Game Plan Question: Not Fighting Tackles

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by SodaAddict, Jul 14, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Game Plan Question: Not Fighting Tackles

So, today I was playing a game and I was down 3 points with 8 seconds left after a time out. I throw a post route about 25 yards down the field to get to the 40 in order to at least attempt a game-tying field goal.

My guy catches the ball with 4 seconds left and I immediately start hitting X (I have a 360) to dive or to just get on the ground. However, right as he catches it, the CB barely touches him and he goes in to the bounce-off animation then gets in to a slow tackle that eventually turns in to a gang tackle and my guy hits the ground right as the gun sounds to end the game, causing me to lose by 3 before it let me call a time out with back/select.

My question is this: Do you guys think that in situations like this that going in and changing my break tackles game plan off of balanced to conservative would have the side-effect of making him get on the ground faster... Or is it just one of those deals where it is a bad break if you get wrapped up and you just have to hope that the half/game doesn't end before he gets down?

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

it sounds like you just caught a bad break