Game of the Week.....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hokie Effect, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Game of the Week.....

Va Tech @ Alabama lived up to the hype. Big plays, turnovers, and maybe some luck.

Alabama down 14 less the 3 mins to play scores with less the 2mins on the clock. Decide to kickoff instead of trying the onside. Bama's D forces the Hokies to punt. After fumbling the punt return Bama scoops it up and sets itself up on the Tech side of the field. Less then a 15 secs to play Alabama is inside the 10 thanks to a 20 yd QB scramble. Alabama hits a quick slant and as the reciever looks to walk in the endzone for the tie he coughs it up on the 1. Tech recovers and takes a knee to sneakl away with the win.

Va Tech 31 - Alabama 24

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

That 1 hurt!!! V-tech is know for forcing TOs...
    The other big play was 2nd qtr,down 7-10 V-tech kicks a FG to tie at 10-10. The ensuing kickoff is fumbled by Bama then scooped and scored to close the 2nd half 17-10 Tech. Changed the game big time.

3. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

That 1 hurt!!! V-tech is know for forcing TOs...
    The other big play was 2nd qtr,down 7-10 V-tech kicks a FG to tie at 10-10. The ensuing kickoff is fumbled by Bama then scooped and scored to close the 2nd half 17-10 Tech. Changed the game big time.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wow! What a crazy way to start the season. Congrats Hokie. Sounds like just bad luck for Bama. Either of you guys got a video of the last play?

5. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Man that sounds like a great game

6. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I was to demoralized to save the video....I did watch it however, I was closer to the 4 yard line but if he didn't strip me would had time for a dramatic last play.
    One of the bet games I've seen though.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Damn.....forgot all bout you can save highlights. I will have to make a mental note for next time.

Yeah the kickoff after I tied the game 10-10, when I scooped up the fumble for 6 was a huge turning point. Game was a good chess match at the beginning, no one really taking many chances. First game jitters I guess.

My offense really couldn't put anything together. I did have an 80yd screen pass that went the distance and a couple of option plays with the superman pitch. Other than that just played it safe and the ball ended up bouncing my way.

Good game with a great opponent. Good luck the rest of the season 'Bama and remember beat those Gators!!!!!

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

There was another epic last night.

FSU - Miami went down to the wire as well.

FSU wom 28-24 in Doak Campbell Stadium on a TD pass with 30 seconds left in the game. I had a chance to salt the game away up 24-21 with about 3 minutes left but he, for the first time all game, stopped Graig Cooper from getting that last first down to run out the clock. On 3-14 Jacory Harris threw a int at around mid field and The Seminoles had enough time to get the ball in the endzone to take the lead with like 38 seconds to go. Even at that I got the ball back and made a couple of decent gains to get myself into position to throw it into the endzone a few times. Those of course came up empty and Fla State escaped with a big win.

Miami has nothing to hang their heads about, although I can feel Killajo's pain because it was gut wrenching. We both played an excellent game. This won't be the last game the Seminoles win. Ducemac is good on the sticks and that's a very good football team. I held my own but just didn't come out on top that time. No doubt in my mind if we played that fourth quarter scenario 10 times I'd win 5 for sure.

Either way great game Ducemac. We'll see you in Coral Gables next year, and we'll be ready.

9. Ducemac

Ducemac Walk On

ya that was a great game castortroy. U played some great offence and u def had me scared when it came down to the end but good game man we will meet agine.

10. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

hey guys, I wanted to suggest we move these kinds of discussions to the game summaries thread on top. Should help keep this more organized. Just a suggestion though.

Also, I want to remind you guys that have played user games already, don't forget to post some scouting reports in the thread up top also. Should make games more interesting down the road as we will gain an understanding of each other as well as ourselves.