Game Options. . .What are they?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Game Options. . .What are they?

Can't find anywhere where the game options are located so I can plan. I'm looking for quarter length and accelerated clock settings mainly. Can somebody give me this info. . .thanks!

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

8 minutes quarters with no accelerated clock setup. I don't know if it states it in the rules, but if it doesn't, here it is.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Didnt state in the rules :)

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah, I went and looked too. You are correct. Any other questions I might be able to answer about franchise, please ask!

5. qLuca

qLuca Guest

Are you guys going to change the settings? I just played my first game and it took us one hour and a half, which is way too much.

I am in another league and we play 10 min with 15 sec acc clock and you get about the same number of plays, but it takes 1 hour at most.

6. qLuca

qLuca Guest

Also is this all-pro or all-madden?

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

All-pro level.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

no accell clock please!!!!!! 8 min quarters r fine with me, if you want quicker games, complete more passes and run the ball :)

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya. 7 mins is the minimum i will run and i feel rushed with 7 mins. 8 mins adds 4 madden mins to the game and maybe another 15-20 mins to your game in real time unless your just playing crazy ball.

sorry, 8 mins for now. we will look at it in the future if more complaints come in, but 7 is the minimum. we will NEVER run accel clock.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but if its not for you then its not for you. I am open to discussing things that the league feels as a whole will make this a better league.

10. qLuca

qLuca Guest

Ahem, well... I ran the ball a bit, I guess I'll just have to stop throwing incompletions. Oh, I'll also let my opponent complete everyone of his passes and just for good measure, if he's not capable of that, I'll send him a message to run the ball more cause I don't have the whole day to play the game.

Seriously, why are you opposed to the acc clock? Do you like to call 10 audibles before every play? Or do you like to send a receiver in motion and then back just to make sure it's man coverage?

11. natedawg212000

q, I am seriously not arguing about it and I am not quite sure why I sense some attitude about this either. its 8 min quarters my friend with no accel clock. I am sorry, but thats what I wanted to build my league as. Worse case I have no problem with going to 7 min quarters, but I played my game too the other night and didn't feel it was too long. if you don't have time for these kind of settings its OK. Just let me know what you want to do, but trying to make me out to sound like a cheeser isn't really a smart way to get your option across.

12. qLuca

qLuca Guest

I was actually replying to the Titans owner, your post wasn't there when I started to write, I was away from the computer a few minutes also. Sorry.

Anyway, it's your league and if you want to keep it this way it's fine. But like you said it is no for me, so I guess you can give the team to somebody else.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles

13. natedawg212000

thanks Q for giving it a shot.

14. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I like the 8 minutes, haven't played my game yet but I like the idea of playing a long game b/c I prepare for it so hard.

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

I agree with the longer game set-ups.