Game of the Week: Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by VTEaZyE86, Aug 19, 2009.

1. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Game of the Week: Week 10

Since the Game of the Week is my game against USC, I just copied and pasted from my team thread. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#1 Southern California Trojans at Arizona State Sun Devils

9:00PM EST on ESPN2

Records:
    USC: 8-0 (5-0)
    ASU: 6-2 (4-1)

Last Game
    USC: 45-28 W at Oregon
    ASU: 34-16 W vs. Cal

Kirk's Pick: ??
    Lee's Pick: ??

Preview
    In a game that has huge Pac-10 championship implications, the USC Trojans travel to Tempe, Arizona to face the Arizona State Sun Devils. With the loss by Oregon State last week to UCLA, the winner of this game becomes the outright leader of the conference.

Last year, the Trojans shut out Arizona State 28-0 in Los Angeles, which increased their win streak to 9 over the Sun Devils. Although they didn't score, the Sun Devils were able to pick off Mark Sanchez 3 times but couldn't stop Joe McKnight's running attack, as he piled up 141 yards. Unfortunately for USC, both of those players have since left the school.

Of the returning starters, Dmitri Nance had the most impact. He had 64 yards on the ground and 34 yards receiving. Danny Sullivan was picked twice and USC's CJ Gable had 30 yards on 7 carries. These returning players look to take the game over this year for both teams.

Arizona State has won 4 in a row, led by senior quarterback Sullivan, who has thrown for over 1600 yards and 13 scores so far. Junior running back Nance is averaging 90 yards a game on the ground while Omar Bolden has been on fire for the Sun Devil defense. USC is led by first year starter Aaron Corp on offense while Gable carries the load in the backfield.

The ultimate question will be can the Arizona State Sun Devils crack the top 10 defense of USC. The offense hasn't been as high powered as it has been in recent years but they still seem to click when needed.

Prediction
    Both teams come out the gate slow. The Trojans find opponent territory first but can't mount anything. ASU should be able to work the intermediate passing game, while Dmitri Nance doesn't get going until midway through the 3rd quarter. Aaron Corp will be the offense for the Trojans, as Gable will be contained by the d-line of the Sun Devils. But, a late mistake by Corp leads to Omar Bolden continuing his streak with an interception return for a touchdown in his 4 straight game.

Final Score: ASU 27 .. USC 24

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

if u arent up by 3 scores in the fourth i gotta go with USC and their robo qb....they can score in no time once that 2 min drill starts

3. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

I think this a clock management game. If I can control the clock and not make mistakes, I should win this game.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Good luck VT. If you win and control the Pac10...you could face me in the Rose. If USC wins...idk who I could face...lol. Gotta hope for a Fighting Illini loss though and 2 wins against Indiana and Mich St....(y)

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

well good luck regardless!!!

6. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

USC would have a 2 game lead on the conference with 2 to play so they would clinch the Pac-10 with a win, I think. If I remember correctly, I'm the last 1 loss team left in conference play (maybe Arizona?)

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

USC is numer 2 in the nation....if they win they may be going to the NC

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

If you guys would look at the standing i posted... lol.. jk

Arizona is right there as well with you with 1 loss. They still have to play Oregon, ASU and USC... Next year will be better because maybe USC will lose at the helm of a user lol..(Being that they will be a user)

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Big10/Pac10 Race is almost as intenese as the Big12 over in SoCo....almost...

10. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Had to edit the original post ... USC is #1

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

2 last week lol

12. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Mid-game update: I'm down 27-17 with 1:47 to go in the 3rd. I've had 3 2nd half comebacks this year, but my offense is getting destroyed. I've thrown 4 picks and made the change at QB, benching Sullivan in the 3rd. My TDs have been pick-6s, including Omar Bolden's 4th game with one.

USC is insane

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Robo Corp...

Minnesota is down 7-0 to Illi at the moment...don't have a time of game

14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

VT. Ye they are. At least it won't be such a big letdown if u were behind the whole game..........I was up by 2 td. And they blew by me wit three mins left it's just insane

15. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

41-17 loss. I'll put the summary up later tonight. Really frustrating. I threw 7 picks. Nothing worked. If I had anything going, the next time I tried it, picked off. I got destroyed.

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

So USC is pretty much NC bound now huh. Who does that fit into rosebowl?

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well...if Minn beats Illi...PSU (me :D) is looking at the Rose Bowl. Illi wins...I believe Illi get the nod. Opponent...that I do not know. At-Large bid. I dont remember who is #2 behind USC...

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Minnesota beat Illini...so this is how the Rose Bowl could look depending on these last few weeks. Im not a BCS wizard, but this is how I think it will fall.

You got USC v Oklahoma in the Natty

My prediction for Rose Bowl as of now...

Penn State v Boise St

It's a BCS SHAKE UP!!!!!

19. DC

DC Shake n Bake

lol ....crazy how 1 loss kicks u from contending .....who votes for a playoff system lol

20. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Im doing some..."PSU TO THE NATTY!!!" Dreamin'...there is still alot of football to be played so that Rose Prediction may change....

Here are the top 8...before the week advances and the PSU v OSU game gets accounted for...and some games they have to get through yet...

1. OU-Neb, Tech, OkSt, Big12 Champ
    2. USC-2 Users...UCLA and Arizona
    3. UF-Florida St, SEC Champ
    4. VT-Maryland, NCSt, ACC
    5. WVU-Rutgers, Pitt
    6. Boise St-LaTech, Nevada, NMSU
    7. Rutgers-WVU, USF
    8. PSU-Indiana, Mich St

Now...I don't think I'll make the Natty. Teams 1-7 are all undefeated...2 (USC and UF) are pretty much ROBO. I'm thinking PSU v Boise in Rose.

This is being copy/pasted to Big10 Talk to keep this going..