Game Planning

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mickey13, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Game Planning

Well, I guess I'll go first. Playing with a spread offense will be completely new to me. I usually play good ol' Tressel Ball. I can't lie, I like the ground and pound. I like 3rd and short and I like clock control.

SMU will be a new challenge for me being that they are a spread offense. I'm going to be relying on my real life football experience (we run a spread offense) to try and help me air it out. So look forward to 30+ passes a game from me. However, I know myself well and if the ground game gets rolling, I will keep it on the ground. This should be fun.

Defense, I like to mix it up. I like to get after QB's with the DE because that's what I play in real life. I am trying to evolve to LB play, but it gets pretty hard for me on run plays so you may see me control the FS to try to lock down one side of the field and help out with the run. I play pretty conservative and like to keep people in front of me-sort of a "bend but don't break" mentality.

That's what you can expect from me. You?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Every team i control is 100 percent Pro offense. i love the ground game. its my main passion.

Defense i run a base 4-2-5 but mix alot of 4-4 and nickle packages. i am a control of the mlb type guy so i can fill the running lane gap.

3. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I am a Pro Offense guy myself, but I like implementing a gameplan that the team is built for. IE...S. Miss runs the Spread...I've studied the playbook and I like it thus far. Its kind of a soft spread playbook. It alos still has quite a few ACE formations. So in other words its a good mix.

My only concrn with this team is the HB does not have great speed like alot of Spread teams utilize in the running game. So you will see me line up in power formations out of the ACE running and throwing equally under center, with some Shotgun stuff mixed in.

Defensively, I roll with the 4-3 as my base and mix in some 3-3-5 on occasion. I usually play with the MLB, but mix it up depending on the situation. Sometimes with the Free Saftey or DE in obvious passing situations.

4. rflagg905

rflagg905 Guest

my style

I like to play pro but ECU is an air raid team so I thought that it would be better to stick to the teams style of play.So far it's not that bad,not as many run plays as I would like.I played a few games with them using pro and did not do so hot so going to stick with air raid for now.

5. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Ironically I have always been a Run and Shoot/Run and Gun/Air Raid style player. This year I discovered the Pistol Offense playing offline with Mississippi State (Indiana's playbook) which I had to go to for personnel reasons. I've never been a big fan of just pounding the rock, but the more games I play the more I see stats with 19 passing attempts and 35 rushing attempt. I've really fallen in love with playing the Pistol, and I tend to run a lot of option and counters out of it.

My reason for using Indiana's playbook has a lot to do with it being the most Shotgun Heavy offense that has pistol set. I believe I have 5/6 Shotgun formation so I can, and will, play air raid if I have to, but I would prefer to keep the ball on the ground. I also have quite a few good runs I can use out of my shotgun packages. The draw actually works this year and has become a staple of my shotgun running.

On defense I have presently switched from the 4-3 to the 3-3-5. I always found myself spending 75% of my time in the nickel anyways so it made more sense to gear my Scheme more to a speed style defense. I have always loved to play a lot of cover 2 with blitzes coming from multiple angles and I also have a tendency to play LB spies.

If I'm flat out getting crushed on the ground, look for me to transition into the 3-4 plays in my playbook in attempt to stifle a good running game. I don't use it a lot, but I have had cases where I haven't had a choice against great running teams.

6. NDCOLTS1979

As far as the aggressive game plan on the game it is banned. Dont use it. pass and run committ are also banned

7. NDCOLTS1979

I even turned Texas Tech into a pro style team and went 9-3

8. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

I guess we'll see if Tommy Tubberville has the same success this coming season.

9. Andrews

Andrews Walk On

Offense - Pro Style offense
    Defense - 3-4.

For Week 1 against #2 OSU I'll be counting on my running game to get me those 3rd and shorts. On defense I'll be counting on my LB's to contain and pressure Pryor with numerous zone blitzes.

10. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

For myself it's Pro on the offense. I typically play with Michigan and w/ last years version I had no luck running the spread. It seemed that their wasn't enough time to hold defenders at bay while you perform your trickeration (or I'm not that good).
    On D I'm a fan of the Multiple because different looks can help confuse an offense.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I like to mix up my styles. The only offense I haven't play is the fleXbox One offense but I'm giving it a try. I enjoy pro and multiple, but my favorite is the run and shoot. I won't change my playbook for about 3 seasons though. Also for spread Missouri has a great one. They have the Monster package which is sweet for screen plays, all kinds of 5 WR sets, and they also have the wildcat. If anyone runs a pass heavy offense I would recommend Missouri's offense.