Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by C Young, Jul 17, 2011.

1. C Young

C Young Walk On

Week 1

Ohio State - USC takes the cake this week. Yep, I had a bird's eye view of this 52-45 shootout and with 2 national powerhouses meeting it didn't dissappoint. G Will got the victory with a HUGE stop on the 1 yd line in OT to seal the Buckeye victory. Going forward if we can have a game of this magnitude entertain the crowd HALF as much as this one, the league is in good hands!

2. C Young

C Young Walk On

Week 3

The week doesn't even need to be over for me to declare OSU-Oregon the game of the week! What a defensive slugfest - FG's were the scoring method of choice for this one lol. If only USC could learn how to play defense like these two teams they might not be in a 1-2 hole to start the season. Normally when the two QB's throw for 6 ints combined I'd say it was an incredibly ugly game, but I know the caliber of player these two are and this was not ugly by any means! G Will didn't go down without a fight, but it looks like we may be crowning a new BCS champ this year!

3. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Isnt the game of the week supposed to be before the game is actually played. i know its your content but it would be more fun if you picked the game of the week before the game was actually played.

4. C Young

C Young Walk On

I agree - I wanna do it that way its just tough if someone gets the "Game of the Week" in before I write something up lol. But going forward I'll do that I like it more as well.

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I'm glad you didn't take my comment the wrong way. I just remember last year I always looked forward to the game of the week content.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

If you have any ideas to make my freshman of the week better let me know.

7. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Pick a Seminole

8. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

you mean a semenole?

9. C Young

C Young Walk On

Game Of The Week - Week 5

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

The FSU Seminoles and Clemson Tigers, both fresh off their first losses of the season go head to head in this ACC clash in Week 5. Who will get a leg up in the race to represent the Atlantic division in the ACC Championship?? The 'Noles will most certainly look to establish Heisman Trophy candidate Chris Thompson (RB - Jr.) is the premier threat to the Tigers in this game. Clemson's big space-eating DT Brandon Thompson (no relation...I think!) will look to contain the elusive RB if the Tigers have ANY shot at beating the Seminoles. That being said, Rs-Soph QB Tajh Boyd is no slouch himself - the Dual-Threat (although Clay hasn't threatened with him much on the ground :)) QB could end up giving Seminole defense a tough time as they can never sit comfortably or Boyd might take off. I look for this to be a hard fought game, both teams are well-respected in the ACC. The 'Noles offensive line is full of some serious hogs, and I look for them to honestly dominate on the ground throughout the 2nd half after wearing the Tigers D-Line down. The Seminoles will walk into Death Valley, take Clemson's soul - and exit right back down to Tallahasse. My humble prediction is 38-28 Florida State University.