Game Preview - #1 PSU vs #2 FSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Dec 8, 2010.

?

Who wins - #1 PSU at #2 FSU

1. PSU

50.0%
  2. FSU

50.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Since this game likely decides one half of the BCS title game, I thought I'd post a quick preview before the shit hits the fan later tonight.

PSU Offense vs FSU Defense:
    Penn St fields one of the fastest offenses in the nation, and features a powerful running game that is averaging in excess of 8 ypc as a team. From what I hear the running game is powered by a 'back to the future' wishbone attack and a healthy dose of power option running. Florida St's front 7 has led the team all year, but they are very young and haven't faced an offense with anywhere near the speed they are about to face. The most talented offense FSU faced this year was probably the UCLA Bruins, and they struggled to stop them with any consistency.
    Advantage - Penn St offense. Unless PSU turns the ball over they probably will score fairly easily in this game as I don't see the young FSU defense, especially in the secondary, matching up well with the Nittany Lions.

FSU Offense vs PSU Defense:
    FSU has been led all year by 2 true freshmen, QB Brenton Newby and HB Andy Frank. While both are good players and have been playmakers this year, neither would crack the top 3 at PSU based on their ratings. Penn St has a number of junior and senior defensive players that have significant talent and speed advantages over their respective counterparts on the FSU offense. The FSU offensive line is about the only position with senior leadership on the team, with 3 of the 5 starters being 4-5 year players.
    Advantage - Penn St defense. FSU will need to avoid turnovers and capitalize on big play opportunities to keep this game close.

Prediction: FSU's undefeated record is a bit of a mirage, as the only really tough game thus far has been vs Perry and UCLA. I think that PSU's offensive powerhouse is just a bit much for a very young Seminoles team to handle.

PSU 35 FSU 24

Feel free to vote and post any thoughts you may have.

2. Dru50

BTW Hokie - my kicker sucks ass and can't make a FG from beyond the 25 yard line. If I have a 4th down between the 25 and 35 yard line I'm likely going to have to try and go for it. Just so you are aware.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would like to see FSU pull the upset, just to avoid Hokie getting a shot at his second title in three seasons. Unfortunately FSU is slightly less talented at this point so the Nittany Lions should be able to win this game.

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Should be close. Hokie is good but Dru is...well...Dru. I wont bother posting a prediction because I could easily see this game going either way but if a gun was pressed to my head, the game is in Tallahassee...

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looking foward to the big game, but I would like to add that my QB is the highest rated one in the NCAA. So don't be to eager to throw 8-9 in the box just yet.....

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

After finding out Hokie lost with V. Tech in another dynasty while ranked #1 or #2, I am going with the Seminoles

7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Just a gut feeling.

FSU: 28
    PSU: 24

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Gimme Penn State 35-31

9. Dru50

bit late, we played about 3 hours ago, but you got the point difference right.