Game Play Complaint Colts/Bucs Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachWest, Nov 28, 2010.

1. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Ok guys we are encouraging this so brace yourself, I know one day it could be any of us up here so ND dont take this one personally. I was approached by shiftee last night and he wanted to file a complaint. I asked him to email it so there was no miscommunication. I will post my observations after this inital post. I am upset that he carried this to the open chat after he sent it, but that will be somethign I handle after the report I gain form here.

As per our aim convo, here are the main details of what happened:

first game:

disconnects after my HB Addai has almost 100yds+ not even halfway through the 1st quarter, and 2 of his players (his rookie WR and a TE I believe.. the rookie out for the game). I know disconnects happen sometimes but this happened at a convenient time seeing as I was about to score again. Then colts msgs me on aim saying he's getting tired of this game. Nonethless I give him the benefit of the doubt because I realize it could be a coincindence.

second game:

75% of the pass plays, the colts would drop their qb between 10-15yds with about 4 or 5 pass plays dropping back 15-20yds and 1 specific play was well over 20yds.. manning was actually sprinting backwards to avoid my DE and he was able to throw the ball as he was getting hit... even though the ball fell 2 yds in front of the qb. that play specifically changed the momentum because instead of being 3rd and like 27 (and most likely would have punted if I stopped his obvious pass play call in that kind of situation), he was 3rd and about 5, and sure enough he was able to convert. I wish the highlights would have included that one play specifically because of how rediculous it was (sidenote: a tutorial on how to upload highlights would be greatly appreciated as I have never done that before). on the colts next drive it was more of the same and again he was able to make key conversions due to the pass rush avoidance strategy that he seems to have implemented into his offense. so with that said, he jumps out to a quick 24-0 lead. at this point I have already contacted sd via aim because I wanted to know what the process is as far as enforcing the rulebook was and so on. I should have waited until halftime or paused the game because now my attention is split between the game and my conversation with sd. Just when I am talking to sd about the qb drop back issue.. all of a sudden the colts decide to run the playclock down to 01 on every single play (right after the pick 6 by his CB to make it 24-0). I then ask sd if that's permitted because I'm sure I read about that rule too and he again confirmed the rule for me.Colts would end up scoring another TD to make it 31-0 in the 2nd quarter.

I know it's mainly just nate that has known me since the original madden days back in 2k1 but I can assure you i am not a sore loser at all. my #1 goal is to have fun with some old friends, make some new friends and enjoy some good games just like I remember them in the original OMFL.

also, for what it's worth, you can read the colts game summary that he posted. I find it interesting that he would specifically mention that he ran the clock only in the second half. why mention that he ran the clock at all? probably because I told him I would be filing a complaint. I wasn't rude or aggressive, I just let him know what my objections were.

If you need any more info, give me a shout.

Thanks for listening... sorry for such a long read :)

Hey I forgot to mention in my original email.. regarding the 1st game that disconnected. To recap what I said:

---------------------------------------
    first game:

disconnects after my HB Addai has almost 100yds+ not even halfway through the 1st quarter, and 2 of his players (his rookie WR and a TE I believe.. the rookie out for the game). I know disconnects happen sometimes but this happened at a convenient time seeing as I was about to score again. Then colts msgs me on aim saying he's getting tired of this game. Nonethless I give him the benefit of the doubt because I realize it could be a coincindence.
    ---------------------------------------

Like I said I gave him the benefit of the doubt and the only reason I did that is because I never added him to PSN so I can take a picture and prove it. I've had many disconnects happen before and when it's a fault of the EA servers, it's an immediate disconnect or a 1 or 2 second stutter and then a disconnect. What I've also had happen in the past was exactly what happened last night which was a pause for about 30 seconds before it disconnected. Not an in-game pause to go to the pause menu, but the type of "freeze" that happens when someone holds the PS button and selects quit game. If I had him on PSN I know I would have been able to take a picture of his name with no game title under it. another league i was in had a lot of stuff like that happen and that league is deservedly no longer in existance lol was not fun at all. the experiences I had there is exactly what happened here as far as the disconnect went. So that's how I know what happened.

Thanks again for taking the time to read everything. Appreciate it.

2. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

My observations are as follows.

1) This guy is new so I doubt he is questioning the integrity of ndcolts entirely, he is bringing it up just in case I feel. I doubt this part is an issue so if anyoen else feels differently, please voice it.

2) Pertaining to the dropping back, this may have been an issue, unfortunately we have no documentation, however, I have seen this as an increasing issue of late in other games, so an annoucement may need to be made. However, even in the real NFL once a qb goes back 15 yards he has the option to throw it out of bounds, so maybe we should allow this also as an alternative to running back there to find open receivers. We need to test it first, to see if it allows the throw out, if so, again I think it should be strongly considered as the alternative of taking a sack or throwing ints...

3) Running out the clock, I dont have an issue with after being up 31 points, he just had the discussion about running up the score and I believe this reduces the flustration that the winning team feels while basically wasting 30 min of their life for the game too end.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Up 31-0 in 2nd half, I am running clock down also. I want to protect the win & protect my players from injury by running less plays.All of which happen in the NFL & are sim-style play.

As far as the complaints about his QB dropping back too far, they look to be false. James has posted vidoe evidence of 5 pass plays where he did absolutely nothing wrong. His 75% number seems to be wayyyy of base. Especially when Colts only attempted 16 passes and only completed 11.

We cant even take his complaint abot the d/c into consideration. If I play a game that doesnt d/c once to servers then I am extremely lucky.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

http://www.easports.com/player-hub/media/PS3/Ndcolts1979

There are 4 more videos on my site that arent included in the you tube video. As i said when he called me out on the chat i would save the videos and i saved 9 of the 11 completions. lost track of the which plays i had saved but that site above is link to 4 more videos and youtube has 5 plays.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I side on the side of people who have proof. Just my personal thought on it. Colt has proof. Does Shiftee?

6. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

SO based on the responses, we all agree that colts has demonstrated several plays that do not show this happening so at the very least the frequency has been overstated. However, I still think that this issue needs to be addressed to the league as a whole. Anyone disagree with this?

7. NDCOLTS1979

i would and i would also state quit the bs complaints. Cause it will cause bad blood. I showed 9/11 pass plays where his accounts didnt happen. Accuse me of hitting ps3 button and quitting puts me like win last year getting fed up with that bs of quiting. Yet where is his videos? There are none because what he says happened never did. Yet he gets on omfl blast group and calls me out. If we are scheduled to play again it would be wise to let the game get simmed cause i will not play a guy who comes out an bold face LIES. I have been on TF to long and in enough leagues to have a dbag try to take and ruin the reputation i have built

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think a reminder about drop back rules and gameplay would be a good idea, but no warning of any type should be administered. That should slake the anger a bit I think.

I don't think Colt did anything wrong, but at least put that out there that we are looking at these things like drop back rules and whatever. Make sense?

9. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

Agreed, that is what I am saying in the first post, no repremand or strike, I would chalk it to a misunderstanding and take advantage of the oppourtunity to deliver the announcement

10. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I agree with the BS complaints, but unfortunately if we say that I think it will be interpreted that nobody should complain EVER. I already think there is a perception that any complaints will make someone look like a sore loser. I agree that this was the case in this instance. However, if we make a point to tell people to not complain, it will be tough to weed out the guys who deserve to have complaints lodged against them...

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We should always encourage owners to speak up,no matter how small the issue. But they need to understand how to do it. The facts show that Shiftee's accusations regarding drop backs are false. Shiftee should have used better judgement when submitting his complaint and not made up those numbers to prove his case.

Filing a false or fabricated complaint is just as bad as breaking Game Play rules, IMO. Owners need to asked to sit & simmer 24hrs before filing a complaint. 75% of the time they will realize that their emotions got the best of the them and they just got beat on the field.

12. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I talked to shiftee about about his complaint and briefed him on our decisions. I also made him aware of our policy about public flaming and he had said the Bada had already made him aware and he was sorry for for his actions. So as far as I am concerned the case should be closed :)

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I think it has more to do with the bad DC than anything else. Good job handling this fellas.

14. NDCOLTS1979

Theres no doubt about the bad disconnect i was pissed about it. IDC about who i lose or anything like that. I stared at a frozen screen waiting for game to start back up then saw a game invite message i was like wtf because until wednesday. I would rather get kicked from game than it to freeze. For me to have to reboot my ps3 right now is a pain. Cause my ps3 may read my disc or it may not. Sometime i have to eject and put disc in 50 times for it to be read. At least when it finally gets read i have no problems playing but its still annoying

15. natedawg212000

esh bro. may be time for a new ps3. that doesn't sound healthy at all....

16. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah buying one on wednesday. I had to have Gamestop get a 60gb ps3 from another store. i dont want one of these slim junk. I love the one i have with all the bells and whistles. not bad though first problem i have ever had and i bought this one at midnight day of the release

17. natedawg212000

LoL. Why all the hate for a slim? My slim is a MILLION times better than my old 60. That thing went out 3 times in a 6 month span.