Game Of The Week

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by texacotea, Aug 2, 2011.

1. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

#2 Arkansas @ #3 South Carolina
    By the Numbers

Both teams come into this matchup with asperations on a MNC. With both teams undefeated it looks to be a good possibility for one of these teams to play in the MNC game. Statisticaly both teams look to be even.

We will dive into the numbers now.

QB

Arky Tyler Wilson
    107-200 1628yrds 19td 14int

SC Stephen Garcia
    102-205 1579 14td 17int

Wilson has the better numbers across the board here, not much seperates them numbers wise but the one glaring issue with both these guys is the amount of INTs between them both. Look for both secondaries to be chomping at the bit to get these guys in long passing situations,

RB

Arky Knile Davis
    202 carries 1151yrds 13td

SC Marcus Lattimore
    183 carries 1296yrds 14td

Again here we have very similar numbers between the 2 backs with total yards and ypc going to SC's Lattimore. Davis has seen the endzone 13 times and looks to make it a couple more against a defense that let Ole Miss RB Jeff Scott have a field day on them.

WR

Arky Joe Adams
    24 rec 382yrds 7td
    Arky Greg Childs
    23 rec 349yrds 5td

SC Alshon Jeffery
    51 rec 936yrds 9td
    SC Ace Sanders
    25 rec 372yrds 4td

Alshon has set himself apart from this group with doubling the output of the Razorbacks leading receiver. Garcia has a trust with Jeffery and it shows from the gap between Alshon and the #2 receiver. Arkansas has 2 consistant big play receivers in Adams ans Childs.

Defensive

Arky MLB Jerry Franklin
    31 tackles
    Arky LE Jake Bequette
    27 tackels 23 TFL

SC Shaq Wilson
    25 tackles 11 TFL
    SC Rodney Paulk
    25 tackles 10 TFL 3 INT

Arkansas defense is led by Franklin who leads the team in tackles. The eyepopping number is the havoc that Bequette has caused in the backfield with 23 tfl. The Gamecock offensive line with have its hands full with Bequette this week. South Carolina is led by LB Rodney Paulk who has shares similar numbers to Wilson but has the 3 ints to give him the slight edge.

These 2 teams look very similar on paper and will look to knock the other out of the top spot in the SEC. The winner of this game might also jump to #1 in the BCS rankings.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This should be a great one! I don't suppose either of you can record can you?

3. texacotea

texacotea Walk On

No I cant, i had it once but never could get it to work right so I got rid of it

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nautica can, I think.

Nice preview btw.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I could but it would be HORRIBLE quality. Worse than Dakota's actually.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Yeah, I should have bought the Hauppage.