Game Recap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by redlishus, Aug 22, 2010.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Game Recap

Is this going to be enforced this year? Just wondering if the winning team is expected to give a brief breakdown of the game. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.

2. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

I would like to vote against this if it comes to a vote...granted it doesn't take up much time but when you factor in playing your game and manually entering stats as well it adds up.

3. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

i think there should be a required amount of gamerecaps/ team articles to recap a fe weeks at a time. not nesicarily every game because not eveygame is highlight worthy. id say like 8-10.

4. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

5. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

6. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

So in the time it took you to post the last 2 posts, you would have been able to type up a brief game report. (y)

7. greeeeeeeeg2003

greeeeeeeeg2003 Walk On

I am only doing it b/c i'm trying to figure out my sig picture. lol

8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

You pose a good question, Troy. The simple answer is, "Yes."

The detailed explanation is this... Eddie and I have agreed that we will be strictly enforcing the owner responsibilities this year. We devote a LOT of time to you guys, so we expect a little in return. We are enforcing a mandatory game recap from the winning team of EVERY game. So not only are you expected to manage your team's salary cap and play your games on time, you are also expected to enter your player stats on LeagueDaddy and post a game recap if you won your game. It doesn't need to be a novel, just a simple summary of the game highlighting the high/low points of the game. Pictures/videos are optional, but always good content to have.

The reasons for using LeagueDaddy is this... We can manipulate our stats the way we need to, we can archive our stats from the previous seasons, and we have a centralized location to broadcast our scores WITH game summaries. We do not have the capability to do so with the EA online franchise and its website. Until we do, LeagueDaddy will be a requirement. The easy part for owners is this... You can pull your stats from the end of game stats in the online franchise OR from the EA franchise site. Again, it may sound like duplication, but we are able to keep a league history in this manner.

Now, if anyone is deficient in ANY of their owner responsibilities and they have not provided a reasonable explanation for their failure, they will be removed - plain and simple. If anyone has a problem with fulfilling these responsibilities, please inform us now and we will determine if an amicable solution can be derived. If not, we will find a replacement owner.

So owner's responsibilities are as follows. If you are unable OR unwilling to perform these duties, please let us know now...

1) MANAGE SALARY CAP: resignings, FA, rookie draft, etc.
    2) PLAY GAMES TIMELY: communicate and finish games before deadline
    3) ENTER STATS ON LEAGUEDADDY FOR EVERY GAME PLAYED: player stats ONLY - can be pulled from the online franchise (website OR game)
    4) ENTER GAME RECAP: required from winning team, voluntary from losing team