Game plan settings.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It surprises me how many people here don't read (or possibly just don't care) about the rules in this OD. I know this REALLY bugs edge7771 .

Capture.PNG

I can tell from some stats that it's highly likely that other(s?) are using some conservative settings too. Conservative settings are probably even cheesier than aggressive ones. With conservative carry/catch I could recruit burners at WR/HB that can't carry or catch and just use the cheesy conservative setting and turn them into Jerry Rice/<some HB that never fumbled>. I could recruit speedy D guys that can't tackle and just set the tackle setting to conservative as well.

If you're gonna recruit guys that can't do something (hold on to the ball, catch, tackle) then you should have to pay for it and not get bailed out with cheesy game plan settings.

The Experience just pointing out that game planning (both aggressive and conservative) isn't allowed. (although Masler does need to add that in addition to the "tempo" setting, "option defense" is also allowed on either aggressive or conservative).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Option setting is allowed correct? Thought we established that. Conservative settings have no bearing so I will gladly quit using them. The only WRs I pass to can catch and catch well (Butler) and my defense sucks anyways. I used 0 conservative settings vs Edge. I only use Conservative tackles to try and stop Wes Brown from murdering me, which he still does anyways so these settings don't work.

We should be able to use conservative/aggressive options which I think we allowed anyways, nothing wrong with that setting at all.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Option: fine anytime
    Tempo: end of both halves with 2 minutes or less
    Anything else: Fuck-to the-No

4. jello1717

This dude is an EXCELLENT example of what I'm talking about:

upload_2013-9-25_9-32-42.png

He's the fastest player on my team, but his downside is that he has terrible CAR and he's made me pay for that (a LOT) so far:
    upload_2013-9-25_9-33-35.png

This is what my career fumbles look like by my HBs so far in this OD, just to show you how horrific his fumbles have been so far:
    upload_2013-9-25_9-34-59.png

If I were allowed to use conservative CAR I'd have it on every time he stepped foot on the field and he'd probably have 0 fumbles. I'd get all the benefits of his amazing speed without his 1 downside.

Because I'm not allowed to do that, this dude never even sees the field in the 4th quarter of tight games because I can't trust him to hang onto the ball, which is a fair trade off for his great speed.

5. jello1717

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hova

My top 2 WRs have 96 and 95 Catch. One ATT I can actually recruit because most people just go after speed.

7. jello1717

3 minutes or less.
    upload_2013-9-25_9-39-21.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well I've been getting mad about that for the wrong reasons then... Haha. I always went by 2

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Do you ever manually cover the ball? RB button.

10. jello1717

Covering the ball is for pussies! I'm either gonna elude you with his 93 ELU or I'm gonna run you over with his 5'8/178 ass!

11. jello1717

In seriousness though, maybe I should get into the habit of doing that with this dude. I've never had to do it before so I never think of it (although I've never used it in past games either). I'm just used to my other HBs. 3 of them combined for 598 carries with 0 fumbles. It's a bit of a shock to go from that to 4 in 40 carries (although at least 1 of those was on a KR or PR).

Hell, even my QBs almost never fumble the ball in traffic. They have had a fair number of fumbles (15 fumbles in 395 carries) but probably all but maybe 1 or 2 were bad option pitches and not actual fumbles.

12. Hova

People just don't fumble in this game. I do rarely and have caused 0.

13. jello1717

Yeah. I think it's just as broken as the pass coverage. That's why I was so shocked to have a guy that actually fumbles.

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

This.

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I tell you thing I've noticed when you do fumble the offensive players go after the ball like a pack of wild dogs. I don't really think the defense has much of a chance to recover it. Either against Hova or NeuroticTruth one of them muffed the punt and the ball went right to my gunner about 4 yards away. The returner cover the 10yds faster than my gunner could cover 4. Same goes for the OL line covering up fumbles.

16. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Pretty sure that was against me. Yeah I was shocked Huffman got back to the ball.

17. jello1717

That hasn't been my experience at all. This season my D has forced 3 fumbles and recovered 2 of them. My offense has fumbled 8 times and lost 4 of them.