Game of the Week: Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Mar 31, 2011.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    GAME OF THE WEEK
    [​IMG]at [​IMG]
    #19 OSU #8 USC​
    (3-2) (5-1)​
    A big time game that's going to be played in a big time setting, the Coliseum as its called will play host to the most intriguing matchup of the week.​
    The Oregon State Beavers will come into town riding a two game winning streak after their head coach was suspended for an NCAA allegation. At the time of press, Coach MG was sending text messages to potential recruits. A big no-no in the NCAA world. The Beavers however have done well without him, and I am sure they can continue their success behind offensive trio of QB Sean Mannion, HB Malcolm Marable, and newcomer WR Tim Fagan. Since coach MG arrived in Corvallis, the heart of his team has been Marable. If Marable rushes for over 100 yards then the Beavers are pretty much in control. The defense is led by LOLB Shaydon Akuna. Despite his small size (6'0" 224lbs), Akuna can pack a punch when it comes. His speed enables him to cover the short zone on his side of the field. He will definitely need it when going up against the vaunted USC offense.​
    Coach Tuco and the mighty Trojans of USC have been the class of the Pac-10 over the course of our league, except when Oregon lucked through the conference last year. Over the course of the last few years USC has ran a full out spread offense that loves to sling the ball around. With great wideouts who wouldn't. These Trojans rival some of the great teams of USC's past. So much talent I don't even know where to begin. To me the defense of the Trojans may be the best yet under Tuco. He has recruited great DEs and the secondary is coached up by FS Dion Bailey. Bailey has picked off 3 passes so far this year. However, the biggest thing going for the Trojans is the intimidation factor. One of the toughest challenges in College Football is to go into the Coliseum and beat the LA loved Trojans.​
    This is a tough one to pick. My mind tells me to go with USC, but my heart tells me to decide against the Trojan (pun intended). I'm gonna go with the Trojans to win by 7. Gl fellas​

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

This should be a great game. If I am a betting man, and I am, I will have to go with USC for this one.

BTW Bob, Oregon has won the conference twice in the last four seasons ;)

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea I know just creating buzz

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

the talent wins it for usc in the end close game tho

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I'm going with USC in this one. Had MG been playing with his Beavs I might have taken him in an upset.