Game Plan Adjustments Rule Discussion

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

BigKing Magoo C Young Cocky Marine Chris Rouse WreckEm27 eberdeeber dj illmatic 23 @jonskinny21

Let's discuss this particular rule guys, now that we have 4th down figured out.

Game Plan Adjustments: Game play features such as aggressive/conservative settings and run/pass commit will be allowed, so long as they are used in game situations that would be realistic. In other words, leaving aggressive ‘jump the snap’ on all game is not OK, but turning it on for your opponents 2 minute drill when you know they are passing on every play would be allowed. The only exception is the conservative features on offense, which may be used at any time at the discretion of the coach (except playclock).

My only immediate issue with this rule, is the "Run Commit". Which, if I'm being honest, I thought was already banned in Overdrive. I do want "Run Commit" banned because in the past it was very unrealistic. Let's discuss the other Game Plan Adjustments.

I realize we really don't know how NCAA '13 will play with these adjustments just yet, but we all should have some opinions based of NCAA '12.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Honestly, the only game plan adjustment I use anymore is the conservative playclock when I'm running out the clock at the end of a game because the others are either useless or unrealistically effective. So I'm fine with banning any adjustments.

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Like I said in my other post, all of them but play clock and pass commit are unrealistic to me. There are no negative consequences to all of them except strip the ball, and that just leads to way too many penalties. I say ban any changes to game plan adjustments. They all have to be left on balanced except game clock. I also say ban run commit, but allow pass commit.

4. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Based on 12 I would think most of them should be banned. That said I think it can also be difficult to know if someone if using them & and not sure how much these could have changed for 13.

5. BigKing

I would like to propose "The Magoo" rule and "The Eber" rule.

Magoo Rule: When picking your play you should not dick around for the entire time making each game last 2 hours.

Eber Rule: During the offseason you should not dick around in each recruiting week causing the offseason to take 4 hours.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I think you meant Defense for Magoo.

7. BigKing

Actually it's any play calling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Defensive line, offensive line, and strip ball you can tell. The others like the one related to fumbles and catching you can tell if it's on conservative, but you'll have no proof. Those we'd have to live by the honor code. Now I can speak for myself and say I am an honorable man. However, I can't speak for anyone whose a fan of Free Shoe University;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I feel like the defensive line jump snap is rediculous. I dont feel like it should be used AT ALL! It is unrealistic and even when you are in shotgun you have abslolutely NO time to throw the ball. If its late in the game and the defense is trying to prevent......"PREVENT".....the offense from a LATE score to win the game or a late field goal to win the game....99% of the time the defense will be in a 3 man front. They wont be rushing the QB theyll have MORE defensive backs preventing the pass completions. We had no problems with NCAA 12 with this rule...why change it for 13?

10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm new, so I need some clarification. You're against using game planning to allow the d-line to jump the snap, and I'm with you on that, but you say to keep the rule the same as last year. However, according to the rule from last year, you could use aggressive d-line. I'm a bit confused.

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I think Cocky is confused. LOL. He is against Run Commit like all of us, he just has a funny way of showing it. :)

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

OH...no no no...lol Im talking about holding down the left trigger and pressing down on the right thumbstick. RUN COMMIT...lol...i should have used that term. Run commit is illegal right?

13. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I would be for a ban on all game adjustments except the chew clock.

I dont know wat bk is talking about me and my playcalling. I think he is loco and the losing to me is getting him.

14. BigKing

When was the last time I lost to you? Getting ready to see me twice a year!!!! I'm sending Micki an FSU BigKing jersey..

15. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

So far, it seems we are all on the same page. Ban all game adjustments except "conservative" on clock management at the end of the game. Ban "Run commit". Allow "Pass Commit".

That sound about right?

16. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Sounds good to me.

17. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

18. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Last Season

19. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

Sounds good.

20. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Here's the rough draft guys, let me know what you think.

Game Plan Adjustments: The only Game Plan Adjustment allowed in Overdrive is "Tempo", but you may only use "Conservative" Tempo with under 3 minutes remianing in the 4th quarter or if you are trying to prevent another possession before the half. "Run Commit" is banned 100% in Overdrive. "Pass Commit" is allowed.

21. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

I would at least say something about pass comitt and it not being on the entire game.

22. WreckEm27

WreckEm27 Classless Clown

Does pass commit work as intended? As in, does the defense get rolled over if you run on them while they've called it? If so, then I don't see why you couldn't run it all game. If not, then I don't know how it would ever be allowed.

I'm an air raider and I've never been against people using it against me, but again I also don't know how it exactly works either.

23. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Either ban it or allow it. I dont think you can tell when your opponent is using it anyways.

24. BigKing

I think we may be trying too hard to change rules. The 4th down rule needed changing. I could care less petty much anything else especially since the new game hasn't been played yet.

25. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Maybe. We've discussed the two brought up. I was reluctant to discuss the 4th down rule, but ultimately I believe we did make it better. The reason I posted this rule discussion is mainly due to the Run Commit and because it was brought up by a member. Even though Run Commit was allowed based on this rule, that is not the way Overdrive actually operates.

I don't plan to make many more changes to our rules but it is a good time to freshen up some of our rules to make them fit us and how we like to play.