Game play discussion...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bogey21, Aug 3, 2009.

1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Game play discussion...

I wanted to put this out on the table to get a better idea of where your guy thoughts are on gameplay as far as QB scramble goes.

In both my user games my QB has been getting pressured to an unreal extent, I have honestly never seen anything like it. Drifter will attest to this as his D-line was in my backfield all day. It was to the point where I was needing to snap the ball and sprint away from the ends to give myself a fighting chance to throw. Everyone/every league has there different set of "unspoken rules" when it comes to this stuff, just trying to get a conversation going to see where you guys are at. OM did a great job picking up some huge 3rd downs by tucking it with his QB and taking it up the gut for half a dozen yards or so, and I know that a lot of time scrambling without being pressured is frowned upon, but honestly I did not have a chance to wait and see, if I hesitated at all I was on my back.

Let me know what you guys think...

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Honestly i have no real issues with scrambling QB's, it is part of the game.... i dont like the idea of scrambling then sitting there waiting for hte coverage to break down but if it happens once in a while again its part of the game......

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I think what the league strives for is sim style play. That is the goal of the league and to me sim style play means: Diversified play calling, Not exploiting game flaws, and staying with the rules described by the league.

With the Jump Snap feature, I completely understand the need to scramble a little more than most, I just think it is important to make sure the scrambling is due to pressure and not habit. I was guilty with Illinois a few times of getting in the habit of drifting away from the pocket, but in this year's game, I think the pocket has truly been reworked and fun.

I do scramble out of the pocket some, especially when the pocket breaks down, but this year, I almost always end up escaping through the middle of the pocket instead of last year of simply going around the edge. Personally I like it because it is much more realistic.