Game of the Year

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Feb 15, 2012.

?

Which game is going to be the Game of the Year

1. Wisconsin vs Northwestern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Arizona vs Arizona St

20.0%
  3. Ole Miss vs Georgia (projected SEC Championship game)

80.0%
  1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Doing this guy again. Probably know the answer but we'll see.

Wisconsin vs Northwestern
    After a lack luster showing in last years game, Coach Gators looks to bring his team to it's first win over Coach Dakota. Northwestern is lead on offense by their star QB Laurence Burton. This duel threat will have to make the right read and stay calm against a very good Wisconsin defensive line. Freshman HB sensation Howard Smith will also need to grow up fast in this intense rivalry game. He leads the team in rushing (532) and in rushing TDs (9). Northwestern has a great coup of young receivers who will give the Bucky defense fits. On the other end, Northwestern doesn't have any eye popping stat busters but they get the job done holding opponents to an average of 15 points a game. Wisconsin has a head lining freshman HB too in FS RS Joe Butler who is showing everyone that he is gonna be a household name on Sundays. His team leading yards (1401) and TDs (17) are good but it's his consistency with only one fumble on the year. Wisconsin is gonna need good game management from their QB Chris Frank who seems to be the weak point of the offense. His 14-12 TD-INT ration is scary. If Northwestern has any chance of winning, they must shut down Butler and rattle Frank.
    Prediction: Northwestern upsets the Wisconsin Badgers, 31-27

Arizona vs Arizona St
    Arizona and Arizona St has been a lull as of late. Arizona St's defense has been amazing in the past three games holding the Wildcats to a little over 7 points a game the past three games. The Sun Devil offense hasn't been too bad either having a little under 30 points a game. The Wildcats transitioned back to Coach Lambdin's patented 3-3-5 defense which gave Coach Jello fits in years 2 and 3. Arizona needs to get pressure on which ever QB plays this week, either Robbie Thomas or Jamel Parks. Both are great athletes and CONTAIN has been driven into the Wildcats players. They did well last season but they forced some defensive scores and gave up 1-2 big plays. Big plays is what the Sun Devils strive for. They run basically the Oregon 2009-2011 offense where they like to run a lot of similar plays trying to lull you to sleep and then hit you with their big plays. The key to this game is how the Wildcat defense handles to Sun Devil offense. Arizona's offense also must get going. Arizona has not scored a touchdown vs the Sun Devils since 2014! That is an unreal stat. Hopefully the new Wildcat offense comes to play this week.
    Prediction: Arizona St holds strong to stop the Wildcat comeback, 24-17

Ole Miss vs Georgia (Projected SEC Championship Game)
    This rivalry is one that has been heated especially recently. Coach Edge has been so close to beating the Bulldogs but has failed to seal the deal. This years game was insanely close where Ole Miss lost by 1 point 14-13. Ole Miss after a very efficient offensive day was held scoreless throughout the entire 4th quarter. Ole Miss needs to replicate what happened in this seasons game and this time close the deal. Star WR Weisbecker needs to continue to make plays. He only had two catches vs the Bulldogs but his TD was a big one in the third quarter. Georgia owns the series 3-0 but the Rebels are starting to make this rivalry competitive. Georgia needs to find a running game as their rushing attack didn't even must up 50 yards rushing (-30 yard for Gutierrez pushed them under 50).
    Prediction: Ole Miss finally upsets the Bulldogs and ruins their NCG hopes, 17-16

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

There you go again with trying to make Arizona vs. ASU into a game of the year type deal. No one cares about those 2 schools.

3. jello1717

And I just saw that you included the SEC championship, but you didn't include the B1G championship? Unless NC State remains undefeated (which I really hope they do for some CPU love), the NCG is the SEC champ vs the B1G champ. That's pretty much a done deal already. Wisconsin vs. MSU (sorry GoGators, but you already know that I think that there's roughly a 0% chance of your 85 Cats beating the 99 Badgers) is easily the game of the year.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It's the Game of the Year in the Pac-12 and i picked one from every conference. And I just thought the Rivalry between Wisconsin and Northwestern would be better IMO

5. jello1717

Okay. That makes sense.

6. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Go Dawgs!

7. jello1717

What's a Dawg?

8. jello1717

Obviously I won't predict the ASU game, but here are the others:

Wisconsin over NU by 28+
    UGA over Ole Miss by 10

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

It's how southern folk learn to spell.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jello1717

I believe you mean "learnt" to spell.

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

It's 1-0 vs a Sun Devil.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jello1717

Oh snap! My little feelings are all hurt now. :(

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Until Jello and I meet in the CCG

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]
    Fuck off

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. jello1717

36 - 7.

Sometimes I even amaze myself with my own awesomeness.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

18. jello1717

I have TONS of practice patting myself on the back (thanks to my appreciation of my innate awesomeness) so you don't need to worry about me hurting myself.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1