Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Freshmen Orientation' started by nellycuz, Jul 26, 2013.

1. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Week 8 features a huge matchup in the American Conference as 5-0 #1 Louisville takes on 4-1 UCF
    ucfvlou.gif
    UCF and QB Blake Bortles travel to U of L to face an undefeated Louisville squad in which could turn out to be their first true test this season.
    Louisville sfranger6969
    Louisville hasn't been putting up huge numbers on offense this year, however they are winning games by not turning the ball over. They have had a couple of close games this season, most recently escaping a near loss vs Wyoming 20-17. QB Teddy Bridgewater has only 1 INT on the year which is really impressive.
    PLAYER TO WATCH:
    bridge.gif
    UCF aspect1
    UCF plays to a different tune. They rely on their offensive fire power and put up big numbers. Averaging 45.2 points per game, they are putting up points, and a lot of them. Biggest reason for that is QB Blake Bortles. This kid is throwing the ball all around the field, with accuracy. Can Louisville's defense stop this kid?
    PLAYER TO WATCH:
    blake.gif
    KEY MATCHUP
    [​IMG]QB BLAKE BORTLES v.s. [​IMG] Team Defense
    Ok, let's break this down. This dude Bortles has 18 TD in 5 games. That's 3.6 TDs a game! As I stated before, their offense as a whole averages 45.2 points per game. Louisville defense is giving up a stingy 13.6 points per game. Sounds like an intruging game right? I'm excited just writing about it! And the cherry on top is, oh yea, Louisville is #1 in the NATION. I'm stoked and look for a great game, great summary by one of these two teams.
    PREDICTION
    Being a Steeler fan and prouding myself on great defense wins games, I have to go with the 'Ville in this one. Blake Bortles has had his way with everyone he's played thus far and it's going to come to a stop with this game. Teddy Bridgewater is capable of going toe to toe with Bortles if this turns into a shootout. Louisville has homefield advantage and the #1 ranking, I think they stay undefeated for another week.
    Lousiville 42 UCF 38

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Awesome stuff, Im going to have a tuff time stopping anyone this year. My defense is terrible.

3. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Great writeup man. I cannot wait to play this game now!!!

4. nellycuz

lol thanks...I want you undefeated when we play last game of season, could be for the conf. title! I wish one of you guys could stream this game or had a video capture but you guys don't...do you?

5. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

I dont sorry.

6. nellycuz

[​IMG]

Week 9
    [​IMG] Air Force (3-4) RRAHx2 vs. [​IMG] #8 Notre Dame (3-2)
    Deciding the game of the week this week was tough. As USF (4-1) takes on Louisville (5-0), it will have big implications on the American Conference however, I wanted to get a game in the other conference, and this one stood out. Air Force isn't looking like it will contend for a conference title, so this very well could make or break their season!
    AIR FORCE FALCONS
    Losses: Wyoming, Boise St, USF, SDSU
    Wins: Utah St, Nevada, Navy
    Averages just over 17 points per game, Air Force goes into this matchup as a HUGE underdog. They are giving up 26.4 points a game with a challenging schedule. They held #9 Boise State to 17 points but just came up short only scoring 10 in week 3. I know coach rrah will have his players up for this game. With a win, he could put his job in check for years to come.
    PLAYER TO WATCH
    af DT.gif
    I suspect AF defense will be on the field plenty in this game, and this kid will have his opportunities. Nick Fitzgerald is averaging over 1 TFL per game and just under 1 sack per game. He has to get in the backfield multiple times if AF wants any shot at winning this one.
    NOTRE DAME
    Losses: Purdue, #13 Oklahoma
    Wins: #25 Michigan St, #23 Michigan, Temple, USC?
    Notre Dame is averaging around 30 points per game, which is right around what AF is giving up. Look for them to at least put up 30 on AF this week. From the stats, it looks like ND runs a 2 QB offense. Neither of them seem to be any speed demons (under 80 spd for both), however they both look pretty accurate. One may have been injured earlier in the season, but I can't confirm that at the moment. Both of their stats aren't too impressive.
    PLAYER TO WATCH
    nd wr.gif
    No real standoouts on defense, QB play is mediocre, and having 5+ players with rushing TDs, this guy is the only standout on either side of the ball. Jones has 32 receptoins in 6 games, 552 receiving yards! RRAH take note! A little scouting report for ND, cover this dude! Not real tall, not real fast, but having 80+ catching/spec catch, he won't drop much.
    KEY MATCHUP
    Notre Dame WR nd wr.gif
    vs
    AIR FORCE CB af cb.gif
    I think this will be the matchup to watch in this one. At 6-0 Steffon Batts will have the height advantage (although a small one) against this WR TJ Jones. However, Jones seems to catch anything that comes at him only having 2 drops on the season and 32 catches in 6 games. If Steffon Batts can hang with this guy and limit him to under 60 yards in this game, I think it will better AF's chances of the upset. Should be an intriguing battle between these two.
    PREDICTION
    Since I didn't go with the underdog last week, and rrah is one of the coach's I've known for a while, I'm picking the dogs in this one. When I looked at the QB stats for ND, they weren't impressive. Their defensive stats weren't impressive. They give up points, but they spread the ball around on offense so they don't have the superstar that performs week in and week out. I think if AF can play a near perfect play calling game by the head coach, they will have a good chance to win the game. That means locking down WR TJ Jones. I predict Jones goes for under 70 yards and AF gets their first win against a top 25 opponent in coach rrah's era.
    Air Force 31 - ND 30

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Again nice writeup

8. nellycuz

Week 11
    [​IMG]
    Fresno St GDip (6-2) vs Wyoming Hitmhrd72 (6-2)
    This week features two 6-2 conference foes that will be competing for a MWC championship this year. Coach GDip and Fresno St have lost both games vs user opponents this year. However they did beat ranked #8 Boise St to give them their only loss on the year thus far. This will be a good test for Gdip to see if his squad is ready to compete for that conference title.
    On the other side of the ball, coach hitmhrd72 and Wyoming have gone an impressive 4-1 vs users, only losing to #10 Lousiville. Their only other loss on the season was against current #1 Nebraska by a touchdown. Wyoming has shown they are a force to be reckoned with and look to make it 5-1 against users in week 11.
    KEY MATCHUP
    mhuff wy.gif (Wyoming)
    vs.
    isbruce.gif WR Fresno
    I picked this matchup for a few reasons. Fresno has 16 TDs through the air, and also 15 INTS. They also have a good amount of TDs on the ground distributed to about 3-4 players. I predict this game to be high scoring and this will be the marquee matchup. Isaiah Bruce is FS top WR and should be matched up with Wyomings top CB Huff. Huff leads the team with 3 INTS and as Fresno's QB throws plenty of them, look for him to get his hands on a few passes and possibly make a game changing play.
    PREDICTION
    My prediction for this game is a rather easy one. While I see a high scoring game, turnover difference usually tells the tale. With Fresno's QB pretty much throwing just as many INTs as TDs, I'm going with Wyoming in this game. To add to that, Wyoming is 4-1 vs Users this year and has plenty of experience playing them. No brainer here.... Wyoming by 2 scores...
    Wyoming 48 Fresno State 35

• Like Like x 2
  9. nellycuz

WEEK 12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG] oneshot24
    The Bearcats visit Rutgers this week in which will be a pivotal game for both teams. UC has 2 losses on the season, most recent the upset at last place Memphis. They will be fired up and looking to take down one of the top dogs in the American Conference. They had trouble getting their running game going last game and tried to force it instead of relying on SR QB B. Kay. "We need to take what the defense gives us, if they're stopping the run, we need to throw it all over and vice versa" said coach nellycuz.
    Rutgers come into this game at 7-1 and off a bye week. Their only loss was to Wyoming and coach @hitmhard72. Rutgers are currently on a 5 game win streak and look to continue on that streak. Coach patsfan has had a previous matchup or 2 with coach nellycuz in madden, but neither are too familiar with each other. "I have a feel for what coach nellycuz wants to do, but this is a different game, a different team...so we will feel UC out just like any other team, then go from there," said patsfan.
    KEY MATCHUP
    slonga.gif vs UC O-LINE
    While looking over Rutgers team, this guy stood out in a hurry. With 91SPEED as a LOLB, he already has 13 sacks on the season, almost averaging two a game! This will be a huge challenge for UC and coach nellycuz as they haven't seen this kind of pass rush this year. If UC can double this guy and keep him from QB Kay, they will have a chance to win this game.
    PREDICTION
    I ate my humble pie this morning and for that reason I'm going with Rutgers to win this game (that and I've been wrong more than right with these :D). If I remember correctly, patsfan has some stick skills and likes to attack through the air. Although I don't think it will be a blowout, I'm predicting the Rutgers hang on to a 10 point victory.
    UC 28 RU 38

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013