Game Plan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Game Plan

Weigh in on the situation and give your 2 pennies. I myself do not use the game plan feature against users anymore. I haven't for about 5 games or so. Please don't take it the wrong way as I am not calling anybody out. I have been thinking about this for weeks. What do you think about banning the game plan features? I would like to hear from all BfR members.

I'd like to point out that there is an xbox league that banned game plan.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I don't think it effects the game that much. If anything I would ban the aggressive dline because they jump the snap everytime but you can draw them offsides as well.

Doesn't matter to me tho.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think that all aggressive keys should be banned, but I dont think the conservative ones should be....

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

no aggressive for sure...conservative i dnt mind ...

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I just don't understand how people contine to throw 6 and 7 picks I don't care what the other person has on. I play in a league that just finally decided to ban run committ but everything else is fine and I never throw more than 2 picks against pass committ and aggresive game plans.

I had one game like that and it forced me to pay more attention step in the pocket and make better reads and play calls.

With that being said banning aggressive sliders is good with me too. Because I really don't care and I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

6. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Ban it...all I use it the jump snap on occasions anyway..and everybody should be happy

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Is that anger i sense in your tone my man, :D

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I do two things at the beginning of every game. Conservative on running and receiving. Sdid's rebuilding league I am in made me make that decision. As WKU, I play as a weak team, and the sliders were very aggressive to start the dynasty. That being said, even with it on conservative, Jewel Hampton has 6 fumbles on the year. Against users, I will switch up my zones in certain situations, and change between agg/nor/con on pick when I am in need of a TO. Big hit is a waste of time for me, usually hurts more than helps. Strip is a waste, and I lived all last year w/o jumping the snap, so I should be able to do it this year. I play the option well, so I never mess with that. Just a few things I have come to notice/do, that is my input on the situation.

Mike

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

It's easy to jump snap against user no matter what gameplan is used. I think in all the OD user/user games I have played maybe 2 people alter snap count. It could have been the same person in 2 different dynasties.

10. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I just got warned from the big guys..apparently I blitz to much...its just I have good teams and the jump snap is making me unstoppable..so I not even using ANY aggres plan nomore period or blitzin

11. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Aren't sliders reset to default in user games? If yes that's why there are more ints. I have seen Dlineman pick the ball off 1 handed in user/user dynasty games.

Column 1
    User/user run pass total plays %run
    1 23 25 48 48%
    2 26 16 42 62%
    3 14 33 47 30%
    4 20 39 59 34%
    5 15 30 45 33%
    6 16 36 52 31%
    7 13 25 38 34%
    8 14 38 52 27%
    9 19 18 37 51%
    10 6 31 37 16%

These are 10 user games I have played against people in Online dynasty, all 10 games are against trad users. First 6 are in BfR. These are all their playcalling in each game. Off of this list I am 8-2. I lost games 1 and 2. Game 9 should have gone to OT. My opponent went for 2 under 1 min left in game. I personally thought he was hosed on officials call on if he got the 2 or not.

It's easy to get interceptions when the play calling is that skewed towards the pass.

Other notes here:
    Game 3: The guy abandoned the run game, which surprised me, he was averaging 5 yards a pop with his RB against me. Even though he threw 4 ints, he also figured out which WR was getting the most coverage and found other WRs open also.

Games 4 and 6: same user, same dynasty, both different teams. User admitted after the 2nd game he did not know how to run the ball. Game 4 if there was more time on the clock he could have forced OT. He also figured out my game plan and was starting to find the open receivers more. I used the same style defense against him in game 6. Game 6, against a faster team, his QB got happy feet and threw a few on the run, at least 1 was picked. He also called a fake punt pass when down big that was picked.

Games 3 and 5:Both players tried to return a punt with user punt cover guy close enough to allow catch and make a legit big hit, both caused fumbled that punting team recovered for a TD. One was inside their 10 when the returned it.

Game 7: The commissioner of that dynasty was told I used run commit that game. I didn't though. The guy had a WR at TE and I lined up the OLB over the TE position and blitzed. I also focused on the receiver that played TE. The second half of that game I played more zone, because he figured it out. That game ended on a "AI glitch". I was up 13-10 with 30 seconds left at his 35 yard line. I can't make a long field goal if my life depended on it so I punted it high. His PR(user) ran out of way, AI blocker somehow got hit by ball and my guy recovered for a TD. I hated for game to end like that.

Game 1 and 2: I was burned both games on aggressive gameplan by my defense. Both plays were a blown coverage that either were TDs or led to the GW TD. Game 1, I know my opponent used aggressive gameplan on defense after being down 14-0 for a few plays also. 1 was a fumble that went for a TD that changed momentum.

I admit I use aggressive game plan on defense. I probably use it vs user 25-35% of game. That being said I have had games where I used conservative against users 20-25% of game. Most of my turnovers happen on balanced though, 2 in conservative, and I would say 30-40% in aggressive. In other dynasties that I was in, users would tell me in game if I was using it too much. An example of this was Buffalo vs Minnesota,, I was Buffalo. I was down big still learning the game. On 1 drive I must have had 5 face mask calls on defense. The guy paused the game and psned me and told me to stop playing aggressive. That game I didn't start using aggressive game plan till I was down big. So it was most of second half at that point.

Aggressive gameplan on either offense or defense is what it's supposed to be, high risk, high reward.

CA>I have a question for you. Was the 1st offseason started before of after the player progression patch? If it was before then that would make most teams stronger than they should be. I thought Washington was a better team than they should have been. I think Cal is way too fast and too good. USC would not have as much depth. They would still be great and a force, but losing players like McKnight and Gable would have a greater impact. USC has 30+ players rated 90+ overall. Just some examples.

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

How do you know if someone is using run committ?

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I know if the player is in pass commit the commentator says the defense is expecting the pass.

14. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Guys, my whole point to this is that if you use something, please use it AS STRATEGY. Don't keep one thing on all game no matter if it is conservative or aggressive. I am going to ban the whole gameplan feature as of right now. I tried to keep it so people could utilize it but in my eyes it was abused more than once.

Keeping a feature on aggressive all game just isn't right in my book. To me, it is like playing with a 1-5-5 or 3-3-5 all game long.

Please, as of now, do not use it.

If you are caught using it against a user, you will be penalized 1 week of recruiting. The second time, you will be booted.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.