1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Game Plan Question: Not Fighting Tackles

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by SodaAddict, Jul 14, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Game Plan Question: Not Fighting Tackles

So, today I was playing a game and I was down 3 points with 8 seconds left after a time out. I throw a post route about 25 yards down the field to get to the 40 in order to at least attempt a game-tying field goal.

My guy catches the ball with 4 seconds left and I immediately start hitting X (I have a 360) to dive or to just get on the ground. However, right as he catches it, the CB barely touches him and he goes in to the bounce-off animation then gets in to a slow tackle that eventually turns in to a gang tackle and my guy hits the ground right as the gun sounds to end the game, causing me to lose by 3 before it let me call a time out with back/select.

My question is this: Do you guys think that in situations like this that going in and changing my break tackles game plan off of balanced to conservative would have the side-effect of making him get on the ground faster... Or is it just one of those deals where it is a bad break if you get wrapped up and you just have to hope that the half/game doesn't end before he gets down?

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

it sounds like you just caught a bad break