Game of the Week - Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by FacePlant City, Jul 30, 2011.

1. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Game of the Week

Week 9

#7 USC (6-0) vs #15 Notre Dame (5-1)

W/L

Notre Dame: A few weeks ago, I had predicted an underdog ND team to lose to a tough Ohio State team and was proven very wrong by a well coached team coached by MoonBBad. While Moon did prove himself in a tough early season game, he found himself following up that win with a loss to a highly-ranked Nebraska team a few weeks later. Other than that one loss this season, Notre Dame has been winning. However, if you look at their schedule so far, their wins have all been by slim margins. This is not a favoring statistic for the Fighting Irish as they go up against a team who has been handling their opponents emphatically.

USC: USC is the undefeated team in this matchup and, except for the first two games of the season, have not given any reason to doubt why. While some of USC's opponents haven't been as tough as ND's, USC is still completely dominating each and every opponent. USC had a crucial win against user-controlled, highly ranked LSU in the early going and have not looked back.

Rank/Stats

This game pits two highly ranked teams against each other. Notre Dame has been playing great defense all years and deserves credit for doing so, while USC is dominating the offense game, primarily on the ground. USC ranks #9 in Total Offense and #2 in Rush Offense while Notre Dame's Rush Defense is ranked #8. These two rushing categories will be the biggest key in the game. If USC can't get their running game going with the legs of Marc Tyler, then ND will be controlling the game like they have throughout the year.

Prediction

I think this game will be pretty close and could go either way ONLY if the running game for USC is halted. If this is not the case, I expect Notre Dame to lose containment on a monster USC offense and I would not expect any competition on the offensive side for Notre Dame (who rank pretty low in all offensive categories).

USC wins this game 35-17 if Marc Tyler is able to gain yards at will. If not, this game is completely up in the air and may even be more in Notre Dame's corner.

MORE INFORMATION TO COME FOLLOWING GAME'S CONCLUSION

2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Nice job

3. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

niuhuskie224

Rumor has it Notre Dame's Coach Kelly has told a staffer to have the Green Jerseys ready for this match up. When asked on campus WR Michael Floyd responded, "Man, I don't know. It's always a surprise, we'll go out and do our pre-game warmups and the jerseys will be there when we get back to the locker room. It fires us up and the fans too. It would be sweet man. You know, big game, USC, ND, South Bend, it's always a spectacle. We're excited to get it going."

4. MoonBBad

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I gotta roll with my fellow big ten member in this one!

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Hoping for a Notre Dame win, but the smart money would have to be on USC purely because ND has a shitty defensive line, and USC is good up front and in the backfield. ND might be able to stop the run if Manti Teo is utilized correctly, though.

7. MoonBBad

Check out who the NCAA sack leader is right now. ;)

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

That doesn't mean they're good. (y)