Game of the Week: Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by VTEaZyE86, Aug 25, 2009.

1. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Game of the Week: Week 12

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#15 Ohio State University Buckeyes (8-3, 5-2) at Universtiy of Michigan Wolverines (5-6, 4-3)

12:00 on ESPN/ABC

Last Game
    OSU: 23-10 W vs. Iowa
    UM: 17-10 W at Wisconsin

Lee's Pick: OSU
    Kurt's Pick: UM
    What a shocker!!

Preview
    One of the best rivalries in college football gets renewed this week, as the Buckeyes tangle with the Wolverines at Michigan Stadium. This is the 106th meeting between the schools, with Michigan holding the edge in the series 57-42-6. Although Michigan holds the series lead, Ohio State has won the past 5 meetings, which included a 42-3 win last year at the Horseshoe.

This year, the rivalry turns to Michigan Stadium, where Michigan looks to continue its 3 game winning streak. Everything is on the line for the Wolverines this week as a win sends them to a bowl game for the first time in the sdid22 era. After losing their first 5 games, Michigan turned things around by winning 5 of their next 6. A win against the rival Buckeyes would ultimately make fans forget the start of the year with a huge finish and a post-season berth. Michigan has had problems at QB with Tate Forcier throwing 25 interceptions, compared to only 10 TDs but the coaching staff has stuck with him this year. The Wolverine offense has struggled all year but the defense has kept them in games.

Some Buckeye fans see this year as somewhat of a failure. Although they have won 6 out of their last 7, they lost crucial Big Ten contests to Illinois and Penn State to knock them out of the running for the conference championship. An early season loss to now-#1 USC put their hopes of a BCS at-large berth to rest as well. Terrell Pryor has really come into his own this season, throwing for nearly 3000 yards and 28 touchdowns. Daniel Herron has already eclipsed the 1000 yards mark on the ground this year while DB Kurt Coleman has lead the defense all year in tackles and interceptions.

Prediction
    Ohio State comes to play on the road and ends Michigan's season. The Wolverines will come out strong, on senior day and their season on the line, but in the end the Buckeye offense will be too much and the defense will force Forcier to throw his 30th interception of the season.

Ohio State 35 ... Michigan 13

Good luck to both tOSU and sdid

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

osu 42-38

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

OSU:31
    Mich: 26

4. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

The question remains: Was my prediction of Forcier's 30th interception true or not?

I seem to hit (or come pretty damn close) to one if not both teams scores in my predictions.

5. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

He needed 2 for 30. He had 28 going into that game.

If I could bet on these games, I'd probably be a millionaire.

If anyone knows how to handicap games, I could start putting point spreads on the games as well.