and pass game.

Keys to The game: North Carolina's offense will have to play a great game if they hope to win. Limit the turnovers and control the clock. For Oklahoma they must force UNC QB Marquise Williams to beat them with his arm and not his legs. Make the Tar Heels pass and they will lose this saturday.

Prediction: Oklahoma 35-21.

Last Weeks Game:
    Virginia proved me wrong and ran all over the Alabama defense for 5 scores on the ground, while Bama QB Chester Ingram threw 3 interceptions that really hurt the Tide cause in this one. UVA proves its still the team to beat. UVA won 42-31

Other Games to Keep an Eye On:
    UofCWildcat and his Kentucky team hosts #4 Louisville in a rivalry game. Also #3 Oregon goes on the road to face #15 Michigan State.

• Like Like x 5