GAME OF THE WEEK!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Donkalion, Aug 22, 2012.

?

#9 Oregon Ducks vs. #8 USC Trojans Who will Win?

1. #9 Oregon Ducks

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. #8 USC Trojans

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Toss up?

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

The decision for game of the week for week 9 was hard. We had #15 Oklahoma vs. #5 Iowa State and #16 TCU vs. #6 West Virginia, but no game this week has so much on the line then

#8 Oregon Ducks vs. #7 USC Trojans

Key Players:
    Capture1.PNG Capture5.PNG

Capture2.PNG Capture6.PNG

Capture4.PNG Capture6.PNG

Coach Pre Game Interview
    Questions for the coach:​
    1. How have you prepared for this week game?​
    2. Have the players done anything specific to prepare in practice?​
    3. Do you anticipate it to be a close game?​
    4. What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge in the game?​
    5. What are you looking forward to most?​
    6. Coach Can you talk about what the mind-set of this team is? Is it any different from all the other games? And even if it isn't or is, what is the mind-set?​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Fantastic stuff man!!! I better hear some shiiiaaatt talking between these two... all in fun though. Nice work, Donkalion.

3. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

my vote has already been casted for the trojans to come out on top 35-21

4. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

1. How have you prepared for this week game? We prepared no different from any other week. we go out and take care of day to day business as usual.
    2. Have the players done anything specific to prepare in practice? You try not talk about the importance of the upcoming game but its something you cant avoid there ready! playing in a hostile environment is what they came to Oregon to do!
    3. Do you anticipate it to be a close game? The game will be close coach juiceman and I go back a long ways and he know how I like to run my offense and what his defense and offense will be exposed to against Oregon.
    4. What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge in the game? Establishing the run if we cant get a decent run game going it could turn into a long day for the ducks but i don't see it being a problem.
    5. What are you looking forward to most? The electrifying plays that can come from two teams with a great vertical game.
    6. Coach Can you talk about what the mind-set of this team is? Is it any different from all the other games? And even if it isn't or is, what is the mind-set? Our team mind set is the same we play calm headed week in and week out and look forward to a challenge from the Trojans! oh I almost for got USF Sucks! lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Child Please (chad Johnson) you already know your about to get took behind the wood shed 38-21 oregon ducks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BG

BG On The Rize!

Since I haven't been here long enough to know either user's game play, I went with the toss up option!

7. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

Good Morning Ms. Sage Steele. I see your looking beautiful as usual, but lets get this interview over shall we. I was in the middle of an Oklahoma drill when a fight broke out so i gotta hurry up and get back.

1. How have you prepared for this week game?
    We have prepared for the game this week a lil different. Oregon brings in a fast team on both sides of the ball and we gotta be prepared for that and whatever trick playsCoach Chewbacca has in stored for us.

2. Have the players done anything specific to prepare in practice?
    The players havent done anything specific other than Matt Barkley showing leadership qualities and having a players only meeting with the players.

3. Can you tell us what was said at that meeting coach?
    I dont know what was said Ms. Steele. Barkley and the rest of the seniors wanted jus the players so no coaches went and i made sure of it.
    4. Do you anticipate it to be a close game?
    Im aware that Coach Chewbacca has already metioned that we go way back like a-tracks in a black cadillac sitting on four flats, but uh...to answer your question...no. We do go
    We do go way back and have played against each other several, several times over the years and his wins are few.So needless to say i got his number.
    5. What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge in the game?
    I could say the biggest challenge will be to stop Coach Chewbacca's run game. I know he's going to try and run it very often. Even if its not working he feels its lnovacane...give it a lil time itll work. But thats not the the biggest challenge. The biggest challenge will be to not start off slow and get behind. Every game this year we start out sluggish and en down by 7 or 10 points in the first quarter and have to make up for it. We usually do but i Coach Chewy has had this game circled in red on his callendar since the begining of the season once he found out that i would be coaching the Trojans. We both have one loss and that lost is to Washington (I aint forgot about you bigtubb_) so this game has huge emphasis on both our seasons and the Pac-12.
    6. What are you looking forward to most?
    What im looking forward to most Sage is seeing how well my team will bounce back from the last second barn burner last week that woulda killed our season. Im looking forward to seeing how they come out and perform againt another high powered team. most importantly im looking forward to seeing the look on Coach Chew's face when the clock reads 0:00 and his Mud-Ducks have lost 35-14.
    7. Coach Can you talk about what the mind-set of this team is? Is it any different from all the other games? And even if it isn't or is, what is the mind-set?
    The mindset of this team is we ready...we ready for war, F*** peace. Thats the mindset...PERIOD!!! When them lights come on (as i stand up and start pumping my shoulders) and that stadium starts rocking, the team runs out and the crowd erupts...(looking right into the camera) itll be no where to hide Coach Chewy.....NO WHERE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

well you're a smart man playing it safe and going with the toss up BG, cause you'd be upset if you drug your mouse over that bubble beside the Oregon choice and clicked on it

• Like Like x 1
  9. BG

BG On The Rize!

WOW! I LIKE THAT!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Child please your next BG right after I hook the bumper of this old 69 chevy with this 454 in it, up to this Trojanman (juiceman) and drag him threw the mudd like some wet nevermind anyway tomorrow is put up or shut up and the stadium will be crunk flapping there wings duck wings that is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BG

BG On The Rize!

I LIKE THAT TOO!

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

LOL I don't have a dawg in this fight>>>>

• Like Like x 2
  13. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

I don't want to clog the forum up with multiple game of the week threads so I will use this one until we figures something out lol (y)

14. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

onaradio34 Jbbubba Week 11 game of the week is a toss up to. #13 Arizona State Vs. #4 USC Trojans is a game worth Game of the Week but if you dig a little deeper the Big East has a major game brewing in what could be the #1 Big East rep for thier at large bowl bid. enough talking lets just get to it.

You might be playing one of these teams in a Major Bowl!
    Cincinnati Vs. Temple
    Key players for temple
    Defense will be critical for temple, at times this year they seem a little shaky. MLB Olaniyi Adewole, FS Vaughn Carraway and ROLB Ahkeem Smith will need to be explosive on defense to give temple good field position for there offense. If there defense have a good game, look for their offense to had a good day too.
    Capture1.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    Key Players Cincinnati
    Senior George Winn (#8 Rusher in the nation) will need to have a productive day. If Cincinnati establish the run their air attack should prosper but without a run game, it could be over before it starts.
    4.PNG
    Coach Pre Game Interview
    Questions for the coach:
    3. Do you anticipate it to be a close game?
    4. What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge in the game?
    5. What are you looking forward to most?
    6. Coach Can you talk about what the mind-set of this team is? Is it any different from all the other games? And even if it isn't or is, what is the mind-set?

If you would post you vote for who will win this match up with your comments. Cincinnati win, Temple Win or Toss up

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  15. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Well.....-eats donut-...lets get this over with Ms. Latoya. Gotta make another run to the bakery and stock up on these good 'ol Crispies.

1. Coach Lauronitis, how have you prepared for this week's game against Temple?

Well, first off, I've been watching a lot of Hard Knocks. A lot of Hard Knocks. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. It's all I do some nights, watching Chad Johnson get cut again and again...such drama -sniff-. Anyway, all joking aside, I've been frantically poring over their defensive tendencies, looking for that one area of weakness that we can capitalize on over and over. And, quite frankly, the Temple defense has no glaring weekness, like 12 clones of Chuck Norris. It will be important to attack them from the get-go and keep them on their toes, never quite sure what play is going to spew out of my mouth next. They think its a run up the gut, BAM! Playaction pass over their heads for six! They play the pass...BAM! Draw play that goes for big yards. And that is what makes my Bearcats so potent. They have the ability to manipulate the opposition into thinking they know exactly what our gameplan is when in reality we do the exact opposite.

Oklahoma drills. You can never have to many Oklahoma drills. Theres just something about a big bruiser of a linebacker smacking the snot out of the fragile running backs....ahh, nostalgia. Anyhoo, we have been doing a lot of pass rush drills defensively to try and improve our capability of getting pressure on the quarterback. Granted, we have been getting more pressure than in weeks prior. But the key to playing defense is wreaking havoc in the backfield. And that is something we have not been doing particularily well this season. We also are focusing on stuffing the run at the point of attack. Temple's offensive philosophy is predicated on three yards and a cloud of dust. And the only way to limit the damage this philosophy can cause is by wrapping up the ballcarrier effectively, generating a good push up front, and under no circumstances allowing the ballcarrier to break tackles. That is the worry that is caused by a powerful ball carrier. You can never be quite sure if the running back is going to go down to the ground if and when he is tackled.

3. Do you anticipate it being a close game?

Oh, heck yeah I am! In all five of our wins this season, we have won by 7 points or less. And in all three of our losses, we have lost by an average of 14 points. The Bearcat's major weakness that honestly cannot be fixed by coaching is we tend to unravel when we fall behind by two scores. We feel the need to press and force the issue, and that has been our undoing against both weaker and stronger opponents in Central Michigan and Washington. If Cincinnati doesn't keep within a touchdown of Temple, the screws of this cabinet are going to come off, and you will KNOW when that happens.

4. What do you anticipate being the biggest challenge in the game?

Probably maintaining a solid mindset no matter the score and being able to maximize our offensive chances. As I mentioned earlier, the Bearcats are not very calm under pressure and force the issue when the issue really doesn't need to be pushed, and that has been our Achille's heel this season. Temple has a steel curtain of a defense, and any points we do miss out on will greatly affect the outcome of this game. I expect the game to be a defensive struggle with minimal scoring opportunities, and if we throw interceptions/fumble in the redzone or have to settle for field goals in the redzone, we are going to have a tough time winning the game.

5. What are to looking forward to the most?

Taking a few cues from a great defensive team and executing our gamplan to perfection. I hate to look ahead, but a win against Temple will put us in EXCELLENT position to take the Big East title and potentially play in a big bowl game. You never want to get ahead of yourselves, and I definitely won't be come gameday, but it is important to know the stakes this game brings to the table and what rides on a victory or a loss.

6. Danny, can you talk about what the mindset of this team is? Is it any different from all the other games?

We're huge worshippers of the motto "Slow and steady wins the race." We don't look for big plays to satisfy our thirst for points, rather, we look to eat up clock, string together long scoring drives, and limit the damage on defense. This has been our mindset in the past, now, and in the future.

Well, it's time for me to drive over to Krispy Kreme's, get 6 dozen donuts, then take my team to Chuck. E. Cheese's. Something about that darn little mouse fires these Bearcats up more than anything else. Cheers!

Cincinnati wins, 17-14, in a struggle with few points being earned between both teams.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

great interview young fella

• Like Like x 3
  17. onaradio34

I'll get my end done tonight when I can get to my pc.

18. onaradio34

Thankfully, our inside sources with the UDub Huskies have provided some of their advanced scouting materials on the Bearcats. Specifically, that dangerous offense.

Yes, with our starting QB Chris Coyer being injured in the Louisville loss, the players have spent the week getting Clinton Granger ready to start. We will rally around Clinton Granger, and we will play good football.

Of course we do. Not just because of the opponent, but because of the way this season has been. 7 of our 9 games have been decided within 8 points.

I'd say their ground game has us most concerned. The film we have watched shows a physical attack that wears out defenses by the 4th qtr. We have to be ready for a whole game of it.

This will be the first meeting between myself and Coach Jbbubba. Hopefully, we can deliver an instant classic that will spark a long lived rivarly.

We are eager to put last week behind us. We lost a double OT heartbreaker to a conference rival and lost our starting QB for the long term. We just want to get out there and get that taste out of our mouth.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

You monster you. Bigtubb, if me and you play next season...watch out. Gahbage, straight gahbage blabbin' my secrets!

• Like Like x 1
  20. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

man....I didnt tell dat mane anythang...lol okay i got my country students out my system....seriously, I didn't tell him anything...lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Lol just messin hah

22. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

@forever97 NeuroticTruth Sorry for the late post fellas calculus is working my nerves:mad:. ok the game of the week will be a barn burner! A straight dog fight! Im talking about ass kicking, jaw breaking, grab that young fella by the legs and drag em thru the mud. I am talking about picking your opponent up, suflexing the air out their chest and making them see the white light kind of fight. Now lets get to it!

#8 Oklahoma vs # 4 West Virginia
    Oklahoma Key Player
    Capture.PNG
    If OU can rally behind star QB Jones there offense will be unstoppable! Look for Mr Jones the challenge WV defense early and often to get his team out to a early lead.​
    West Virginia key players
    Capture 1.PNG
    Mr. IMLEADINGTHEHEISMANRACE is a force to be respected! If the pass is slow check his feet cause he's fast yo! look for him to exploit the defense and use his skills to his advantage.
    Capture 2.PNG
    I have one word of advice when your RB run up on this player Run Forrest Run!!!​
    Coach Pre Game Interview
    Questions for the coach:
    3. Do you anticipate it to be a close game?
    4. What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge in the game?
    5. What are you looking forward to most?
    6. Coach Can you talk about what the mind-set of this team is? Is it any different from all the other games? And even if it isn't or is, what is the mind-set?

• Like Like x 5
  23. onaradio34

24. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:

1. We're preparing the same as we always do. We cant go into this game thinking its more then just another stepping stone on the way to our ultimate goal, thats how you get beat.

2. Nothing really "special". We're just trying to make sure we keep focused and continue to work hard and be as prepared as possible.

3. When you play a great team like Oklahoma, who has high quality talent and excellent coaching, you always expect a dog fight.

4. Defense. Its something we've struggled with all season and I dont see it getting any easier in this one.

5. Hopefully winning.

6. Our mind-set isnt really any different from any other week. Again, we're just trying to keep our guys focused and prepared.